Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
The pun Olympics! *eyes dart around in excitement*
Awwwww. I can picture that.. How freakin cute.

---
[from her newsletter]:

Delta To Perform On Rove [Live] June 14!

We're thrilled to be the first to tell you that Delta is now confirmed to perform 'A Little Too Late' on Rove [Live] on Tuesday, June 14. Tune in from 9.30pm on Channel Ten for what's sure to be another brilliant performance from Delta.

Last edited by Evie; 06-03-2005 at 01:50 AM
Old 06-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Awwwww. I can picture that.. How freakin cute.
Heee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Eh. Bitch!Rach wanted to come out to play a little there ... I did my best not to rant!

Ugh, and to think I only uploaded them to my domain to save expiring your YSI links! Wasn't expecting that! The girl I gave them to has the girl that posted them on Deltafans friended, so it looks like she saw her thanking me for them in her LJ and went to mine, took a squizz around and snagged them for herself! There's no excuse for her not crediting me since she found them through my LJ so clearly knows my LJ name. I've credited you in return in my snarky reply, Kat!
I think you handled that very well, Rach!

I would have intervened, only I thought I should see how you felt about it first. It's one thing to quietly nick someone's files, but quite another to offer them in a community without asking permission. Crediting is always nice too, and there's no excuse for not knowing your LJ name, as you say! I appreciate your credit, and that you pimped our board in there too. Good job!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's your nerd anthem already, isn't it?
Naw, that was before I had the single.

Well, I've forgotten to post my thoughts on the new b-sides..

The Riddle... well... I'm certainly glad it made b-side over an album cut, because I don't really like it. In fact I haven't even listened to it fully through. That's really odd for me because you know I'll usually give any Delta song a chance but I haven't for that one.
It seems to drone on forever.. Musically it's like an inferior version of SBH.

If I Forget. OMGOMGOMG. !! [fangirl spasticity ] I love ittttt!! I really do, I'd have loved for it to have been included on the album because then more people would have heard it but squeeeee!! I'm really glad we got it at all, it's really good!
If this was in the survivor game I'd definately hope that it'd win or come close to it, but yall seem to prefer TR.

Last edited by Evie; 06-03-2005 at 08:13 AM
Old 06-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I appreciate your credit, and that you pimped our board in there too. Good job!
I couldn't not pimp the board The girl claims someone "gave" her the links and she didn't know they were mine so couldn't credit. But that's no excuse, IMO, she could have at least said they weren't hers.

Evie; I like If I Forget more than I usually like ballads - in fact, its the only Delta ballad that made the mix I made on my iPod for biking to work (a Brooke song [can't remember which I picked] being the only other ballad at all) ... but I definitely prefer The Riddle. I just love it!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

ALTL debuted at #13 on the ARIA charts. I think it's going to be a climber. Seeing as her first real promotional appearance will be Rove, Tuesday week. I'm sure Delta's pleased with a top 20 entry, anyway!

Quote:
I couldn't not pimp the board The girl claims someone "gave" her the links and she didn't know they were mine so couldn't credit. But that's no excuse, IMO, she could have at least said they weren't hers.
Ah, yes. I just read that. I totally agree! Even more reason to mention they're not hers/where she found them if she can't credit directly. Why people post things in communities when they're not theirs is beyond me aswell!

Ooh, Eves. I'm surprised you dislike The Riddle! An inferior version of SBH? Wow. I prefer it to SBH (just slightly), I think. I think her vocals and piano are far supreme to those of SBH. It showcases her creativity and confidence more so. I hope it gives those who bought the single and don't own the album, a sense of that.

icon by *Evie
Old 06-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what it is about TR but I just can't bring myself to listen to it. I've *have* played it once just because I felt it necessary to do so at least *once* but um... no. :/

Whereas.. IIF = 20 + plays. That's not obsessive is it? HAHA.

I saw the #13 debut.. Was quite shocked, but hahaha maybe she'll come back for promo for the next one. I'm such a bad fan.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure I prefer The Riddle to SBH, but I definitely love it!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know what it is about TR but I just can't bring myself to listen to it. I've *have* played it once just because I felt it necessary to do so at least *once* but um... no. :/

Whereas.. IIF = 20 + plays. That's not obsessive is it? HAHA.

I saw the #13 debut.. Was quite shocked, but hahaha maybe she'll come back for promo for the next one. I'm such a bad fan.
Fair enough!

That's like TR for me! But as expected, my appreciation continues to grow for IIF. Like Rach, I'm enjoying it more than the average Delta ballad.

Bad, baaad fan! Before we know it, you'll have done away with the next single too!

icon by *Evie
Old 06-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw no, I haven't done away with the single [in fact have latched on pathetically to IIF ] but if they know she did well because of promo for AH, and got lacklustre results cos of barely any promo for MI & ALTL.. well, I'm hoping for tons of promo next single, is what im saying. She deserves #1.. Switch / Will Smith gives me hope.. it didn't debut in the top 10 yet it moved right on up a few weeks later. I'm hoping that happens for ALTL.

Arr, TR just started. I don't like the way the chorus is done, and the lyrics are a bit lame.

The piano solo is fantastic though.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

I hope so too. I was so sure Sony had taken the dismal MI promo as a wake-up call with the surge of promo that followed for AH. Surely they knew they couldn't afford to sit back and let ALTL speak for itself. I had higher hopes for ALTL on its own (and hopefully all's not lost, as you point out with Will's song). But promo always yeilds results (a la, AH).

Quote:
Arr, TR just started. I don't like the way the chorus is done, and the lyrics are a bit lame.

The piano solo is fantastic though.
I like that the lyrics are allegorical. I love the piano solo too!

I think IIF is excellent aswell though. I particularly love the high, tinkly piano notes during the verses. So pretty! Both songs are so different so I have to appreciate them for different reasons.

icon by *Evie
Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

So I was looking at the lyrics Kat posted, and I realised that one line isn't what I've been singing. Hee! So I was wondering what people think ... I'm guessing that the girls who posted these on the forum transcribed them themselves from listening, rather than official lyrics?

Quote:
In life we have to compromise
The chaos of our choices
And through every and ever
I think of us forever
So remember
Is it just me, or does it sound like "endeavour" rather than "and ever" ... and wouldn't endeavour make more sense?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So I was looking at the lyrics Kat posted, and I realised that one line isn't what I've been singing. Hee! So I was wondering what people think ... I'm guessing that the girls who posted these on the forum transcribed them themselves from listening, rather than official lyrics?

Is it just me, or does it sound like "endeavour" rather than "and ever" ... and wouldn't endeavour make more sense?
Yep, I just pasted them in from the forum discussion since the official lyrics for b-sides are never disclosed. So yes, they're transcriptions. Looking over them again, I can see that the lyrics in that line off IIF are clearly "endeavour". I picked up a few more errors along the way while I was at it! I did the same for TR (which, to be fair, if probably the most difficult to transcribe). I heard it a lot differently from the original transcriber. Re-posting my version to give you an idea of the parts I've changed:

The Riddle

Day turns to night,
Then night, turns to day
In the blink of an eye
It’s the next year

Snow flake on my eye lash
It's cold and I know why
I question everything

I'm transfixed on the stars
Sky above
And unlike Mars it’s the reason I am here
Which I am there, when it doesn’t appear

CHORUS
Call me strange
Call me straight
Call me anything you like
I'm the door and I can turn
Like the seconds on the clock
It’s the light, it is the rain
It’s the reason, I'm missing
It’s the riddle, in my call
I'm not what you think at all
Not at all

Tip toe with diplomatic words
In my mouth
It spurs
From my wild child supressed

Tick tock, my days go
Tick tock, with every passing cloud
A different shape and an apple tree
Maybe

CHORUS

Mmmmmm, ahhhhhhh
Oh, oh, oh

Story books and dark angels sleep
There's blurry shapes in my magic land

CHORUS x2
---

Have another listen and let me know if you hear anything differently. I'll certainly make alterations where they're requested.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 06-10-2005 at 08:17 AM
Old 06-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Whee, I'm not hearing things!

I'll have a listen to it later, but a lot of what you put seems to make the song make so much more sense!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Definitely not hearing things!

I'm glad it sounds on the right track. If only we could compare notes with Delta!

icon by *Evie
Old 06-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Then she'd be offended [in her lovely Delta way] that we couldn't understand her vocal delivery.

I think it's in the blink of an eye.