Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2016, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Does your country do anything to celebrate its independence day, Lindsay?

We have a hummingbird feeder and its very popular! I've gotten some wonderful pictures with them at the feeder, although it's tough to capture as they move so fast. You have to set it at the highest speed setting and low aperture to get a decent picture.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Leanne - wow, that hummingbird story sounds really great I've held little birds for research purposed (I'm a biologist), but just to save the little thing... that's just great

Lindsay - SPF 110?! OK, I think the sun in northwestern Europe is just never bright enough to need that kind of SPF, and that's probably why they don't sell it here Even if I google the Dutch terms, I don't get much (yeah, well, lots of 110 ml bottles ), unless you count aliexpress.com hits
Old 08-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mascha, Brett and Elizabeth are scheduled to be at the Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days in October!!! So will Millie Bobby Brown (from Stranger Things)...and Karl Urban, Chris!!! Plus, Matthew Lewis!!!!!! I want Ming Na-Wen to be there though (and Grant Gustin...Stephen Amell...Melissa Benoist...Allison Mack...Caity Lotz...Jensen Ackles...Chris Evans...Chris Hemsworth...okay, I won't be so greedy).

Our quizzes are due every Friday for this class. Why can't it be due Sundays? That means I'll have to do a bit of studying each night and take the quizzes Thursday evenings because I'd be too paranoid to take it on the day it is due. The modules are open every Saturday but there is too much to read over just 2 days [the weekends].
Old 08-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, good luck with graduate school.

Jenna, not much. Some formal ceremonies held by the government but we don't have work on that day of course. But it's good to take a day off work just to do nothing.

Mascha, yeah I think it depends on the country. Since I live in the tropics, we get more sun here during the summer. It's also hot and humid all the time when it's not raining so SPF is always needed.

Nephew is still sick. Temp went as high as 39.6 so my sister is worried. She's back home now so I'm back at work (and at my place). I think it's the virus and our weird weather here. During typhoon season, a lot of the people here get sick (but of course).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

So now I have a choice of either going HP-themed, AoS-themed, or Star Trek-themed. Let the indecisiveness begin. Maybe a different theme each day as the convention is over 3 days.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Awesome, Cece! So you're definitely going to that con?

ETA: I got a job Starting next Tuesday, I'll be a rail caterer around my city, selling coffee and other goods on the train, for ca. 12 hours per week.

Last edited by Mazza d'Evill; 08-30-2016 at 04:03 AM
Old 08-30-2016, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

^ Congratulations, sweetheart! That's a nice little job for you.. Black coffee, one sugar for me please great way to meet new people also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Nephew is still sick. Temp went as high as 39.6 so my sister is worried. She's back home now so I'm back at work (and at my place). I think it's the virus and our weird weather here. During typhoon season, a lot of the people here get sick (but of course).
Oh no I hope he is better soon. It could be the weather. On a positive note, being sick relieves pressure and gets toxins out of the system which sometimes is needed so I wouldn't worry. I know it's worrying when a child has it because you think fever and sickness indicates something serious but it is common with the weather

Leanne, that's great about the Hummingbird. You must post some photos of it sometime

I've just been on my motorbike again went to pick up a charm for my sister's bracelet.
I'm baking some cakes today for a charity fundraiser event they are having for patients who have cancer so I've decided to make a cherry cake, Coffee and Wulnut cake, Almond, banana and blueberry cheesecake and I might do some cupcakes for the children cos every child loves a cupcake. I might do some Salted Caramel cupcake and put some frosted butterflies on them for the girly effect.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-30-2016, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Vicki! If I'll ever be on the train to England (which I will not but according to my first month of working schedule, I'll often be on the train to Antwerp, which is Belgium, so that's kinda funny ), I'll deliver you a black coffee with sugar, promised
And you're getting another 5 coffees for free for all that awesome cake-work for that fundraiser That's just great.

Lindsay, pffff, hope your nephew will get better soon! Not much can be done about viruses. They're evil! 39,6°C isn't TOO worrisome yet, especially in a child. It's a common temperature for flu-like viruses.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congrats on the new job Mascha!

Good luck with all your baking Vicki.

Cece - having a different costume for each day would be a lot of work! But you could probably use the costumes to entertain your students.

Lindsay - how is your nephew today?

Jenna, Millie
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm cranky cause I was craving chicken nuggets today and this happened

What I ordered:
Box of nuggets
2 dipping sauces
Coffee

What I got
Box of nuggets
No dipping sauces
Small fries
A straw ? (For coffee?)

And my receipt said my order, not what they put in and left out. Did I mention I have low frustration tolerance? So I wasn't a happy camper when I got home and discovered this and my meal was bland thanks to their incompetence.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Leanne - I'd call and report it to a manager. While it won't help with this meal, they might give you something towards a future purchase.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, that is totally off. Did they charge you for what you ordered, or did what you get add up to be about the same price as your actual order? That's crazy!

Congrats Mascha!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cece, no that's what's annoying to me. My receipt said only what I ordered, so they give me fries but it wasn't charged to me. it's like they couldn't conceive someone would order nuggets and coffee without a side order of fries! I didn't want fries but I was most annoyed that they didn't include my dips for the nuggets, nothing like eating flavourless food, basically! anyway, I just had to vent about it, then I just distracted myself and got over it

I think I might just stick to ordering my basic coffee order from now on.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Leanne that's why I always check to see if they gave me my order right and always ask for extra sauce. I honestly would have gone back and made them give me my proper order. You handled it a lot more calmly than I would have

Cece that con sounds like so much fun! Good luck with all of that studying

Mascha congrats on the new job!

Vicki that sounds delicious

Lindsay I hope your nephew is doing better
Old 08-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Dropping by to say hello.

Audrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread