Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Kat: I know, isn't it sick? I missed out on the Amazing Race. My mum said she wanted to wait up, and was going to wake me up to watch it, but she piked out as well.

I have uploaded Ready For Love in case you couldn't find it:

Isn't it just the perfect Brooke cover song?
Eves - It's sick alright! 'Cause sick's what I have to be before my head hits the pillow that early. Ha! Your Mum conked out too. Aww. You guys are so alike!

Thanks for uploading that! My d/l's been queued for what seems like forever! The song's gorgeous and it's perfect vocally, instrumetally and lyrically. I could certainly see Brooke covering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy.
I went for a walk this morning and it felt great. Fair enough I stopped by JB HiFI and got some DVD's before I went into the office, but it was exercise none the less. If I wasn't up in a high rise building I would take the stairs to my office I too admire people for their willpower. I love my junkfood and I've got no willpower what so ever.

Love it, lazy/wimpy exerciser, that's me too

Aw thanks Kat When I was younger, people would stop Mum and ask where my redhair came from I like family history, I find it interesting And having redhair does make me feel special, as its nice and somewhat good for the ego to get stopped in the streets by strangers to say that they like your hair

Yeah my bank visit, went really well. I tend to worry to much about things and thought I was in a bit of a pickle. But its ok now, I've got money where it should be Oh good luck with your bank, hope they give you your $10 back Its stupid how the banks keep charging for all the little things.

I saw Javie post on the OT Board, must go and see if she's left any posts about her trip.
Bel - Tehee! DVDs are always a good incentive for anything - including exercise. I love my junk food too. It's probably the one thing over which I have the least willpower. Next to exercise! And yay for us being lazy wimpy exercisers together!

Just like my friend! Me too. If I switch on one of those documentaries about family history, I can't stop watching. It's fascinating - whether it be your own or others. Aww. That's sweet. Yeah, we need ot keep our egos nice and healthy. Compliments just make my day sometimes. Especially ones about physical features - 'cause I feel like I spend so much time being self conscious about them!

Good to hear you got things sorted. Unfortunately I have to wait until next week to get my new student ID processed. So that means waiting till then to get my money back. It's okay as long as I keep all my statements though. I'll get it back eventually. You're so right about bank charges. They sure mount up. I'm not looking forward to paying those when I no longer have my student benefits.

I'm so glad Tan's back. She's been posting about it on Oz Fun (which reminds me, I still have posts to respond to over there!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint1
I see. I think I missed an episode. Ok, I missed several episodes. To be honest, I didn't know who he was before he started dating Delta. The first (and only) image I had of him was actually that of the gorgeous guy near Delta. I didn't know he had a reputation before. But I've heard an English journalist say that Brian Mc Fadden had a reputation too( let alone his separation from Kery Katona.)
No worries, Soraya. I was only familiar with him beforehand because he's from Melbourne and well known in the tennis circuit. It's easy to have construed him the way you did because that was certainly the impression he gave off once he and Delta started dating. Everyone saw it as a sign of Delta's positive influence over him and vice versa. Yes, I get that impression about Brian too. He just doesn't seem altogether trustworthy, and very like Mark in so many respects. Like Mark, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but if he disappoints Delta, he'll be disappointing all of us too. I'm not waiting for it to happen, but I don't discount the possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroft01
Kat and Evie Can I come on your Canada/US trip? I can show you around Vancouver! And we must go to Cali and Nevada! Hee I have so many "must go" destinations!

Kat You are closer to Perth then I am! When I go to Australia we will have to go together cause I am SO going there when I visit you lovely country (I already know I am going to like it there! )

Thanks Kat I am sorry for disapearing again my bad. How are you?

I am glad you are getting the stuff I send ya! I am always a little worried that since it has an ocean to cross that it is going to get lost but looks like I have nothing to worry about! It's my pleasure to write them! Don't worry about the PMs and such I konw you are on vacation and having fun until you have to go back to school!

Yeah it is, I would love to see that - a summery X-mas! we never get anything but images of a white christmas so it would be a major shock!

You mean the Gerry one right? Isn't it great? Now that we can 100x100 I will get a new Gerry one sometime in the future, for now I will keep this one, people have been telling me they love it!
Of course, Lara! You'd be the perfect Canadian/US tourguide. That's a great idea about visiting Perth. I'd love to do that.

I'm very well thanks, hun. Hope you are too! No need to apologise for your absence from here. We love having you pop in just when you can. I owe you a huge apology for not having responded to your last few PMs. I've been out so much this week and a lot of last so I figured I'd wait for things to die down before I got back to you about the phone thing. You're too understanding about me and my holidays. I appreciate that. I'm in my final week, so I'll respond properly tomorrow and let you know my schedule for next week. I'll have a very clear idea of when I'm home and when I'm not.

I've gotten all of it. Including the last postcard you sent me a few weeks ago. Thankyou!

Hehe. I'm always amused whenever I encounter an American or Canadian who's perplexed by the concept of a Summer Christmas. So many people are genuinely puzzled at how it works, or dubious about whether it's really true.

Yep, I meant the Gerry av, and I'm glad to hear you have plans for another one eventually! The 100x100 size limit is wonderful. Although, it takes me a lot longer to create new biggies than it did 45x45s. Ha! Yes, I've noticed you're rather fond of your Bush-eats-brains icon. When you receive compliments on an icon it's hard to part with it, I know.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 02-22-2005 at 09:57 AM
Old 02-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Bel - Tehee! DVDs are always a good incentive for anything - including exercise. I love my junk food too. It's probably the one thing over which I have the least willpower. Next to exercise! And yay for us being lazy wimpy exercisers together!

Just like my friend! Me too. If I switch on one of those documentaries about family history, I can't stop watching. It's fascinating - whether it be your own or others. Aww. That's sweet. Yeah, we need ot keep our egos nice and healthy. Compliments just make my day sometimes. Especially ones about physical features - 'cause I feel like I spend so much time being self conscious about them!

Good to hear you got things sorted. Unfortunately I have to wait until next week to get my new student ID processed. So that means waiting till then to get my money back. It's okay as long as I keep all my statements though. I'll get it back eventually. You're so right about bank charges. They sure mount up. I'm not looking forward to paying those when I no longer have my student benefits.

I'm so glad Tan's back. She's been posting about it on Oz Fun (which reminds me, I still have posts to respond to over there!).
Hee Oh its great reading this Kat, as I thought it was just me, with the lack of willpower. The funny thing is that I brough in some crackers and light cream cheese to have for lunch and I'm still going out and buying junkfood

Oh I'm very self conscious and have low self esteem. So its great to have someone admire my hair. In some ways its strange, as people who I don't know want to know everything about me.

I hope you get sorted soon Kat. I still don't think banks should be charging to have an account with them.

I might have to pop over to the Oz Fun thread, as I haven't been there in ages.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Haha. Not at all, Bel. You're definitely not alone there! I'm exactly like that too. If I've had a light lunch, and the oppotunity for something takeaway arises, I don't hesistate to order a second lunch. I figure if you feel like it and you know you're only gonna get peckish later, why not indulge?

I thought I was the only one with the self esteem problem. It seems so many people share it though. Not that I ever took you for one of them. It's nice to know that others can relate. I think that in reality, very few feel completely at ease in their own skin though. I know what you mean about the kind of people taking an interest in you. I definitely find that too. Especially on the internet. It's astounding how common interests, sense of humour, or ways of thinking can bring complete strangers together. That wouldn't happen so easily in every day life. Internet friendships defy those constraints.

Thanks for that, Bel. I couldn't agree more!

Me too! Everyone seems to be coming and going there less frequently lately. I'm glad it's still somewhat active though. I've said it many times before that I'd hate to lose contact with all the girls. Especially those who aren't on LJ (like yourself). I tried to post there last night, but FF went down (would you believe?! ). I must make a catch-up post there before I log off tonight.

icon by *Evie
Old 02-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Haha. Not at all, Bel. You're definitely not alone there! I'm exactly like that too. If I've had a light lunch, and the oppotunity for something takeaway arises, I don't hesistate to order a second lunch. I figure if you feel like it and you know you're only gonna get peckish later, why not indulge?

I thought I was the only one with the self esteem problem. It seems so many people share it though. Not that I ever took you for one of them. It's nice to know that others can relate. I think that in reality, very few feel completely at ease in their own skin though. I know what you mean about the kind of people taking an interest in you. I definitely find that too. Especially on the internet. It's astounding how common interests, sense of humour, or ways of thinking can bring complete strangers together. That wouldn't happen so easily in every day life. Internet friendships defy those constraints.

Thanks for that, Bel. I couldn't agree more!

Me too! Everyone seems to be coming and going there less frequently lately. I'm glad it's still somewhat active though. I've said it many times before that I'd hate to lose contact with all the girls. Especially those who aren't on LJ (like yourself). I tried to post there last night, but FF went down (would you believe?! ). I must make a catch-up post there before I log off tonight.
I couldn't agree more Kat.

Aw thanks That's interesting that you say that. I'm a shy person and I prefer to stay out of the spotlight. Sometimes its hard with work as obviously I've got to put myself out there. Good to know that you're never alone with your thoughts/problems I think that's what I like about the net too. As for me personally I don't get to see my "real life" friends as much as I like and coming here to FF is kind of like my special thing. Its great to be able to talk actors/tv shows or simply to rant about a bad day that you're having

Oh I haven't been over to the Oz Fun thread in ages, as some of the regulars I don't see them post there any more.

I did sign up for an LJ, but I'm too scared to write in it. I know that sounds crazy
Old 02-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Bel - I'm shy too. People (especially those I meet online) wouldn't think it, but I am. I avoid the spotlight at all costs too. Though I guess is certain situations (in which I'm comfortable), I'll become an extrovert. Like around my close friends on or offline. I'm probably the loudest and most talkative of my close friends. But around people I don't know so well, I'm quite aloof. I know what you mean about having to sort of give yourself a push and put yourself out there. I have to force myself to be less timid in intimidating social/uni situations. It's not easy. But you do feel good when you pull it off.
I also love that FF is a special place you can discuss/vent away from your friends. None of my friends (as famously as I get along with them) share as many of my personal entertainment interests as my online buddies. And like you say, it's nice to be able to hope online for a chat during the week when your offline friends are busy.

Yeah. It's slowed right down and even the regulars (myself included) tend not to lurk any more because they've lost hope of anyone else lurking at the same time. It used to be a consistent lurking ground! It picks up every now and then though. I need to start coming online at the same time in the evening that I used to. That way, I might actually catch whoever pops in at the regular times. Now that uni's starting up again, I probably will be posting around FF at more conventional hours.

Oh, really? I didn't know that! Aw, well I can understand that since I know you're very mindful of what you reveal online. LJs reveal quite a lot about your identity if you leave them public (like I do). There's always the option of making them Friends Only or Private. I'm not actually sure how it's done. I was thinking of switching my journal to those settings and I still might. I have a few people on FF who I'd like to have access even though they don't have LJs themselves though. I try not to reveal anything too personal, but I've gotten a little more relaxed about it all on the good faith that no-one is out to get me.

icon by *Evie
Old 02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bel - I'm shy too. People (especially those I meet online) wouldn't think it, but I am. I avoid the spotlight at all costs too. Though I guess is certain situations (in which I'm comfortable), I'll become an extrovert. Like around my close friends on or offline. I'm probably the loudest and most talkative of my close friends. But around people I don't know so well, I'm quite aloof. I know what you mean about having to sort of give yourself a push and put yourself out there. I have to force myself to be less timid in intimidating social/uni situations. It's not easy. But you do feel good when you pull it off.
I also love that FF is a special place you can discuss/vent away from your friends. None of my friends (as famously as I get along with them) share as many of my personal entertainment interests as my online buddies. And like you say, it's nice to be able to hope online for a chat during the week when your offline friends are busy.

Yeah. It's slowed right down and even the regulars (myself included) tend not to lurk any more because they've lost hope of anyone else lurking at the same time. It used to be a consistent lurking ground! It picks up every now and then though. I need to start coming online at the same time in the evening that I used to. That way, I might actually catch whoever pops in at the regular times. Now that uni's starting up again, I probably will be posting around FF at more conventional hours.

Oh, really? I didn't know that! Aw, well I can understand that since I know you're very mindful of what you reveal online. LJs reveal quite a lot about your identity if you leave them public (like I do). There's always the option of making them Friends Only or Private. I'm not actually sure how it's done. I was thinking of switching my journal to those settings and I still might. I have a few people on FF who I'd like to have access even though they don't have LJs themselves though. I try not to reveal anything too personal, but I've gotten a little more relaxed about it all on the good faith that no-one is out to get me.
That's what I like about FF. The fact that there are people who are on the same wave length as you, Is a good feeling. And considering what a TV junkie I am, its good to be able to chat.

My best friend and I are pretty chatty when we go out. I'm sure you can hear as coming

I was at Oz Fun last night and I caught up with Javie and Sacha, which was great I'm trying to pop back there as much as I can now. Even if its just to say hello

Yeah I'm too scared to start an LJ. I think it would be hard for me to write about stuff that I would feel comfortable for people to see.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat: if you want to change your entries to friendsonly/private you have to go back into every individual post and click on fo/priv on the security setting. It's a pain, but that's the only way you can do it. [Or you can just select fo/priv from now on and leave the rest as public entries if you can't be bothered. ]

I'm glad you agree about the India song. I love that I adored that song before she covered it, now I love it more because of the possibilty of it being sung by her.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy.
That's what I like about FF. The fact that there are people who are on the same wave length as you, Is a good feeling. And considering what a TV junkie I am, its good to be able to chat.

My best friend and I are pretty chatty when we go out. I'm sure you can hear as coming

I was at Oz Fun last night and I caught up with Javie and Sacha, which was great I'm trying to pop back there as much as I can now. Even if its just to say hello

Yeah I'm too scared to start an LJ. I think it would be hard for me to write about stuff that I would feel comfortable for people to see.
Me too, Bel. It's so great to have people you can can discuss all the fangirly stuff with, and who appreciate rather than mock it.

They bring out the extroverts in all of us!

Oh, great! I forgot to subscribe to the new thread, but I've since fixed that. The new thread's 8 pages in already. That's impressive.

That's fair enough. It's hard to split your time between here and LJ, I find so you probably made a good decision to stick with one online outlet.

Eves - Thanks loads for the LJ setting info! I had no clue. But, as tedious as that sounds, it makes sense!

It's the best when you love a song for ages and ages and then someone you love covers it (and does it perfect justice aswell). I'm very much looking forward to hearing Brooke's version. Did you ever end up going to any of her last round of Sydney shows? I'm also eager to hear how her British and US ones went. [I should really drop by her site/forum to find these things out! ]

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 02-28-2005 at 08:10 AM
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

I really wish I'd been able to make one of Brooke's London shows. I was gutted, but even if I hadn't been in Aberdeen the weekend just before, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford to go down there in the end, since I was there a week before for my movie screening. Why does everything have to be squished so close together?!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Timing's a b**ch, eh Rach? I missed Brooke's last show 'cause I was locked into other commitments on that very night. At least I've been to one Brooke show. It was at a cramped pub though. I'm looking forward to her playing nicer theatre-esque venues.

icon by *Evie
Old 03-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Cramped pub gigs can be good, though, because they feel more intimate I think two of the best shows I've been two were Four Star Mary in a tiny pub type place in Manchester
Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat: Brooke's sydney gigs aren't till next month. I'm not sure if I'll go since they're on Wednesday nights and it's hard enough to get me up for my thursday class even when I've had reasonable away time! I hope so though, if not for the india cover. I bet if I do go she'll end up doing the bloody sheryl crow [not sure of the name..goes something like "are you strong enough to be my man" hell, it might not even be SC. I don't know] cover instead.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Rach - True. And I'm all for intimate venues. But I'm really not a fan of pubs. I imagine yours are bit better than ours. We have imitation British pubs as well as okka ones. I want to go to some theatre gigs, dammit!

Aww. I know what you mean, Eves. These things always fall on the nights when you have an early start the next morning. Hopefully it won't finish *too* late. They generally don't finish any later than 11 so if you were home by 12, you could probably get away with it. Ah, yes. That is a Sheryl Crow song. I'm not sure of the exact title but that's close. I imagine I'd quite like Brooke's version of that song - though probably not as much as the India one.

ETA: I'll get a new one started now...

icon by *Evie
Old 03-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread here .

edit lmao see Kat? TWINS. Well, the threads there. wheee lifeline is on!