Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

really, Missy? FINALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettbianka (View Post)
I'm gonna warn you though that Insurgent has a crazy revelation at the end so maybe you wanna wait until we get closer to the releaase date of the last book.
well see that just makes me want to read it more
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Really? Then go out to a bookstore tomorrow and get it! And we can discuss after you finished the book.

Missy, are you going to read The Infernal Devices series as well? I personally like it better than TMI.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did get it, yesterday I'm 100 pages in so far.

I can't pick which one I like more. Sometimes it depends on the mood I'm in
Old 09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that was quick. I'm so glad you like it. It's one of my favorite series.

I'm not even a fan of historical fiction/steampunk/whatever that genre's called but I like most of the characters better in TID which makes the whole series more enjoyable.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I keep telling myself to slow down it's hard to do

liking the characters definitely does help the only thing that gets me meh about that series is the love "triangle."
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Soo... did you finish it?

That's definitely on my con list, too. I don't get why love triangles are so popular in YA books. Are there people out there who actuallly enjoy them?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

nope not yet

I don't know maybe the really young girls do....but they're such a trend now that I hope they'll start to get old for writers.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Missy, are you going to read The Infernal Devices series as well? I personally like it better than TMI.
I might, I just need to make sure I can find it. I have this whole list I wanna do lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_hope (View Post)
really, Missy? FINALLY
Yessss It's sitting on my table, waiting for me to finish a hundred or so pages of my current book so I can start it

KJS♄ first American Cesar winner
Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

I need to know what you think of the ending, Rae! So hurry up!

I have quite a long list right now, too, Missy! I think I'm gonna start with my newest addition: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It has a lot of great reviews and the summary sounds so good. I can't wait to read it.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I finished well done twist, well done...I'm still....trying to figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightless♄bird (View Post)
Yessss It's sitting on my table, waiting for me to finish a hundred or so pages of my current book so I can start it
get to it
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have quite a long list right now, too, Missy! I think I'm gonna start with my newest addition: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It has a lot of great reviews and the summary sounds so good. I can't wait to read it.
What is that book about, Bia? I never heard of it but I love seeing if it's something I'd like

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_hope (View Post)
get to it
I started it

KJS♄ first American Cesar winner
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Here's the summary:

Quote:
“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
I'm reading it right now. The beginning was a little slow but the story's picking up now and I'm afraid I won't be able to put it down to go to sleep.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I find that happens with many books they start slow and then BAM! things get awesome. I think I might pick up that book today along with Beautiful Creatures. hopefully they'll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightless♄bird (View Post)
I started it
yesss!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I thought of reading Beautiful Creatures once but the bad reviews changed my mind. If you end up reading it, let me know if you liked it.

I finished The Raven Boys. It was great but I have to say the summary is a bit misleading. There's almost no romance in the book at all (at least in this first one, maybe that will change later) and it focuses more on the relationship between the boys and how Blue crosses paths with them and joins them. I loved the book, though, and the ending makes me want to read moooore!

Divergent #3 has a release date: September 26, 2013. That's a whole year away.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I got it, but haven't started reading it. The movie trailer was what got me intrigued

I'm halfway through The Raven Boys I like it so far! like you said it started a bit slow, but even with the slowness it's still good. kinda wish there was more Noah for some reason maybe he'll show up more in the second half

I saw that when I got the second book and was like craaaaaaap