Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wheee, it was fab seeing it in full colour [the tiny ram file we had didn't do it justice..] Her eyes are so clear blue it's amazing, and her eyelashes..beautiful!

Kat: I look forward to your icon post! btw, Alicia's top..by drug dealer she means medicinal drugs for 3rd world countries. I don't think I could wear that for fear of confusion by others but you know.. I was watching the video and saw the bit that's capped in your av and was like oooh there's kat's icon!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a awesome song and Delta's hair looks awesome too
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That it does Kel..

I heard it on the radio today, and my sister did also [yesterday], so woohoo for radio play!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Wheee, it was fab seeing it in full colour [the tiny ram file we had didn't do it justice..] Her eyes are so clear blue it's amazing, and her eyelashes..beautiful!

Kat: I look forward to your icon post! btw, Alicia's top..by drug dealer she means medicinal drugs for 3rd world countries. I don't think I could wear that for fear of confusion by others but you know.. I was watching the video and saw the bit that's capped in your av and was like oooh there's kat's icon!
Me too! I agree, it's ten times brighter on the TV screen. I can never get over how stunning her features are. What's even more stunning is that they're really as they appear in real life!

Aw. I'm glad! I've posted them at the icon thread. Hope they're okay! Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that. For a minute there, I thought she was being comedic or sarcastic. I don't know if I could pull of wearing something like that either, but she had me taking it as humour, so that's okay. Awww. Yay! I love that part. She's really feeling the music in an SHFy kind way.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 05-10-2005 at 05:06 AM
Old 05-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it just me, or did the vocals to "you'll hear me singing" sound more clear on the video? It just seemed to be emphasised moreso on the audio track to it. [than on the cd..to me anyway. ]
Old 05-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

I haven't noticed, but it's possible. I've heard that the video/radio versions of songs are often sped up and that it heightens the pitch and clarity as a result. I'll have to compare them now that you've mentioned it!

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 05-10-2005 at 05:23 AM
Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

I know it's not what you meant, but I just had a sudden image of ALTL playing at extremely high speed ... it was funny.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I wish I still had my audio mixing program.. I'd totally speed ALTL up to amuse myself for 4 minutes. [well, 2 minutes really.. ]

Looks like ALTL won't be on the late morning lot of new songs for tomorrow's Rage. A shame, but it'll of course, appear on the other music shows over the weekend, I'm sure.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Oh! I wonder if I could do that! *noses around her MP3 tools*
Old 05-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I know it's not what you meant, but I just had a sudden image of ALTL playing at extremely high speed ... it was funny.
It's an ideal song to speed up chipmunk-style!

I slept through ALTL's debut on Rage last weekend and still haven't managed to tape it...despite having flicked over to it four times on Channel [V] now. It seems I have a habit of flicking over to it a little too late 'cause I've been missing the start whenever I it pops up on TV.

I hope it starts up on Music Max and MTV soon. Preferably during the request shows!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn't manage to speed it up. I've ordered my copy, though!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I couldn't manage to speed it up. I've ordered my copy, though!
Aw, bugger. But yay for your order!

I noticed If I Forget is listed as a Demo Mix at the Sanity site. I figured all b-sides were demos technically. Does anyone know what defines a demo? Might it have been on of the first songs she wrote and recorded for MI, or prior to the recording of ALTL? It's probably a loosely used technical term, but I'm curious!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

This isn't an official answer, just my take on it. A lot of the b-sides (like SBH) have a lot of production on them, etc, so they can't be technically demos. I'd say a demo is more a rough version before it's been through the final works - a bit like the BTT original demo on the Australian version of the BTT single.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Yeah, that's what I think the difference is re; demos & b-sides.

from deltagoodrem.com:

A Little Too Late
'A Little Too Late' is the 4th single from Delta Goodrem's five times Australian Platinum album 'Mistaken Identity'.

'A Little Too Late' is written by Delta with Gary Barlow and Eliot Kennedy, who have previously collaborated with Delta on the Innocent Eyes tracks 'Not Me, Not I', 'Throw It Away', 'Butterfly', 'My Big Mistake', 'Running Away' and 'Longer'.

The song also features a hot new clip directed by Anthony Rose (Delta's 'I Don't Care', Paul Mac, Anthony Callea, Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll) that shows Delta chilling out with her mates, having a jam on guitar and keys, and looking as gorgeous and carefree as we've seen her yet.

Australian fans also have the opportunity to Win Tickets to a Delta Concert and meet her backstage! Each single contains a unique competition code and details on how to enter. But make sure you buy your single early as the competition only runs for a very limited time.

ALTL out May 30.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Ah, yes. That makes a whole lot of sense! I don't have the BTT single, nor have I heard the BTT demo actually. But I should have picked up on the low key production element all the same. Thanks Rach!

Thanks for the news snippet, Eves! I love that there's another comp on the cards. The odds of winning those backstage passes are slim, I'm sure. But it's nice to be in with a chance all the same. The single's being released a week earlier, I see! That's only a week from today too!!

icon by *Evie