Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Congrats! Enjoy & good luck

Hope it plays nice for you now Karen

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

how are you Chelle? Any fun weekend plans?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 05-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm ok, cold. We had like a 10 degree drop in temperature since Wednesday, or even yesterday. It was warm in the sun, until the wind came as it had ice so you could feel the cool change coming. But then today it really hit with lots of ice & coldness. I got home & I was contemplating if I needed my heater on already - I've settled for blankets, layers, & the hope my oven will warm my place . Cold is so much worse when it suddenly drops like that

My weekend plans involve trying to finish two units of my coursework so not really fun. Then I have an ultrasound on Monday so from having to take that day off I've got a long weekend of coursework & not so much fun

How are you? Any fun plans?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it's easier when the drop in temperature goes more steadily!
I do love cozying up underneath a blanket!

that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun no such a shame that the coursework takes up so much time for you!

My plans? not so busy well apart from sunday, it's mother's day and I have to visit my mom and boyfriend's mom after a day of work... so that's a hectic day going from one place to another all day long!

Old 05-11-2018, 02:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

We still were getting Summer-like weather & then we got hit with Winter it seems. Its a shock to the system. Even some parts actually got snow (including a place I used to live so I've seen photos on FB about it )
Winter & cooler weather is good for snuggling & blankets

It does suck, but oh well . I'm sure its worth it in the long run. Would help if I got all the study time at work I'm meant to get. Even today I had to go back into the room for just over an hour to cover another staff member attending a meeting . Then the time before that I didn't get it at all because my boss didn't replace a staff member who had the day off - I just had to stay in the room . Very frustrating as it always seems to be my study day which gets interrupted or not covered properly... Its not a lot but having a day each fortnight would help... sorry, ranting

wow that's a lot in one day. Sucks you've got work as well as those things. I'm sure the mother's day celebrating would be fun though . Its mother's day here too but I can't see mine since she's too far away

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

weather is not sure which season to stick with yet, summer or winter

that's stupid! You should get more study time at work, then you'd have a little more spare time on your hands.

are you gonna go another time?

Old 05-11-2018, 04:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Nope, weather is mean

I should get more time, but luck isn't on my side . I'm entitled to 3 hours a week - which I'm meant to get fortnightly as 6 hours... (there's another person studying so we alternate weeks to have the Friday as the study day) but something seems to constantly happen on my day

Nope, I'd have to take time off work to be able to get there & that's another issue atm ... but I'm hoping to get Christmas, New Years, & my mother's birthday (start of Jan) off so I'll spend that whole time at the end of the year with my family so there's that to hope for

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

does that other person have that on her fridays as well (otherwise you should switch ) haha

oh boy that's a long wait though...

Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

No, her Fridays seem to go uninterrupted. I'm just getting bad luck

It is . Unless they come to Sydney for some reason during the year it means I last saw them in April just after Easter & won't see them again until December. They're coming down to go on a cruise around early-mid December so I might see them then before they leave. Then ideally I want off from when they get back so they can take me home with them . But I don't know how appreciative my boss will be if I put in leave for Christmas just yet, & she won't approve Christmas leave until a lot closer to the date

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi! I'm not sure if anyone that even remembers me is still around, but I've been absent for... umm... at least a year or two. Unfortunately, I probably still won't be around much as I'm expecting my first child anytime within the next 3 weeks...

Anyway, I didn't want to just randomly start posting sporadically again and not mention something here.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I remember you Miranda . Got excited when I saw your username come up. Congrats on the pregnancy! That's exciting news

I don't know how many people are still around from then, & there's been a few username changes (& probably moderators ). My previous usernames were Cheali & speedoflifexx so not sure if you'll remember me from either of them. Then Jess would've been around then. She was MaybeLove. before & is now morgonrodnad. Amelia probably was around at some point too - you might remember her by NJHForeverandAlways or endless forms? She's now kiss the wind

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I do remember you and many of those names! Nice that some people are still around.

Life was crazy for awhile and it's going to get nuts again, but Kelly stuff has been pretty fun lately what with her amazing album and seeing her every week on the Voice, so I thought I would pop back in. At least for a bit.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah some are around, or have come & gone. But people may change, but the board remains amazing & being here

A baby is very likely to make it crazy again but I hope you can still visit from time to time . Even if its one off posts to randomly say hi

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Awe, thanks. That's one thing I do love about this board. Everyone was always so friendly to each other and great at making all posters feel included.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations on your baby, Miranda! That's very exciting news. Good to see you around even if it's just for a bit.

Chelle, that's got to be difficult to be so far away from your family. I always joke with my mom that I'm going to move to a different state to teach, but IDK if I could be so far away from my mom.

amelia | icon: mel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread