Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2022, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you
Old 05-21-2022, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mary Ann, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I know it's an emotional time, and I am sending you my prayers. I hope you and the rest of the family are receiving the necessary support and comfort from those in your community.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-21-2022, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, We had the memorial service Friday, but we are waiting on the ashes to come back and then there will be a private burial for the family.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hope you won't be waiting long to be able to have the burial

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-22-2022, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If any of you have Spotify or Apple Music, you can listen to me as a guest on a Kelly-related podcast. It's called Miss Indepodcast, and the episode is "Round Table #4."

I'm taking the day off tomorrow. Happy about that.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's cool you got to be a guest on it

Sorry everyone, my fault for not posting yesterday or at least coming on sooner after work, but we've got 48 hours without a post

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-25-2022, 04:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Hope you won't be waiting long to be able to have the burial

Last Monday was when I lost my dad. The Celebration Of Life (memorial service) was last Friday. His ashes came back Monday. Due to the weather and the preacher being out of town it will be Friday before we can bury them. My brother arranged to have 5 small urns with some of his ashes in them to be ser aside. One for his wife, one for my daughter, one for each brother and one for myself.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is nice. It's good to have a celebration aside from the burial. I hope those that attended brought along some good memories to share.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Shame about the weather delaying things but at least it isn't too long of a wait still. That is nice you all have a piece

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-29-2022, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

I am so stressed from dealing with mice We have caught two and this morning I saw one run accross my kitchen floor! We got a professional out the other and he found two entry holes that needed blocking and put out traps/poison. I just want them gone, I'm just about ready to move house
Old 05-29-2022, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
That is nice. It's good to have a celebration aside from the burial. I hope those that attended brought along some good memories to share.
The memorial was mainly family and friends that I haven't seen in years. We shared some stories. The burial was just a few people and that was family. The only people that weren't family was a friend that my daughter brought with her and of course the preacher. I went to school with the preacher who is only 1 yer older than me. My brothers dug the grave for the ashes and when they were covering the ashes I asked my baby brother if I could, too, and he said, "Of Course." He gave me the shovel and I added some dirt, but stopped and asked my daughter if she wanted to add some. My little brother had stopped when I took the shovel and just stood back until after we had added the rest and then they bother smoothed it out. That was day before yesterday. Yesterday was my dad's birthday. It has been a rough couple of weeks to say the least.

My little brother gave me my small urn with ashes and mom made the remark that dad had the last word and that she would have to live with him for the rest of her life. They had a running joke that they would come back and haunt the other when they died.

I hope that you can get rid of the rats and mice soon, Kelly.

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 05-29-2022 at 08:36 AM
Old 05-29-2022, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly, that sounds like an ordeal! I hope it gets sorted soon.

Came down with a really rough cold. Last test was negative for Covid, but gonna take a second test later...

Old 05-29-2022, 11:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yuck Sorry you've got a mice problem. Hopefully the entrances are sealed now & there's no other one. Good luck getting them all & solving the issue soon

Mary Ann That sounds like a hard but lovely way to remember your father. Sad the timing worked out that it would've been his birthday Sounds like some rough time, yes

Oh no Amelia Hope you don't get too sick & it doesn't turn into covid Feel better soon

Winter is coming here. Think we skipped Autumn/Fall

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-05-2022, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

The mice are in the loft which really freaks me out. The man came out again and they had eaten 3 trays of poison up there but we could still hear them moving around at night so he has put another 4 trays down. They are still coming into the kitchen though as you can see the droppings I've spent most of the week at my mums house as I can't relax here especially with a young child.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't blame you at all. Yuck Do they like the poison or something? Really sounds like a bad problem if they're still there after three trays. Hopefully it can be sorted out soon . At least you can stay with your mother to try relax better, that's something

I'm convinced May went from still hot/warm weather to cold without much of a middle ground I wish I lived somewhere with proper seasons or at least a real & longer Autumn

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread