Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Maybe we're lucky in the UK. Even big DVD releases cost about £10 now, compared to £20, 10 years ago. On saying that, I do buy some titles from the US, either if they are released in the US before the UK (as many are), or if there is to be no UK release.
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I also admit that I love the ease, especially when it comes to television shows with multiple seasons, that I can flip from episode to episode. High school me never would have believed I could have all seasons of Buffy, Roswell, The X-Files, Alias, and Friends on the same device, lol.
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Just the joy of not having to get up to change discs every 4 episodes is pretty amazing.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

That would depend on the show/DVD. But I can't say that I get worn out, just by getting out of a chair, walking to my DVD player, pushing a button and changing discs. Then again, changing episodes at a push of a button might be exerting. You still need to push a button, that could prove to be very tiring.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

It's true. But Netflix has overcome that problem too since the episodes continue playing in sequence and I don't have to do anything at all.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
It's true. But Netflix has overcome that problem too since the episodes continue playing in sequence and I don't have to do anything at all.
Yep, lol. I marathoned The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt exactly like that. Didn't do a thing, just let it go from episode to episode.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Oh! I've been meaning to queue that.

Was it funny?

And, you haven't watched Bloodline by any chance?

#offtopicforaminute
Old 04-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Bloodline is next- that seemed more intense, lol, but KYLE CHANDLER.

And yeah, it was somehow adorable despite being based on a very dark premise. I'd say Kimmy's roommate and the always-wonderful Jane Krakowski really steal the show.

Er, Mischa should totally guest on that show. Ahem.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

I couldn't really get a grasp on what Bloodline is actually about when watching the trailers, but yeah, Kyle Chanlder is enough of a reason.

And I think I want to watch Daredevil when that's released too.

Mischa on a Netflix show would be a dream come true.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hope Lost has a 4.6 on IMDB with 140 votes there are three reviews. there's one that seems pretty objective which is nice (they rated it a 6). There's a one star review, which surprisingly says the acting is strong. I don't really follow IMDB as an indicator as to how good a movie is, it just sucks that her movies tend to have such low ratings. Still keeping positive though.

GAH! It's online. So tempted to watch it! But I wanna support her projects the right way! sigh
Cablebot3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

This is a tough subject line, and it's hard to say if the writers gave it the seriousness it deserves. Still, if Mischa has a decent even if small role, I can usually find some merit, heh.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

Apartment 1303 was rock bottom and has a 2.6 rating so hey, we're on the up and up!

Although, I Will Follow You Into the Dark only has 4.6 and I would give that at least an 8 or something personally.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys, so I just finished watching it (it's online).A bit frustrated with it actually. The movie is really bleak and dark, which is perfectly fine (I actually like dark films). I really enjoyed the movie, until the last 20 min or so. It gets a bit over the top and kind of just plain weird. I won't spoil anything though. The characters definitely could have been fleshed out more, and it moves kind of fast, but you really care for the characters and their positions. The acting is great, Mischa does a good job, although I can't comment on whether or not her accent is good, but she holds her own in this film. The main actress however, really carries the film. If the lead actress wasn't as good as she was, then the film would have really suffered. The music is good at times as well, and then at times it's really cheesy and WAY to loud, so then the dialogue becomes muffled. I think the rating is a bit low, but honestly, the ending kind of ruined it a bit for me. Not that it's a bad film, it's actually decent, but it could have been much better given a little better of a script. Check it out though. When it's released properly I"ll def rent it so to support it. I'll say this, it's definitely a very different film for Mischa that's for sure.
Cablebot3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
Apartment 1303 was rock bottom and has a 2.6 rating so hey, we're on the up and up!

Although, I Will Follow You Into the Dark only has 4.6 and I would give that at least an 8 or something personally.
8 would be a fair score for Into The Dark. Maybe 8.5, it is my favourite of Mischa's films, after all.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Does she have a lot of screen time?
Reply   Post New Thread