Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

I don't hold babies. If family members have them, I just look and nod and force a smile, and go "oh, that's nice." and then leave. I'm *awful*!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like to hold newborn babies either.. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't like to because they're so small.. But I do, just because I don't want people to make a big deal out of it [esp. if you make a fuss about not wanting to hold one.. perhaps my family is just mean that way. <{constantly badgering you to do something, and if you don't..but finally do, they make a big deal out of it..does that make sense?} ]

And Lara, gosh no.. Johnny Depp or no Johnny Depp..I aint watching no scary movie..
Old 04-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Well ... if I was told to, I might But I certainly wouldn't offer, and if I was asked if I wanted to hold it, I'd politely say no thanks! The area manager at work is currently on maternity leave and she was sitting in one of the vacant rooms near reception chatting with the staff at the end of the day last week, with her baby, and Sue (my boss) said "Go and see Jen! Babies!" I said no, so Sue said she'd protect me from the babies (there was someone else I don't know there too) but I was scared they'd make me hold her so since it was the end of the day, I left
Old 04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'd probably do the same.. I wonder how you'll be when you have a baby.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I'm not having any My friend Jen likes babies but not toddlers so she's going to have it til it's one and then it's my turn!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's what my friend's like. She wants to have children, only she wants them after all the hard work is over. She asked me when I thought I'd see myself with a child, and I was stumped and blurted out 26! Immediately after I thought to myself 26 was too old, but then realised that's only 6 years from now. Hmm. Scary scary.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I like that my brother calls me "My Rachael"

And Thomas said "Okay. Ask me when I'm ten." Dad was like "....I think I'll be asking before then." "Okay. Ask me when I'm seven."

Awww. A Gollum-like term of endearment! Too adorable!

Haha! Gotta love their concept of time passage. He's obviously not too keen on the football like his sister, eh? I like the Sonic 3'd story too. We used to have Sonic games on our old Sega. They were 2D though (or should that be 2'd? ).

Thanks for the well wishes for kitty, Lara. They're the cuddliest little creatures on the planet, aren't they? They're so warm too. I huggle Georgie for warmth in Winter and love when she sleeps on my lap. She's like an electric blanket!

Well, this is the first Saturday I've been hom in a long time! I have to finish a research proposal and chapter review before Monday and I haven't even finished the reading. Must hope to it and attempt to stay off the computer as of now. Have a good weekend everyone!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 04-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gosh, I hope you get your assignments done Kat! My sympathies, my studies are nothing compared to yours. I think I'd die if I had to write a paper of any sort. *shudder*

Kat: Hehe, I had another dream in which you made an appearance! I came home from somewhere and you were at my house with an acquaintance with whom relationship ties had been severed years ago. Yall were linking arms and traipsing around my house like it was yours. I felt betrayed Kat, BETRAYED!
Old 04-16-2005, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Eves! You've had your fair share of stress and overload so it's not like you can't empathise. I think I may die writing this dissertation actually! I've barely started the damn thing and it's killing me - slowly and oh so painfully. But that's nothing new. You think I'd be used ot my near death experiences with literary writing!

Muahah! That's your most bizarre dream yet! I have a full on visual of the trapesing and arm linking. What did the past acquaintance look like? I'm sorry for unknowingly trespassing and betraying you ...and sleeping in your bed (it's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears! ).

Night Eves! Good luck with your workload too.

icon by *Evie
Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Haha! Gotta love their concept of time passage. He's obviously not too keen on the football like his sister, eh? I like the Sonic 3'd story too. We used to have Sonic games on our old Sega. They were 2D though (or should that be 2'd? ).
His X-Box sonic collection has millions of sonic games! He was playing Sonic Spinball or some such, and wouldn't let me play regular ol' Sonic The Hedgehog! Meanie! Finally got it away from him when he went in the bath, then I got bored and started playing the Simpsons Hit and Run instead

And as for football ... nope, nothing like his sister! He knows to shout "GOOOOOOOOOOOAL!" when we tell him to, though! Our game was on TV yesterday, kicked off at noon, met some of Dad's friends in the pub and didn't get home til almost midnight! I had seven pints of coke in four hours in the afternoon, during our game, and then our ultimate rivals played after so we laughed at them losing the biggest game of their season, too! Went out for a meal with them and then for more drinks - they'd been on beer all afternoon, so watching them was hilarious by this point!! I did move on to wine/vokda lime & lemonade's after we'd eaten, but I only had a few drinks, they were knocking them back at an incredible speed! Ahh, I love Dad's friends. They make me laugh And Dave called me the perfect woman again!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Muahah! That's your most bizarre dream yet! I have a full on visual of the trapesing and arm linking. What did the past acquaintance look like? I'm sorry for unknowingly trespassing and betraying you ...and sleeping in your bed (it's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears! ).

Night Eves! Good luck with your workload too.
I know right..I wonder why you always pop up in my dreams, it's pretty weird..
Brown hair, brown eyes! [that could describe me! Or Brooke Fraser! Or AK! Or Delta! No wait.. Har harrr! but no.] lmao, I'm trying to think of distinguishing features to ward you away from him but I can't.. who cares, you betrayed me anyway!

I haven't done much for any of my classes this weekend, I'm spacing everything out so I don't get stressed [which sounds dumb & probably the opposite of what I'm saying but], it works.

Anywho, am very happy now as I've finally finished organising all my computer folders, but I'm sitting in a room that smells like oranges.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
I haven't done much for any of my classes this weekend, I'm spacing everything out so I don't get stressed [which sounds dumb & probably the opposite of what I'm saying but], it works.

Anywho, am very happy now as I've finally finished organising all my computer folders, but I'm sitting in a room that smells like oranges.
Displacement activity! Wheeee, I've spent all weekend not doing Uni work I have an essay due in on Wednesday, which I've started (I should get it finished tonight, in theory) but my football team got promoted on Saturday, the thing the whole season has been about, so I took a weekend long work break to celebrate!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
He was playing Sonic Spinball or some such, and wouldn't let me play regular ol' Sonic The Hedgehog! Meanie! Finally got it away from him when he went in the bath, then I got bored and started playing the Simpsons Hit and Run instead

And as for football ... nope, nothing like his sister! He knows to shout "GOOOOOOOOOOOAL!" when we tell him to, though!
I like your style - stealing it from his when he's not looking. Is Simpsons Hit and Run 2D or 3D? I don't think I've ever played a Simpsons game. But I remember seeing ads for the the first one that came out on Nintendo. Homer and all his catch phrases. I wanted to play it so I could strangle Bart. It looked so cool. Dare I say, cooler than Sonic!

I used to follow Dad's lead when cheering for the footy when I was not yet old enough to understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
I know right..I wonder why you always pop up in my dreams, it's pretty weird..
Brown hair, brown eyes! [that could describe me! Or Brooke Fraser! Or AK! Or Delta! No wait.. Har harrr! but no.] lmao, I'm trying to think of distinguishing features to ward you away from him but I can't.. who cares, you betrayed me anyway!

I guess I'm just always lurking in your subconscious and there's no getting rid of me!

So you're saying it was a him, or a her, 'cause now I'm confused. Not that it makes the betrayal any easier on you, I know. But if it was a he, I might have gotten lucky with some brown-eyed, brunette John lookalike...in your bed. Sorry! I'm curbing my overactive imagination as of now.

That makes three of us (including Rach) then. I decided to take the weekend off, knowing it would be a social one and then ANZAC Day today. I have shoite load of reading to get through within the week which I should have made a start on last week. I got through the previous week's stress attack and decided to take it easy this week. Now I have all these little errands to run over the next few days and that, on top of my usual procrastination, will leave very little time for productivity. Your study plan sounds like a wise one, Eves. I'm gonna be so in over my head, come October if I keep squishing everything into a few days when I have weeks to do them. It seems that when it comes to the crunch, I know I can get away with sacrificing sleep and my sanity to pull it off, so I do.

Well done on organising your computer files! I'm afraid mine are beyond repair. I organise my bedoom, my books, my music collection and pretty much everything else in my life, yet my computer files are a mess - they're all squished into one main one with my name on it I was contemplating changing that, but then Dad reckons he might be buying new laptops for home and the business in October. I'll have to transfer everything over, so I think I'll wait till then.

icon by *Evie
Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like your style - stealing it from his when he's not looking. Is Simpsons Hit and Run 2D or 3D? I don't think I've ever played a Simpsons game. But I remember seeing ads for the the first one that came out on Nintendo. Homer and all his catch phrases. I wanted to play it so I could strangle Bart. It looked so cool. Dare I say, cooler than Sonic!
I can hardly remember now! I think it was 2D. It was cool, you get to drive around and do all these challenges, and the more things you drive into, the more points you get And if you bash the car up completely it catches fire
Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I guess I'm just always lurking in your subconscious and there's no getting rid of me!

So you're saying it was a him, or a her, 'cause now I'm confused. Not that it makes the betrayal any easier on you, I know. But if it was a he, I might have gotten lucky with some brown-eyed, brunette John lookalike...in your bed. Sorry! I'm curbing my overactive imagination as of now.

That makes three of us (including Rach) then. I decided to take the weekend off, knowing it would be a social one and then ANZAC Day today. I have shoite load of reading to get through within the week which I should have made a start on last week. I got through the previous week's stress attack and decided to take it easy this week. Now I have all these little errands to run over the next few days and that, on top of my usual procrastination, will leave very little time for productivity.

Well done on organising your computer files!
I think you might be right.. In the past few days I've heard New Deep & Clarity on the radio & instantly thought of you both times. Argh, get out of my head!

He was a he but that's okay, you can have him!

Now that that week's passed, have you done everything you planned to?

Yeah, and then I snagged about 14, 000 icons yesterday and they all saved to my desktop..I moved them all to their folder afterwards & proceeded to move assignment folders at the same time, turn them into alias files and then delete [&trash] them & the originals! wooo! :/ it's okay though, I think I'll manage without them.