Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

"Back in Business" 5x04 Episode Discussion - 10/19

"Back in Business"
{5x04 Episode Discussion}

Written By: Joey Murphy & John Pardee
Directed By: Scott Ellis

Notable Guest Star: Charlie Babcock (Stu)

Synopsis:

Bree's success evokes jealousy on Wisteria Lane;
Lynette, who misses using her business expertise, offers Bree unsolicited marketing advice;
Mike feels as though he's not a part of MJ's life while Susan teaches their reluctant young son how to fall;
and Gaby wants Carlos to be more amorous.
Meanwhile, Dave's real reason for moving to Wisteria Lane begins to come into focus.

Promo:

Note: Until the episode has aired, any spoilers should be discussed using the spoiler tags... [*sp]hello[*/sp] remove the *'s

kenny | credit
Old 10-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Look good, Bree's success is making everybody jealous. I find it a bit funny because she is having this business take off so fast. But it seems like a great storyline this episode and there are some Brynette moments which I have been missing for a while.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Brynette! The last time we got them was 4x11 with the religion co-ercing. Should make for a great episode. And they brought Stu back!

kenny | credit
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Sneak peeks

Desperate Housewives - Spoilers: 3 Sneak Peeks 5x04 "Back in Business"
Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Very excited for this episode. It looks like a fun one for sure!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:25 PM
New Fan

6 hours! I'm so excited.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

We're so close! :-)
Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Mommy rides Daddy like a mechanical bull to get jewlery!

Oh, Gabby!

kenny | credit
Old 10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok...so I'm a lurker now And I'll admit, I started watching the show because of Gale Harold

But I'm totally falling in love with this show

Gabby cracked me up tonight! Like she does every week! I think she might be my favorite.

Dave gives me a weird vibe.

But of course, I loved the Susan/MJ/Mike/Jackson stuff.

He made me do it! He said 'Pwwease!' But when I saw the picture at the beginning, I had a feeling it was Susan, Jackson and MJ with Mike in the back.

He paints our house and Mommy gives him wine and he sleeps over.

The lil boy that plays MJ is adorable.

Ok..my ramble is done cause I suck at reviewing my TV shows
Old 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Great, nicely paced episode.

Loved all the housewife interactions, especially the one at the end between Lynette/Bree. The chemistry this cast has with one another is fantastic. I don't get the same "feel" like that with other shows, like Grey's.

Yay for Gablos sex! Damn Ricardo looks fine this season (not that I thought he looked bad in the other seasons of course). By far, their storyline was the most entertaining. Little Celia was given her first line!

I love little MJ. Poor little guy. He had a girl bully him, then purposely fell off his bike. I LOL'd at his bike getup.

It was nice to see Stu and Mrs. Butters again. Missed McClusky but I wouldn't want to see her being overused, you know?

Am loving the Dave mystery. It just keeps getting better and better.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Jenn came out of lurkdom!

Dave gives everyone a weird vibe. And now he has hand tremors and rage issues... and control issues. He's a big ol' mess.

I thought it was clever that MJ painted Jackson and not Mike in the front. And how he described his involvement with his mother. I felt bad for Mike when Jackson was helping MJ ride his bike. That kinda had to suck. But, Susan trying to get her kid in on her scheme was amusing... until it backfired.

Mike's moving back to the Lane. Didn't see that one comin'

BrOrson! Great ending for those two!

Drunk!Lynette is back! And she left her glass at the door.

Gablos blind sex! Awesome!

My thoughts are a bit scattered and generalized, but I promise to come back with more of a review.

kenny | credit
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Ken...I came out of lurkdom just for you

I felt a little bad for Mike..but then again, I don't know Mike like you all I saw a guy give his 5 yr old a bike and then expected him to wait to ride it. I like Jackson..and think it's awesome that he spends time with MJ....but I hope that doesn't backfire.

And it's good that Juanita isn't picking on MJ anymore and they are watching movies together
Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Great episode!

- Aw, Mike/Susan. You continue with the angst. Even though it was kinda sad, MJ's painting was pretty hilarious. I loved that he drew Mike as a little bug. I hate that Mike feels he isn't close with MJ and led Susan to do what she did. Loved when MJ stopped on the bike to fall. M/S's hopsital conversation was :sad: Now that Mike is living closer now.. wonder how things will turn out.

- Gaby/Carlos/famiy LOVE THEM. Its great that Gaby and Carlos finally got their alone time with blind sex Loved that Juanita caught them. "Please don't fight mommy, you're too big. You'll hurt her." And her teaching kids about sex was pretty classic.

- Bree/Orson: I felt so bad for the both of them. Orson with losing his job and having to lie to Bree about it and Bree with trying to maintain this facade of perfection when there's so much going on. I love that scene at the end - here's hoping everything stays okay.

- Dave Still creepy. Its so obvious he's after Mike.. but why. Mike always seem to be the constant target for some reason Him yelling at Edie was scary and the pills reassure the fact that he still has an anger problem. Can't wait to see what happens next with him.

Can't wait to see next week's episode. Flashbacks! And Catherine/Jackson?!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Best epsiode so far this season!

I was so happy with this episode and it turned out really good.

Bree/Orson: Gosh, darn it they are so much love. I felt bad for Orson through out the episode because I haven't felt that way in a while because he has been acting like a complete jerk with Bree up until now. Bree and him with work well together they might have to aguements but hey the making up is always the best with these two.

Bree/Lynette: Lovedddddd their scenes, me and my love for Brynette is back. I felt again bad for Lynette because she really wants to go back to work and Tom isn't being that cool about it, I hope she does because I want her to be happy in a place she always liked to be. The last Brynette scene was sweet I just love them.

Gablos: Hilarious, love Celia and Juanita in this episode. And how Carlos and Gabby explained that they were not "westling", hilarious definitly the lightest parts of this episode.

Susan: Aw, MJ is adorable but I felt bad for Mike. He should be the one to teach HIS son to ride a bike and not Jackson doing what should be Mike's job. Susan making MJ fall was not nice but she did what she had to do to spare Mike's feelings.

Edie: She needs to run, and run as fast as she can to get out of this really bad relationsh. Dave is just becoming more and more creepier with each episode.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Total Fan

It’s getting better and better this season!

M/S: Susan continues to be amusing. I love the scene where Susan’s talking to Mike on the phone, saying things like “MJ’s totally looking forward to your teaching him to ride…” and Bang! MJ’s riding right past the window. And I certainly fall for little MJ. Love the scene where he stops the bike for a few sec and falls. Hilarious! :mlao: Now that Mike’s moved back into WL, I hope something good would happen between he and Susan.

G/C: Finally! I get to see my old G/C! In this ep, they stop mourning the disfortune and try to make things happen by setting up some tricks. That’s so G/C! Love that!

B/O: Sad to see that things go wrong between Bree and Orson...They are so perfect for each other. Bree’s speech towards Lynette really touched my heart. Best wishes on her. *cross fingers*

Dave gives me the creep. I knew he was here for Mike. It seems that Mike always attracts badasses.

Can’t wait for the next episode!