Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

"Distant Past" Episode Discussion Thread

Quote:
A mysterious stalker from Adam's past shows up on Wisteria Lane; Danielle's baby puts stress on Bree and Orson's marriage; Lynette has a reunion with her long-lost stepfather.
From what I saw in the promo
Spoiler:

kenny | credit
Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Looks like a great episode leading into great things

Some previews:

YouTube - Desperate Housewives: 'A Distant Past' Sneak Peek 2
YouTube - Desperate Housewives Previews for 11-25-07
YouTube - Desperate Housewives: 'A Distant Past' Sneak Peek
YouTube - Desperate housewives 4x8 Distant Past Promo (also includes the preview for 4.09)
Old 11-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

So, which episode is bigger, 4x08 or 4x09? If it's 4x09 then I'll have to edit the title. But, yeah...that promo shows what I posted alot clearer.

kenny | credit
Old 11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

409 is the big one But 408 looks like a big episode, too.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress (View Post)
409 is the big one But 408 looks like a big episode, too.
Thanks...I edited the title.

kenny | credit
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Passionate Fan

You're very welcome
Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

I can't wait! so excited!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

I'm so totally pumped for these next two eps.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm very excited for this episode. The promo looks intense. Do we have 3 episodes left?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so freaking excited for 4.08 from the Bree/Orson sneak peeks I've seen. This has been the longest two weeks ever, roll on Sunday!
Sweetheart.

The Raveonettes - Hallucinations
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Banned

Shar want to see some hot BrOrson sex. I can't wait!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

at your sig quote, Kimberly Shaw!

kenny | credit
Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Good ep.

Way too much emphasis on the drug storyline, which I felt was the weakest part of the episode today.

LOVED Gablos. Poor Carlos, knocked out cold by the sleeping pills. I gotta admit, though, it was typical of Gabby to sneak them in his drink. She might love Carlos, but she's not above doing whatever to get her way. Victor suddenly grabbing Gabby by the face in he hospital made me jump. I think that hit to the head just made him crazier. I adored the church scene.

Enjoyed Lynette's storyline. Richard Chamberlain was a good guest on the show. It was nice to see the pizza place again, and to see some rare character interaction between Tom and Bree.

Really enjoyed Bree's storyline tonight. The famly bed thing felt a little odd to me, but the dental office scene, though? Smoking hot. I just wish they showed a little more of it. Hee.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Great episode! Lots of great one-liners and also touching moments.

My favorite aspect of the episode was once again, Bree's storyline. Finally, Andrew gets a meaty storyline. And his confrontation with Bree was a long time coming, and something I pointed out when I saw the season premiere. So, I'm glad the writers kept that and used it ... because Andrew has grown and Bree just hasn't acknowledged it, at all. At one point, I was hating Bree ... but, how could I hate her. When she surprised Orson at the office and questioning Tom, what's not to love.

The other thing I enjoyed about this episode, was Susan/Mike. Yeah, he's Mike!Bot again, but now we have reasons behind it. But, I have to say I found it amusing how Mike got his prescription ... a web of blackmail.

Julie That girl has some interesting taste. Loved Susan's line about the book having holes.

Gabrielle/Carlos/Edie/Victor --- Wow, could I be more done/against this storyline. Sadly, I found very little amusement from the ENTIRE storyline. I even questioned Eva's acting (or the writing) since it was less comedic and more obvious that Gabrielle was hiding something. But, when she gave Carlos the tequilla with the sleeping pills. But, I'm glad Victor knows and someone else in WL isn't hit with amnesia.

Andrew's line about the coaster ...

Lynette's whole family reunion was sweet, but didn't really keep my interest. But, what a way to easily solve that plot.

Adam's visitor ... who could it be?

Next week --- Half dreading, half excited ... We'll see what happens...

kenny | credit
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Banned

Bree: Amazing! seriously this is one of the best storylines of her's and i'm so empressed with Marcia this season. Loved that Andrew finally said something and told Bree that he has grown up and is independent and mature now. Love Andrew in this epi she sweet "Mom, use a coster", "I think i'm going to cry" awwwww so sweet. And the BrOrson office scene was well worth the wait.

Lynette: I was empressed with her in this episode and she wasn't boring or one note. Loved Stella and her ex. husband was great, it's a shame he was gay cause they seemed sweet together.

Gabby: Oh i hate hate hate Victor with a passion i can't stand him. They way he pulled Gabby's face like that made me so mad i wanted to scream. Carlos was hilarous falling the way he did when Gabby was talking to the cops.

Susan: So much in denial about have a addiction to something. I mean come on hallo Bree told her that addics are always sneaky and she didn't listen. But i'm glad she finally saw Mike in action getting the drugs from his truck. I did like Susan hooking Julie up with Mike's drug dealer. So Susan think to do.

Edie:grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, is all i have to say. Sneaky little witch!

Over all fantasting episode i enjoyed it all.