Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yes, Halloween has become very commercialized. I read somewhere that it has 2nd highest sales for decorations after Christmas.

Overall I like it here, yes. Winters can be harsh, because we get a lot of blowing and drifting snow. It's beautiful the rest of the year though.

WestJet tends to have lower fares than Air Canada, and nicely shows fare prices for various days in the week. Also, if you can fly out of a smaller city than Toronto, like Hamilton or Kitchener, it may be cheaper. Canadians close to the border wanting to go somewhere in the US, often drive across and fly from there. Buffalo or Detroit are convenient alternatives to Toronto.

What part of England are you in?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Nice to see you, Lindsay!

I was dressing up as a mixture of Bloody Mary, harlequin and zombie. My friend and me made our costumes ourselves and it actually took us ages to get ready, but I mean .. Halloween is only once a year, so .. why not?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

^ Hey, nice to meet you Did you go to a party?

Chris, you guys are well prepared for the snow. We, as a nation, don't get prepared for it. Panic stations when we have the slightest bit of snow, a little pathetic maybe
Yes, would be nice to visit the smaller cities. Maybe take a train from Toronto to Vancouver although it would probably take 3 days to get there lol.
Ah, Buffalo, famous chicken wings there Do you enjoy a lot of nature walks where you live?

I live in a city called Birmingham. I am originally from Stratford, where William Shakespeare was born

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 11-02-2014 at 01:00 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh, DST. I'm always confused about turning the clock back since we don't do that ever.

Vicki, she's too old and frail to go anywhere so she's just at home most of the time and the relatives all come over to celebrate. She can still talk and recognize people but she's hard of hearing. What other cities are near Birmingham? Are you near London?

Nadine, I love your costume, Bloody Mary!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Still, as long as her family are around your gran then that's all what matters

London is a 3 hour drive from where I live. Live close to Wales. Manchester is near to me. Also Liverpool, home of The Beatles
Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelx (View Post)
Maybe take a train from Toronto to Vancouver although it would probably take 3 days to get there lol.
Yeah, and train tracks tend to go through the old, industrialized parts of towns along the way so the first part of the journey wouldn't be very scenic. I'd suggest flying out to Calgary, Alberta and taking the train from there. Or if you're up to driving, fly to Edmonton, drive to Jasper, Banff, then cross to BC. Absolutely gorgeous scenery.

Quote:
Stratford, where William Shakespeare was born
These days Stratford makes me think of the notorious Justin Bieber.

Lindsay - yeah, the time change takes a bit of getting used to even if it is only an hour.

Nadine.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ Hey, nice to meet you Did you go to a party?
Yes, I went to our local Halloween ball, but this is not the outfit I was wearing when I went there. The day I went to the ball I was dressed quite normally. The Bloody Mary costume was just for fun, and I couldn't bear watching everyone getting dressed up, while I was the boring one.

So, well, it was fun.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

hi all! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!
Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsey. I had a great day, how about you?

Went shopping, then had lunch with a friend. Came home and had to rake leaves since the maple tree dropped a load of them last night.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Good to hear Chris!
My day has been pretty good. Just busy at work and the night is not over yet.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Still, as long as her family are around your gran then that's all what matters

London is a 3 hour drive from where I live. Live close to Wales. Manchester is near to me. Also Liverpool, home of The Beatles
Awww, that's true. Gah, I want to visit there mostly for the Harry Potter stuff. Are you near Scotland though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Lindsay - yeah, the time change takes a bit of getting used to even if it is only an hour.
With DST, from 12 I'm now 13 hours ahead EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unspokenღwords (View Post)
hi all! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!
How are you my 'sort of' name twin? Long time no talk!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I hope everybody is having a good Monday.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Yeah, and train tracks tend to go through the old, industrialized parts of towns along the way so the first part of the journey wouldn't be very scenic. I'd suggest flying out to Calgary, Alberta and taking the train from there. Or if you're up to driving, fly to Edmonton, drive to Jasper, Banff, then cross to BC. Absolutely gorgeous scenery.

These days Stratford makes me think of the notorious Justin Bieber. .
Driving would be nice. Just not driving in the snow
There are some beautifully underrated places in Canada, that oozes beautiful nature. I also enjoyed Wendy's burgers
Notorious is a appropriate word for him, indeed. I have noticed that you guys have stolen our English town names Including Halifax and London... Quite fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess. (View Post)
Yes, I went to our local Halloween ball, but this is not the outfit I was wearing when I went there. The day I went to the ball I was dressed quite normally. The Bloody Mary costume was just for fun, and I couldn't bear watching everyone getting dressed up, while I was the boring one.

So, well, it was fun.
Oh nice! Who was wearing the best Halloween costume there? Did they just wear the costumes or put on the fake white make up/fake blood too?
My younger sister went to a party, called me at 2am to pick her up. Cos I'm a taxi can service to her sometimes. Still, she had fun, so I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Gah, I want to visit there mostly for the Harry Potter stuff. Are you near Scotland though?
Yes, you'd love it. They take you to sites that were actually used in the films especially Hogwarts It's beautiful to see the old buildings. I hear from a friend who went on the Harry Potter tour that they do a HP trivia quiz while there too!
No, chick, I'm nowhere near Scotland hehe, just in Central England.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
I have noticed that you guys have stolen our English town names Including Halifax and London... Quite fascinating.
Yes, the original settlers wanted something to remind them of home. I was born in London. Ontario that is. And yes, it's on the Thames river.

Can't say I'm a fan of Wendy's. Don't tell my co mod at Star Trek that I said that. I prefer Harvey's burgers.

It's good you don't mind giving your sis a ride. It's much better to have a safe, sober ride home.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's endearing!
I don't think the Americans have a good excuse for it, haha.
It was actually a mistake me eating a burger from there. Shocking. I went to this sports bar and drank so much then we crashed out at Wendy's and I was so drunk I didn't realise what I was eating but it was nice. Never again though seen as I am vegetarian. And no, I won't tell, hush hush about that
What do you do for a living, Chris, may I ask?
Yes, better to be safe than sorry. Plus, England isn't the safest place at night. I just wish that she would understand that I work all day, but no she calls me at a ridiculous hour to pick her up because she knows that I will never say no to her. If I did say no, then she gets hurt,
I would never forgive myself.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week. Roll on the weekend!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread