Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Total Fan

Scott’s Recommendation ~ “The Killing” on AMC ~ What do you think?

I never would have found and started watching The Killing on my own. Thanks to Scott for recommending it, and thanks to SPA for posting Scott’s recommendation here on . I can see why Scott would like it. After catching up with online episodes back in April, I have been watching it every week. The acting is top notch, especially Rosie’s parents. The story and writing are very well done. It has a good balance each episode between the intrigue/mystery building and answers to move the story along at a pace that keeps it interesting, which is something The Event was not able to accomplish. I’d love to see Scott involved in a show of this caliber.

Who else is watching The Killing?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:52 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Thanx for the new thread, Tarty. I have to be honest with you, the story content had me gasping. It's a little off-centered -- takes you right up front to pain and agony and anguish. And then the mystery solving was the clincher for me to come back for more. It's on the dark side -- really dark. I'm hoping it gets renewed for a season 2 and wonder what a second season will bring.

Also, I wonder if a season 2 might attract Scott to seeking a role on this "established" series??? Keeping fingers crossed.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

I remember Scott recommending it. But, I didn't jump in right away. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch. I then watched the first four episodes online, catching myself up. Now I watch every week.

I have anticipated certain things. Like what Rosie's dad did to the teacher. But, I still am not sure who killed Rosie.

The characters are very complex. The lead detective is hard to read. She seems to keep her emotions in check. A lot going on with her. Her partner, we are seeing there is more then meets the eye. He is facing his own demons.

I'm pretty sure they will get a season two. I think the premise of the show would warrant a new case for a new season. With would mean, with the exception of the two detectives, there would have to be a whole new set of characters introduced.

That would be a perfect opportunity for Scott. it would almost be like working on a mini-series/movie of the week (but spanned over one season).
Old 06-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Total Fan

I agree with you, SPA. In the beginning, The Killing was difficult to watch at times. The raw emotions of Rosie's parents were chilling. The actors' performances were perfectly nuanced. The audience felt their pain and loss. The younger brothers' actions and emotions felt 'true' instead of some Hollywood version. Their fears felt real. You don't often see that on a television show. This whole family's world was turned upside down, and yet they still had to find a way to move forward. That's good writing.

I believe there are only two more episodes to this first season. Is that right? I don't know if they are going to solve the case and find the killer by then or continue the search in season two. It will be interesting to see.

Quote:
But, I still am not sure who killed Rosie.
I am not sure either. I wonder if we have even seen the real killer's character yet.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

There are only two episodes left. I believe I read somewhere that the case is supposed to be solved by season's end. But, maybe that has changed because of the positve buzz about the show and they'll want to continue with the storyline somehow.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know he recommended it. I'm watching it since the beginning..
Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Susi, he raved about it on his FB page. Talking about the premise and especially the writer/executive producer Veena Sud.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh cool. I haven't checked his page in forever.
But yes, the show is very good.. yet so devastating.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
But yes, the show is very good.. yet so devastating.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I think he really respects the writing/writers of this show -- seems to be a common theme for him in interviews). Says that this is what a top tv series is all about -- a juicy story, the right cast, and let the acting and the story flow. That's pretty unique to do right off the bat, when things tend to be a little choppy until it straightens itself out. But The Killing seems to be picking up speed each week. I find it interesting that the cable tv series are the "drama" ones and getting lots of acclaim. You'd think that the Big Four would pick up on this. Maybe cable tv networks are the places to look for good tv shows.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am finding that a lot of good dramas are being found on cable.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Total Fan

AMC renewed The Killing for a Second Season

Yikes, this episode's ending was scary. Oh man, is it really Darren Richmond? Or has Tom Drexler (or someone else) hacked Darren's email account to take the blame? It's a nail-biter!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 PM
SPA
Master Fan

That was definitely a W-O-W episode. Intense and one creepy ending. Sarah is alone with him, and he definitely has a disturbing side. I can hardly wait til next week's closing episode to get a clue to the direction of Season 2. How many think that Rosie's killer will be exposed next week?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hope they do reveal the killer because that's how the premise was originally spelled out, from what I understand. If they drag it out, it might upset viewers.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:02 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Someone had mentioned once, I remember reading, that maybe season 2 will be about the arrest and courtroom prat of the show -- This means that Sarah will need to compile all the evidence in order the make the accused to found guilty. I'm not sure how that would pan out, but maybe. I just think that there's still a lot more storylines that need more time for explanation. If they show the accused on Sunday, it will be interesting to see how it builds up to a season 2 -- another killing??