Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah- ugh I still so upset that my external hard drive is busted by having it drop! I have important data on it that I still haven't gotten off of it and what's worse is the drive keeps on going on and off, it'll come back for a while then go off again. I'm such an idiot, I'm still so mad at myself even though there's nothing I can do about it now. The drive wasn't that bad before it had dropped I didn't actually drop it my cat did he was running under it and the cord dropped down & then so did the drive and I didn't catch in time and it slammed down hard onto something that it shouldn't have, but it was my fault because I had where I shouldn't have and before that drop it was fine for the most part, but now I can't even get it to come on I mean the way it's supposed to. The only good part is that my stuff is still on there it's just not coming up anymore as it should.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh noes have you taken it to a computer place - those computer geeks can do amazing work see if they can recover majority or what they can from it - transfer it from the damaged one to a new one

Both my long term relationships were to computer geeks very computer saavy those guys are
Old 07-29-2018, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah- well I would do that, but since I live in the country there's not any computer shops here that I know of that could recover the data off of it, so I'm out of luck I think although I have gotten some of my stuff back from a data recovery software, but not all of it unfortunately. I'm just waiting for the drive to come back onto my computer again which it has every once & a while, but definitely not like it was a few months ago. Right now it's just showing it as Local Disk G which isn't what it's supposed to be and I don't want to format because then I'd loose everything.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh right forgot you're in the country
Old 07-29-2018, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah- yeah it sucks! because trust me if there were computer shops around here I'd definitely be taking my hard drive to it to get my data back. This hard drive is very old like by 6/7 years so it's lasted me quite a while considering and it's not dead yet god forbid so I'm hoping I can get all of my data off if it somehow before it goes dead. I just really wish I hadn't put it where I shouldn't have I would have thought it out before especially because my cat is now an inside so I should have known better then I'd have my stuff still because I was planning on getting a new hard drive in the next couple of weeks before the hard drive dropped to put all of the stuff onto another new drive, but it dropped before I got the chance too. So now I have to wait for the drive to computer back up my computer because right now it's not. I learned my lesson too late.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is quite awhile 6-7 years is great

I have a similiar with dropping my laptop back few months ago where it was more workable than it is now I'm still managing to work with it as long as the video doesn't go out cause actually have to use a tv boxset to keep my screen upright
Old 07-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is quite awhile 6-7 years is great

I have a similiar with dropping my laptop back few months ago where it was more workable than it is now I'm still managing to work with it as long as the video doesn't go out cause actually have to use a tv boxset to keep my screen upright
Old 07-29-2018, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah- ah well that sucks! sorry about your computer. I can't believe I was that stupid with a cat running around you'd think I'd know better. I can't do anything about it now and at least my stuff is safe for now and at least I have some of it off the drive, I just hate waiting for it to work right again to get my other stuff of it because I don't know when that will be.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hear you about but mine's 10 years old with limited space, so he's not as active

Think gonna call it a night
Old 07-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah - Mine's 6 years old, but he's still a bit active especially since he can't go outside anymore I don't let him since he got hurt back in summer 2016 and he does well for the most part. He tends to play in the house more.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Little past the mark but just noticed

http://www.fanforum.com/f20/caf%C3%A...chat-63211380/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread