Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have to agree with Lindsay with all those

Chris, I didn’t t put rat traps out. We have to be careful of our dog and the neighbourhood cats around here. So far, it was only that dead one.

I bet it’s crazy cause your about to go on vacation, Lindsay!

I have two and a half weeks til spring break... even tho it’s been below zero Celsius temperatures almost all this month and still going
Old 02-28-2019, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow, still cold and snowing there in Canada huh? It's officially summer over here. 3 months of hell.

I love that month end is over and it's Friday. I'm also on vacation mode already. I'm excited especially since this is the 1st time I'm going to this place.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah and this is unlikely for this area in BC too. It’s kinda ridiculous cause in the last, our winters are known for being “mild” which means cool and rainy but not below freezing so much!

I’m so glad you’re looking forward to the vacation destination, Lindsay! Trip anticipation is always a big part of the fun of going on vacation, I find!

Do you prefer resort type vacations or exploring cities type of trips?
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Moderator Manager

That's a good question. It depends on my mood though. Like for this year, I wanted to try something new or go somewhere I've never been before. Otherwise, I do prefer the beach which is always relaxing for me. International trips are always a preference for me because I like to immerse myself in the culture and explore everything.

Winters there are mild? I've always thought Canada gets a lot of snow every year. It's really cold up there so when you all say cold, over here we're all probably suffering from hypothermia if we get your cold winters since we're not used to weather like that.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:10 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Trip anticipation is always a big part of the fun of going on vacation, I find!
I agree. Researching and planning helps make a successful vacation. Knowing what you want to do, and when you can do it so you can use your time efficiently.

As to snowy winters in Canada, I think Leanne's area is the exception rather than the norm.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, in fact they said this February has been the coldest in BC on record! So there ya go

Did I say it’s only two more weeks til spring break?

Have a great time off, Lindsay!

I hope everyone had a great weekend it ends so quickly and it’s back to the work week.... even though my Monday’s and Tuesdays work location is one of my favourites so I never dread going back to work really!
Old 03-05-2019, 06:54 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's nice that you get to start the week at your favourite location

My main computer is being rather temperamental I think I'm going computer shopping today. I've got a little netbook for travel, so I can still get online I just hate the smaller keyboard.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds kind of exciting to get a new up to date computer! The only thing is getting the back up computer info onto your new computer! Do you have back up hard drives?

Ack, its a week and a half before Spring Break and its snowing again right now when they said it may snow overnight... nope, its 3 pm and I still have to drive home from work!

Other than that, I've been having a pretty good time lately!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I took the computer into the shop and they think they can fix it for me. I have back ups of the important things, but I'm sure that there's some things I missed
Old 03-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope it’s all resolved. I haven’t turned on my big computer in a year. Yikes, thinking of all the updates I need to do on it but I’ll probably need to so I can work on taxes!

Having a good Saturday today! This is the last weekend and week before my two week break.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yeah, I'm glad it happened before I started the taxes. Supposed to get it back Monday

do you have plans for March break?
Old 03-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Back at work means back stressing out at all the things I have to catch up on. Although everyone's really nice and kind and being weird and is telling me not to rush things as usually when I'm back, everyone's like "This is a rush request!" I wonder what's wrong?

Also the place I went to was so remote that I missed eating fast food, traffic and seeing a crowd. It's great to be back in the city but I definitely don't miss the atmosphere where everyone doesn't give a damn compared to the province where everyone is so friendly and nice.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh the joy of back work after a relaxing vacation. That week seemed to go by fast, Lindsay!

Glad you had a good time!

Chris do you get spring break off too?

I have one week to plan what to do... if I ever find my $100 bill I want to use it to splurge at a big bookstore for the break and I want to go to a tourist place where they have many many types of coffee they roast and grind for you and I want luxury coffee while on my break that’s a start, right?

Hope if you guys went through the time hour ahead things you don’t feel too off pace!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - sounds like you had a relaxing vacation I definitely wouldn't miss the traffic or crowds, but fast food is always a treat when vacationing. Would you go there again, or will it be back to the beach next year?

Leanne - I'm retired. This week is March break for the schools here. And yeah, treating yourself is a nice way to enjoy your staycation

Hubby mentioned doing a bit of a road trip down to the States the first part of April I'm looking into some options for that possibility

When resetting the kitchen clock yesterday, apparently I put on the alarm. Took a while to figure out where the beeping was coming from at 6:15 am
Old 03-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, for some reason, I was combining you with Carol from Off Topic with jobs

that's nice you are retired!! That feels like I'll never see that day come for me!

I love food on vacation! My last trip to Hawaii, I discovered how delicious "poke bowls" are. Its like sushi deconstructed!

Seems Daylight Savings does alot of annoying things. At work we had the bell go off at 9:30 am cause the computer thought it was 8:45 am this morning