Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2021, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is SAM 🫀 @goodsamcbs is coming, January 5th on CBS.

I am so excited for you all to meet her. This just might be the most fun I’ve EVER had making something.

#GoodSamCBS
#GoodSam #GoodSamaritan #MedicalDrama #Medical #Cardiothoracic #SophiaBush #JasonIsaacs #Detroit #Toronto #premiere
Old 12-16-2021, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Rest in Power, bell hooks.

On this day that marks the passing of an icon — a luminary and a leader — I’d like to share some of the words written by friend (and icon in her own right) Dream Hampton, for @time. And I will say my prayers of thanks for all that we’ve learned by reading ms. hooks’ words.

From Dream: “bell hooks was a radical feminist, a scholar and author who spent the ‘90s publishing about a book a year. She was a poet, a mentor, a professor and an icon whose influence is immeasurable. When I was 19 and began talking back to hip-hop in my own essays and articles, I’d cite her again and again. I fought to have my name published in lowercase letters like hers. I wanted to be incisive and battle-ready when I wrote.

Like a lot of young Black women I knew, I thought of myself as part of her army. Daughters of her thought, ready to integrate her text and thinking into our public and personal lives. Her seminal Ain’t I A Woman was a field guide toward a liberation that not only considered gender but centered it. Like the Black feminist scholars who’d informed her, giants like Audre Lorde, bell was producing work that provided tools. She refused to take on white supremacy without interrogating patriarchy. She went deep and wide with rigor and wit. She made bulletproof arguments that pushed us past rhetoric and toward real freedom … She was unafraid to burn it all down. To begin again.”

Perhaps because, as bell hooks wrote, “we still believe in love’s promise.”

Because if we believe in all that love promises — all that it shows us we can be and claim and love? Shouldn’t we risk it all? Fight to the end. For that? For love.

When your love, and its ideas, leaves ripples in the universe so big that they’re seismic? You’ve changed generations. What a life.

RIP, bh 🕊
Old 12-18-2021, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The holidays are officially here! 🎁🥃 #ad There are so many things I’m excited about doing over this holiday break. At the top of my list? Celebrating with friends and family, and toasting with this gooooorgeous new bottle of @johnniewalkerus High Rye Blended Scotch Whisky.

This delicious new offering is a perfect gift for the whisky-lover on your list! It’s ideal for mixing up a classic cocktail with friends. Might I suggest a Manhattan?? For my aficionados out there, you’ll likely notice some familiar Johnnie Walker Black Label tasting notes. I’ve been enjoying the creamy toffee and sweet vanilla notes that mingle perfectly with the spiciness of the rye whisky. Try it out. Let me know what you think. And feel share your favorite recipes with me so I can try those too! Cheers and happy holidays!

My gift to you? A perfect Manhattan recipe. I’m toasting you from here:

* 1.5 ounces of Johnnie Walker High Rye Blended Scotch Whisky
* .75 ounce of sweet vermouth (depending on your preference)
* 2 dashes of aromatic bitters
* 1 dash of orange bitters
* Pour ingredients into a glass with ice and stir until chilled. Strain into your glass, garnish with a brandied cherry and enjoy!
Old 12-26-2021, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I spent four days making 76 🍄🎄🎁 ornaments and then my husband-to-be surprised me with carved wooden mushrooms and honestly my dreams of disappearing in a garden to grow vitamin-D laden snacks / running a craft-Tok (because nothing else on the internet sparks this much joy) are all coming true. Happy Christmas friends, and to all celebrating!

And if you aren’t celebrating or this day is hard for you, I see you. I wish I could send you a papier-mâché wilderness baby for your mantle, but since I can’t I’ll just send you some love and an extra hug. ♥️
Old 12-28-2021, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the latest.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem
Old 12-31-2021, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ubuntu, he taught so many of us.
Rest In Power @desmondtutu.
I will never forget this day.
Witnessing you and your wife renew your vows.
Listening to you speak on love.
Affirming all you’ve said to the world; that we need each other to be human.
Thank you. We’ll miss you. We were — each of us who knew you and who didn’t, who witnessed you up close or from afar, in your writing and teaching and words — so lucky to have you.
You showed us the way.
To grieve as the year turns over feels even more immense somehow…
I don’t have many words.
But.
I hope we make you proud.

#WeAreMadeForLove #DesmondTutu
Old 01-07-2022, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks!
Old 01-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem
Old 01-12-2022, 04:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Awwww
Old 01-13-2022, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cute photo
Old 01-15-2022, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-17-2022, 07:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the link
Old 01-18-2022, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem
Old 01-21-2022, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Tonight’s episode of @goodsamcbs was directed by the inimitable @hereisgina. Her poise, grace, HUMOR lemme tell you about it! Sensitivity. Intuition. Creativity. Phew. This woman is a force. And this friend is a gift. Her mind is always working, she is always growing, her soul is always expanding. And she envelops everyone she comes into contact with in pure love, and supreme excellence. You’ll see it on screen tonight!! And SWIPE for some onscreen tension (slide 5) vs real life shenanigans (slides 6 and 7) — we have fun! — and some surgery BTS (slide 9) but only if you’re not squeamish! Let’s gooooo #GoodSamFam! See you tonight at 10pm on @cbstv ♥️
Closed Thread   Post New Thread