Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I brought Woody Allen into the conversation, I didn't compare them, I WAS MAKING A POINT. You can take a person and overlook whatever qualities you want, but you CAN'T force someone else to. You don't agree with Clinton 100%, but you still support her. I brought Woody Allen into this as an example of how he divides people. You and however many people might not like him for whatever reason, but other people will overlook that and watch his films.

But you support Clinton. So it is easy for you to say "Because Hillary Clinton NOT keeping all her campaign promises is much, much less dangerous than Donald Trump actually KEEPING even one of his campaign promises." And that is a moot point, anyway, because there are Americans who are voting for neither candidate. So one being more dangerous than the other isn't going to make much of a difference when one candidate is a dangerous liability and the other one is your typical politician, and the man/woman on the street has chosen not to vote.

He's not a joke? Wait, on page 2, post 206 you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
He's deranged. This is just so bizarre, lol.
If he isn't a joke to you, the last thing you should be doing is "lol". I'll tell you now, Clinton is going to win, but the question still would need to be asked how he has managed to be so popular, and get this far. You can chalk only so much of his popularity to racism.

Last edited by The Shadow Strikes; 10-11-2016 at 12:10 PM
Old 10-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The point is lost when the two people are so incredibly far apart in their perceived sins.

Oh, sometimes his crap is so crazy, I laugh, because I don't, I'll cry or scream. But HE is not a joke. The threat of him is not a joke.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh **** at Solange and her new album.
Cranes in the Sky got me like

And Bruno Mars new song got me like
Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Extreme Fan

The point isn't lost when the two people might be so far apart, yet neither appeal. Leaves only one option, not to vote.

He is a joke* in so far as a businessman with a dubious track record making a bid for presidency. Between that, and a former first lady, it sounds like a reality tv show.

*Though watching videos analyzing his speeches/interviews, he employs a lot of tricks. Tricks that before, I didn't pick up on.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Woody Allen doesn't "not leave appeal"- he's a monster who preys on children. He doesn't belong in any attempt to make any kind of "likability" point.

The movement he inspires- and I am completely comfortable calling the 35% of registered voters in his corner racist- is not a joke. He rose to political power by insisting our first black President couldn't possibly be American, which was pure racism. He's kept his power by calling Mexicans rapists and Muslims terrorists. That's not a joke, and it's certainly not funny.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You or Sam_MC, or any other Clinton supporters might like to think that there are only 2 options, but there IS a 3rd option, not 2. I've been on other forums, with members living in the US, and they are saying that they won't vote for either of them. A country as big as the US, a population in excess of, what... 320,000,000 (?) isn't just going to have people voting for Trump or Clinton, you are going to have non-voters. Even if it were half that, there are bound to be people voting for all for either or none.
But don't you see that not voting at all is just as harmful? Your non vote is a silent vote saying that you're not bothered by the venom that Trump represents. So I say again, non voters are by default Trump supporters. Not because you're actively supporting him, but you're doing absolutely nothing to send the message that what he stands for is wrong.

And in a lot of ways, that is what I'm afraid of. I would hope that enough non voters realize in time that leaving the fate of their future in the hands of other people is crazy.

We all live in democratic societies, and so we all have a responsibility to vote. It's not a right any of us should take for granted. That's how we end up with Trump.

I live in Aus where it's compulsory to vote so having to take a side is something that just has to happen. But in the case of this election, it's actually dangerous to be silent. Trump is dangerous.

And even if you don't personally agree with a lot of what Hillary says, you should be able to identify a greater good that she does represent over Trump.

Pick any issue of importance, Hillary is on the right side of history. Her willingness to listen and adapt is how social progress and bipartisanship is achieved.

Quote:
ETA- ruh roh, Sam. Trump supporters brought Beyonce into it. LOL.

http://mediamattersforamerica.tumblr...-have-the-tape
LOL how stupid. This woman is comparing Trump sexually assaulting women to Beyonce having sex with her husband.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I remember one politician saying all Hillary voters were just Beyonce fans who wanted free birth control. LOL.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ROFL that was hilarious. BeyHive as usual **** ha up. Sam were you at the meeting? lol

Anyways Iris West for President.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Did they fix the alternate timeline no one knows each other thing yet? I'm kind of fed up with The Flash continually stalling.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jay aka Dawson's daddy dragged Barry for filth for doing that. Literally he dragged Barry who was almost trying to mess with the timeline again and then he admitted to everyone that he was from a different time. This timeline Joe and Iris didn't talk for a yr because he didn't tell her that her mom died and Dante is dead so Cisco is in grief counseling. One good thing is that Caitlin is giving us Killer Frost tease.

Felicity was so unnecessary last night. lmao
Old 10-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Being able to change timelines is the worst thing about The Flash. I am hating this storyline too.

Not even Iris getting more screentime is saving it.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope this is the last of it we see. It sucks that Dante died but I feel like this timeline is just running everything good about the show and Barry ****ing with peoples lives. I see now why Diggle's daughter Sara ended up not being the new Green Arrow. It's because she's now a boy. Even though said boy should really be Oliver Queens son since he has a mixed race son in the comics name Conner who also becomes The Green Arrow but whatever Guggenheim keep ****ing **** up and then using The Flash as the excuse.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I can hardly breathing for laughing. /sarcasm

#RepealThe19th: Donald Trump supporters tweet new anthem after Nate Silver’s poll shows he’d win if only men voted - Salon.com

Whatever, boys. Whine all you want- come November, women are going to be the reason your ****boy doesn't get anywhere near the White House.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you see when that idiot told his supporters to go out and vote on the 28th?
Old 10-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, I hope they do. And not a minute sooner! We all know they can only trust The Donald. Ignore the lamestream media telling you voting is on November 8th! Listen to your leader!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread