Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, definitely difficult to say which direction they will go. I heard that the producer is accepting questions on the AMC site and she will answer them
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I'm sad that tomorrow is the last episode for the season. I bet there will be re-runs during the summer!!
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hear they will run a marathon of the first 12 episodes today and tomorrow before the finale. On the Sundance Channel
Old 06-18-2011, 05:30 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Now that's great news -- Checking it out now.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to the Season Finale tonight. It's going to be good.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Excited and a little sad at the same time.

WOW -- a triple cliffhanger!!!

Last edited by SPA; 06-19-2011 at 08:05 PM
Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't think it was the person they arrested, but I was surprised at the ending with the person getting into the car. (Like how I am vague? LOL)
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I'm not agreeing with the critics for their remarks about not exposing who the killer. I never thought it was promised, but I do recall TPTB saying that it would not be dragged out forever. I loved the triple cliffhanger ending -- Mireille is right in the interview I read today -- there's way too much untold story to have just ended it with Season 1's last episode. This is a great show.

Who is Holder a mole for?? Mayor Adams???
Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think I did hear that it was supposed to be solved in the first season. I'm pretty sure that's how the Danish version of the show does it. But, that being said, I don't have a problem with it going into season two. (But, only if they follow through and solve it at some point in season two. Veena Sud did say that it would be solved in season 2). She also said that another case would begin as well.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a bit disappointed in Holder. I was very skeptical about his character in the beginning but he kinda grew on me with his whole backstory. And now he is somewhat.. bad?

I figured they wouldn't wrap up the story this season. I was already wondering what they would do next season.. a whole new murder story?

I don't know how the Danish original handled. Don't wanna go look for it, so I won't spoil myself.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:46 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I agree with both assessments -- a friend and I were talking yesterday and he said the same thing, Lulu. That the true killer would be revealed early in Season 2 with a new murder. I wonder if Linden is staying in Seattle?

Holder was straight out of left field; I mean, who saw that coming? I did see Belko leading up to what he was prepared to do though. I wonder if Richmond dies. Scenario: Richmond dies and true killer revealed -- a lot of "oopsies" with the Larsen clan, you know? (kinda heavy-handed).

What iintrigues me is Richmond actiing so stoic. I think he's complicit about something, just not Rosie's murder.

I love this triple-cliffhanger!!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
I'm a bit disappointed in Holder. I was very skeptical about his character in the beginning but he kinda grew on me with his whole backstory. And now he is somewhat.. bad?

I figured they wouldn't wrap up the story this season. I was already wondering what they would do next season.. a whole new murder story?

I don't know how the Danish original handled. Don't wanna go look for it, so I won't spoil myself.
That's what I was thinking too.

Quote:
What iintrigues me is Richmond actiing so stoic. I think he's complicit about something, just not Rosie's murder.

I love this triple-cliffhanger!!
I agree about Richmond.

The ending was well played. Can't wait for next season.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Word on the street is that The Killing -- Season Two will begin at the end of this summer, not in the winter -- and that's great news. Guess that means they are filming now or really soon.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would be cool if they started season 2 at the end of the summer.

I went to read the questions that Veena Sud answered on AMC. She was explaining her reasoning behind not solving the crime at the end of season one. Unfortunitely, the comments by the readers show that they aren't pleased with her decision. Siting that the viewers were promised a resolution. I actually don't mind because if you think of it, they had a 13 episode season. Technically seasons run 22 episodes.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I thought the same thing. The Killing took off with such a huge and good following that it deserved more than 13 episodes for a first season. Had it had 22 episodes, I'm sure we would have had more resolution. Total agree.