Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's this article saying that Alexis is going to be the Swan Princess in Shrek 3. well its not much of an article just a few words at Dark Horizon.I'm trying to get more.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Passionate Fan

At this point I think most people are just throwing names out of thin air. And actually I don't think the top contender Jessica Biel would necessarily be that bad.

I think it would be the wrong role for Alexis. It is too high profile and seems too much of a risk to absolutely bomb. Has "Elektra" written all over it. Even if it doesn't it would probably be a junky throwaway Charlie's Angels type movie. Right now careerwise her problem is mostly that being on the WB she is viewed as a lightweight. She still needs quality acting roles to prove otherwise.

That said the money would probably be good enough that she'd be loath to turn it down. And I'm all for action hero kung-fu Alexis.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 03-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

For the Wonder Woman thing, it would be nice, but I think that tehre's more chance for Lauren Graham to be cast than her...but we can hope

And for the Shrek 3, it would be great if she did that Swan Princess(whatever that is)
Old 03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
I think it would be the wrong role for Alexis. It is too high profile and seems too much of a risk to absolutely bomb. Has "Elektra" written all over it.
I agree. Don't think this movie will do too well...But, still it would be fun to see Alexis kick some butt!

As for her being in Shrek 3...that would be great! I would love if she did a voice in an animation.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Shrek 2 was an absolutely hysterical movie so 3 could be ok, nevertheless, I think it would be bad for Alexis to take a part in it. She hasn't really reached the point yet where her voice would be easily recognizable and she's not really a voice actor; she's more visual. I mean, who wants to stick a pretty girl like that in a sound booth? And although Wonder Woman would help her with that "Hot" image that Sin City is boosting, I don't think she could comand the boisterous attitude necessary for such a role. Lauren Graham would be good, but if those in charge are looking for a younger actress I think (and feel free to disagree) that Rachel Bilson might do a nice job. I mean, she's already worn the costume. The point is, Alexis seems to be better with roles that require the ability to express subtle emotions and silently vociferous personalities.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinIty
There's this article saying that Alexis is going to be the Swan Princess in Shrek 3. well its not much of an article just a few words at Dark Horizon.I'm trying to get more.

That would be funny Can't imagine that! We'll see.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Absolute Fan

I didn't know they're making Shrek 3, that's cool. I hope Alexis is in it.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 03-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I just read this here and it is soooo cute (hope it wasn't posted before)

ALEXIS BLEDEL: She [Lauren Graham] looks at me.

LAUREN GRAHAM: I'll take it.

ALEXIS BLEDEL: For me, I was in high school, and I think The WB was kind of starting so --

LAUREN GRAHAM: You watched "Dawson's Creek" when we started.

ALEXIS BLEDEL: Everybody watched "Dawson's Creek."

LAUREN GRAHAM: Not everybody watched it, you watched --

ALEXIS BLEDEL: When I was in high school, everybody watched it. And then all I remember past that is that "Felicity" was on, and she went to NYU or like some variation of NYU. And I was like, "Man, I'm never going to get into NYU because now everyone is going to want to go there because of Felicity." And Dawson wanted to be a film student, and I was like I'm never gonna get into --I don't know. That's why I was --
Old 03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that bit Pia! Where is it from?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Whoa, I've been looped out.

Alexis is currently in contention for both Wonder Woman and the Swan Princess in Shrek 3? (Really, what is the Swan Princess?) She can do what she wants. I think she has enough financial security with Gilmore, and a straight enough head on her shoulders to turn down extremely lucrative roles. Anyways, she's not a big-money commander yet, so I doubt she'll get an offer she cannot refuse, in terms of money.

Yeah, Elektra-esque ideas, bad for Alexis' career, although not too detrimental to Lauren's. Plus, Lauren could just pull it off better. As for animation, you are right, she is not a voice actor. Her voice is recognizable to us, but other people have barely seen her, how are they to know her voice? I actually think she'll do very well on the bigscreen, because her face can be very subtle and the camera loves her. On Gilmore, it's more of a play setting, with wider angles and singular shots.

Oh well, until the actual news is confirmed, I'm sure every actress is subject to speculation. Let's be glad she's considered but hope neither one becomes a reality.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
Thanks for that bit Pia! Where is it from?

It's fromhere, enjoy! http://opposites-are-polar.net/Trans...5/2005TCA.html
Old 03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Alexisfan
Yeah it´s a great script. I´ve read it before.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
As for animation, you are right, she is not a voice actor. Her voice is recognizable to us, but other people have barely seen her, how are they to know her voice?

Yeah, but Amanda Bynes voice is not really recognizable and she did Robots, (Or is it recogniable? Well I don't really know, she's not famous as Alexis is here in Brazil)
Old 03-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariSk8
Yeah, but Amanda Bynes voice is not really recognizable and she did Robots, (Or is it recogniable? Well I don't really know, she's not famous as Alexis is here in Brazil)
Alexis is famous in Brazil!?

I would really like it if Alexis did a voice in Shrek 3. And I imagine that the part of the Swan Princess wouldn't be a big one, so they don't need to have a FAMOUS actress to do the voice.

And I actually think Alexis' voice is recognizable, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for the link Pia!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
Alexis is famous in Brazil!?

I would really like it if Alexis did a voice in Shrek 3. And I imagine that the part of the Swan Princess wouldn't be a big one, so they don't need to have a FAMOUS actress to do the voice.

And I actually think Alexis' voice is recognizable, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for the link Pia!

Your welcome and it's not only you