Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh so pretty Evie

I think it's time we got our act togetter and post colours and Delta pics (as banner) well?

edited - pics.

Also about colours I love Apricot colour

Last edited by -Kelly-; 01-04-2005 at 11:17 PM
Old 01-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly-
Oh so pretty Evie

I think it's time we got our act togetter and post colours and Delta pics (as banner) well?

Thanks for posting the pics, Kel! I think though that we should hold off on posting banners as like we said, we're just batting ideas around. It could still be months before we get customized.

Evie, I think themes based on 8 and/or 9 would look great! *goes to play with the colour wheel*
Old 01-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, apricot would compliment the colours in those pics, Kel. Thanks for posting those colours too.

As Rach said, we're just experimenting with pic ideas and colour schemes at present and not making any concrete decisions till the Graphics team approach us.

That colour wheel is fabulous, Eves! I don't know how to screencap anything other than DVDs so I'm no use there. I think I'll do something similar to what Kel did and post some colour samples instead. I was looking through some ARIA pictures tonight and think she looks exceptionally gorgeous in those. The neutral tones in her dress together with her lipstick compliment creamy/gold/crimson scheme.

Here's a question for everyone: Would you prefer that the graphics feature her all glammed up, red carpet/performance style, or in smart casual everyday wear? Obviously the ARIA pics fall under the category of glam and I think that sums her up well as the classy sophisticate she is. But then she looks comparatively pretty in her day-to-day attire and I was curious to know if you guys thought that might reflect her better.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Oooh, I think anything would be fab ... I guess it depends on what photoshoot gets chosen. I love her in her jeans/top combos and they do kind of sum up who she is. But her glam stuff ... *sigh*

I love the Adam Haddrick shoot, but I don't know how that would look on a banner, and matching colours to it could be hard. I think I'm one of the few that doesn't like the IE shoot so much, though. I think multiple pictures from one shoot would look better than different pictures from different locations. The promo shots from NMNI are great, and I also love these:

Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat: Once you've got a nice colour combo [via wheel] just hit print screen [upper right of your keyboard] and copy & paste it into psp, [crop it in there if you like, hint. you like ;P] and then save it and upload it..sounds tedious but it's quite simple.

You could use an aria pic and an IE booklet pic, as they both tie in the colour theme most of us are now looking at. Plus I don't want to *not* have a banner that doesn't have an oldskool delta picture in it..I don't know why but I do. Perhaps it's because we've looked at those pictures for the longest time. It would be weird to simply discard the IE photo shoot. :/
Old 01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
That colour wheel is fabulous, Eves! I don't know how to screencap anything other than DVDs so I'm no use there.
Just press on the keyboard button "Print Screen SysRq" on the open website then open PSP or animated shop, then "paste" it's easy Kat
Old 01-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Damn you Evie! You got me all excited cause I thought our board was finally getting customized!!
LOL @ your sig. I read that too! I was HOOKED so badly on that show the past week. I loved it!! I screamed at my TV when David let Linda go the first time..I was like NO..dont choose Petra!! Go back!! Take it back!
Yes, I am a loser.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Thanks loads for explaining the print screen thing, Eves and Kel! I've wondered how to do that for the longest time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
You could use an aria pic and an IE booklet pic, as they both tie in the colour theme most of us are now looking at. Plus I don't want to *not* have a banner that doesn't have an oldskool delta picture in it..I don't know why but I do. Perhaps it's because we've looked at those pictures for the longest time. It would be weird to simply discard the IE photo shoot. :/
Nice idea! I know what you mean. I think it might be nice to have an older shot (or shoot) in there. I think some of her older shoots are so classic. She hasn't done as many professional shoots recently so it makes finding recent hi res studio shots difficult to come by.

Here's the result of my colour wheel experimentation and pic searches. I've posted the colour schemes where I think they compliment the pictures. This is my first attempt at thumbnails, so I hope they work!

[I won't re-post them, but the pics Kel posted (from the IE shoot) would slot in with the ARIA scheme or Hyatt shots (below). And the shot Rach posted would slot in nicely between the Hyatt and pinky red examples]

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 01-08-2005 at 07:51 AM
Old 01-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

icon by *Evie
Old 01-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Besides this shot:

I kinda of [really] dislike that shoot. But to my dismay, I think I am outnumbered here.

Lil: you're not a loser. I was the same [along with my mum and sister. ] They were kind of losers though, as they would change who they were going for every ad break..
Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I shouldn't post right after my last but: ohhh. couldn't you just see this as a banner?

edit; I'd previously mentioned the idea of reversing out the first one..tried it. Err. No. Best to keep that one as is, I think.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking that one turned out the best too! We hadn't even considered green, but when I was looking through those pics, I thought why not give it a go. I think it looks great.

Just trying it in this order too...

I know what you're saying about the Hyatt (gold) shoot, Eves. It's grown on me recently. I love her expressions there. But looking at it now (as a possible graphic), it might not looks as great as some other combos.

icon by *Evie
Old 01-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it is her poses that make me not like it. It's too..pose-y? ! I don't know..it's just not as impressive as the other ones you posted. [not that it's ugly though.]

I love that bazaar photoshoot but it goes with the obvious female celeb. colour theme. AND the shots are all from the same shoot..I think 2 from one is sufficient.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Kat its so cool how you took all that time out so you could present us with your ideas..its like when you're at a business meeting and someone comes in with like this cool, organised already set up presentation and presents everything with a neat little folder package to look at whilst they're doing they're presentation. Ah, yes
I love the HB shoot..I absolutely love the deep red colour on her but. But I think red would hurt eyes :p Of course, Delta wouldnt though.
I also love that pic (second last set) where it's just one pic. She looks like Jennifer Hawkins there. Where's it from? I think she looks absolutely gorgeous there!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktified
Kat its so cool how you took all that time out so you could present us with your ideas..its like when you're at a business meeting and someone comes in with like this cool, organised already set up presentation and presents everything with a neat little folder package to look at whilst they're doing they're presentation. Ah, yes
I love the HB shoot..I absolutely love the deep red colour on her but. But I think red would hurt eyes :p Of course, Delta wouldnt though.
I also love that pic (second last set) where it's just one pic. She looks like Jennifer Hawkins there. Where's it from? I think she looks absolutely gorgeous there!
Aw, thanks for the kind compliment, Lil! I'm chuffed that you saw it as organised and businessy. It took me back to the days of mixing and matching paint for art classes.
Heheh, true! We'd have to go for softer versions of the red; possibly rose, and fawn or cream colours to pick up her skin tone with the Harpers shoot. I think that one captures her really well.
Isn't it stunning? came across that one today for the first time. I just love it too! I'm actually not sure where it's from. Possibly Harpers or the calendar shoot? I found it under one of the unsorted categories at The Photo Album though.

Eves - Yeah, it is pose-y.

Yeah, if we could steer away from the generic pinks, that would be ideal. I don't mind the idea of three images from the same shoot, but two is cool aswell. It looks good when two shots are broken up with another of similar colouring and style from a different shoot, as per the green toned ensemble.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 01-08-2005 at 05:54 AM