Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

That pic is not showing for me

I thought that Scott had an photoshoot for AiA, but they still use the one froma shoot for Gilmore Girls...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Actually I think all the pics are new (check out the AiA promo shot of Scott...he's wearing the same top) they've just cropped all 4 family members in such a way to fit the frame.
I don't mind the photoshoping one bit. I think it doesn't intend to be realistic so it looking a bit floopy is quite okay by me

Heads up: Dan Byrd and Adhir Kalyan opened a celebrity blog on the TVGuide site
Cool! Off to read!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
That pic is not showing for me
Is this link better for you?

Aliens in America Photo Gallery - Scott Patterson/32645219mq3

Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

I love the pictures of Scott in that brown shirt. He looks so good. I still cannot see the poster!

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
That's it, his expression in the shot is not the 'happy' Gary we see on the show. They probably look dozens of shots during that shoot for GG and they couldn't find one with a smile?

I just thought at some point they would find the time to do some better shot for the new show, but the CW has never been good in the promo department.
No, they haven't - and that's putting it mildly. At one point shortly before the show was aired, I wrote to tvguide.com to complain - because all they were showing of Scott was that GG-S7 promo shot and they still showed "Patrick Breen" instead of Scott on the cast list. Was surprised to receive a response ... they said they removed Patrick's name; and as far as promo shots, that's all they'd received from the CW ... and that as soon as the CW sent new pix, they'd post them. Meanwhile the CW actually renamed and redated the GG promo - as if Scott fans wouldn't know the difference! That network is totally "penny wise/pound foolish" ... but at least they picked up Aliens - and brilliantly offered the part to Scott. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess!

Don't know if anyone has seen the upcoming eps. ... just in case: Nov. 12, 1.7 "Purple Heart"; Nov. 19, 1.8 "My Musky Myself"; Nov. 26 1.9 "Junior Prank". Spec. from me: there will probably be a break before 1.10 airs ... and since it's Wisconsin in wintertime, I imagine it's going to get mighty cold. Enjoy the Scott t-shirt pix while they last!!!!!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!

Last edited by KbatMO; 11-07-2007 at 05:42 PM
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Thanks!

I never noticed he's wearing the same shirt there
I guess they didn't photoshop him in...

Quote:
Don't know if anyone has seen the upcoming eps. ... just in case: Nov. 12, 1.7 "Purple Heart"; Nov. 19, 1.8 "My Musky Myself"; Nov. 26 1.9 "Junior Prank". Spec. from me: there will probably be a break before 1.10 airs ... and since it's Wisconsin in wintertime, I imagine it's going to get mighty cold. Enjoy the Scott t-shirt pix while they last!!!!!
Are those ep titles? They changed them again?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dan was on tonight's Ghost Whisperer here in Australia!

I know I haven't seen him in much, well anything apart from AiA but it's nice to see him on another role.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

derStandard.at

This is an article here in Austria in a big Newspaper. They always have not very nice critics for movies or tv-shows. But this article about AiA, that the american television found a funny answer to the 9/11 fears, this is a very nice one.

I´t funny that especially this Newspaper brings something about AiA, even when this show don´t run here in Austria or Germany.

I´m not that good in elgish, so maybe someone else can translate the hole article.
(Maybe Susi can you help me out?)
Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I think that's the first austrian article I read about Aliens.

I think it's not really necessary to translate the article. They mostly tell what the show is about. But they say it's a big hit this season... uhm.. yeah.

It's weird though that they didn't even mention that Scott is in it.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Dan was on tonight's Ghost Whisperer here in Australia!

I know I haven't seen him in much, well anything apart from AiA but it's nice to see him on another role.
What eppy was that?

I wonder if they'll show Aliens in Holland
Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
What eppy was that?

"The Walk In" according to the TV Guide I have, I don't normally watch and just had it on for the next show so didn't get to see him much.

AiA is set to come here (Australia) some time next year, not holding my breath for it, locally they have a habit of promising shows which never turn up.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They might, I just can't imagine a network that would show it? One of the RTL's, I guess...

Yvonne
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"The Walk In" according to the TV Guide I have
Ok thanks

Quote:
They might, I just can't imagine a network that would show it? One of the RTL's, I guess...
I guess so and I think it will be RTL 8
Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Ausiello has a poll up. Currently, AiA is last.

What is your favorite
new comedy series?
(top five results)

43% Chuck

25% Samantha Who?

12% The Big Bang Theory

11% Reaper

4% Aliens in America

Yvonne
Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

You know I am too far away to know what is realy going on at the tv shows in the u.s., but what I think is, that if AiA would be shown on another channel then the CW, they would be doing much better then the ratings they get now.