Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

I blame it on the stupid cliffhanger. Everything had to be written so vague and ambigous in 518. Mark couldn't show all the things he should have or it wouldn't be a surprise who Lucas picked. I think he felt the beginning of season 5 did it's job with setting up LP, then to build up to the stupid cliffhanger and the possibility of him ultimately choosing one of the other two girls, he had to put Peyton on the back burner and keep Lucas pining after Lindsey and hanging out with Brooke. But why he's barely had Lucas or Peyton even acknowledge any of the events of season 5 is rather annoying to me, but the simple fact is he probably knows it's disjointed and the best easiest way for the writers to deal with that is to just ignore it. And I've noticed that every season feels disjointed from the previous one, that's nothing new anyway.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Aww Peyton can't get drunk
This is the only thing that disappoints me about Pregnant!Peyton, she can't get drunk. I like drunk Peyton, and I wanted to see more of drunk Peyton after 5x12. Don't tease us by mentioning her being all boozy and then not show us!
It says,
"Does he ever get the girl?"
Ashley
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

When is the last time someone was shown to be drunk besides Lucas in 517-518? These are the most boring group of 22 year olds ever.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The last drunk person was Brooke in 507? Remember her slurring and trying to seduce Owen? "You had your stealing Lucas face." Only drunk people talk like that lol
Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And I've noticed that every season feels disjointed from the previous one, that's nothing new anyway.
Yep, that's pretty much been the case with all seasons. I don't mind this disjointed feeling that much because after 2.10, pretty much every other storyline seems less disjointed in comparison.

Plus, I really believe that we would have been left with an even more bitter taste in our mouth, had Mark not put LP together in the premiere.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinLovesOTH (View Post)
These are the most boring group of 22 year olds ever.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Oh I just remember they had Millie drunk in 614. And Gigi drunk in 610?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're right so its the secondary people drinking along with Brooke. Has Brooke taken ovah the show? LOL
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinLovesOTH (View Post)
When is the last time someone was shown to be drunk besides Lucas in 517-518? These are the most boring group of 22 year olds ever.
They don't even feel like 22 year olds. I'm 23 and I can safely say I've never thought about adopting a baby, or a freaking teenager for that matter. But then again I'm way too busy running my multi-million dollar clothing company and making movies... oh wait.
It says,
Ashley
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_urban (View Post)
Disjointed is the right word. It feels like there were two or three scenes that just got left on the editing room floor or something. Because what we were supposed to think, is that Lucas goes to Peyton's office and she tells him its her dream, and this sort of reawakens something in Lucas (along with the drawing), and that's what makes him decide that the fear of being hurt is worth that dream. But we didn't see that - we just saw Lucas go, "I don't hate you" to "hey let's go tie the knot". Um, what? I don't know any people in real life who would work that way.
I think it would have felt much better had they had at least ONE conversation before start laughing and acting all cheesy and goofy around each other as if after everything she had been put through, that day Peyton was just in her office pretty much patiently waiting for his proposal call and as if Lucas wasn't relieved as hell that after spending so God damn long testing the girl's patience there she was ready to get married to him.

I guess what I missed too was some sense of seriousness in their scenes, not only did they not talk but every time he got a little more serious you could see this big goofy smile on her face, lol, but that's more on Hil though.

You know what would have worked for me? If she had let him finish what he was about to say at the airport, and they had showed just a little bit more emotion that they were finally back together.

Idk, I just think their reunion could have been executed way better, but whatever. We're talking about Mark here, I should probably not have expected much.

No, Peyton Sawyer is not human. She's an angel. And she's my angel.
she.is.not.you
Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Has Brooke taken ovah the show?
This might have been one of the reason Sophia re-signed for another season.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandadiuana (View Post)
I think it would have felt much better had they had at least ONE conversation before start laughing and acting all cheesy and goofy around each other as if after everything she had been put through, that day Peyton was just in her office pretty much patiently waiting for his proposal call and as if Lucas wasn't relieved as hell that after spending so God damn long testing the girl's patience there she was ready to get married to him.

I guess what I missed too was some sense of seriousness in their scenes, not only did they not talk but every time he got a little more serious you could see this big goofy smile on her face, lol, but that's more on Hil though.

You know what would have worked for me? If she had let him finish what he was about to say at the airport, and they had showed just a little bit more emotion that they were finally back together.

Idk, I just think their reunion could have been executed way better, but whatever. We're talking about Mark here, I should probably not have expected much.
This. All of it.
It says,
Ashley
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
that day Peyton was just in her office pretty much patiently waiting for his proposal call and as if Lucas wasn't relieved as hell that after spending so God damn long testing the girl's patience there she was ready to get married to him.
Peyton wasn't waiting for Lucas to call her.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was like the most disappointing scene of 601 to me, especially considering how long it took to film that sequence. It was edited very badly.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree. But the thing is, the 4.09 reunion had this level of seriousness to it, so I know that he knows how to do it - he just didn't for whatever reason.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread