Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Customization discussion

Will this be happening any time soon?

I was rather hesitant to start this but seeing as it will happen eventually, [whenever we get the go-ahead] board cust. issues can just go here too.

I'm hoping for a dark pink/light pink combination. This grey business is too boring for us.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

The Graphics Team are working their way through the list. Sabrina's doing a great job of organising what's happening when, but I think we'll still have a while to wait as we're a relatively new board and not one of the crazy popular ones like Maroon 5, which is what got them customized so soon.

I won't close this for now in case people want to bat ideas around or anything, but Sabrina will probably start a new one when it comes to be time to actually make decisions
Old 12-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

I like the dark/light pink idea. Or maybe blues
Old 12-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

I'm itching for the board to be customised aswell. I expect we'll have to wait a looong while yet though. Apparently the Graphics Team have their own system for organising which boards are customised and they're under no obligation to explain why and when certain boards are selected. We just have to trust their judgement and understand that they're working to please everyone to the best of their ability. It's unfortunate that priority isn't given to boards by order of implementation. It's mainly dependent on traffic and popularity. This also means that busy boards whose graphics are outdated (generally the case for TV shows) may take precedence over those still waiting to be customised years down the track.

Our best hope is that Delta gains some proper exposure in the US next year. A traffic boost into the 500s would raise and draw attention to her popularity. That wouldn't necessarily guarantee immediate customisation, but it would definitely improve our chances. That's why it's so important for everyone to post widely and not just on the odd thread. Of course it's up to the individual where they want to post and whether they feel they have anything valid to contribute to a discussion. But please don't be afraid to get involved; share your throughts and opinions, discuss the music and join the song and lyric games. That being said, I'm really pleased to see posters have come out of lurking to do just that over the past few days. It's great to see and I hope it keeps up! In the meantime, we have to be patient (I know it's hard).

Like Rach, I don't see any harm in having a discussion open for preliminary thoughts and ideas. I'm sure the Graphics team won't mind. It may prove constructive to them and save a lot of time if we have some basic ideas in place when Sabrina approaches us for them.
As for my thoughts, I'm visualising pink and peach tones, although a lot of female celeb boards have gone for that scheme already. It's going to be a very tough job narrowing down preferred pictures for the graphic at the top. I hope we can squeeze several pretty pictures from same photoshoot shoot into that. I remember Sabrina mentioning that the board's colours are to compliment the colours in the graphic so that might be something to think about when browsing pictures for ideas.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 12-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No bright colours...they blind my eyes

Soft colours are great
Old 12-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Maybe we should looking for pictures to use.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
It's mainly dependent on traffic and popularity.

I remember Sabrina mentioning that the board's colours are to compliment the colours in the graphic so that might be something to think about when browsing pictures for ideas.
Whilst a bugger, that does make sense.. No wonder other boards have been customized before us.. I shouldn't laugh, we're still going well..

First I thought black and turquoise similar to the MI packaging, but that would be dumb because not everything Delta-related from here on in will be packaged similarly [so there goes that theme..]. I was also thinking a mixture of the black/creme [], blue/creme [] to bring together both IE and MI somehow but yes...thumbs down to that 'cos of what I mentioned before about irrelevant themes..

So I picked dark/light pink just because it's pretty and girly, and that says more about Delta than anything, I think. Pink and creme is pretty too!

I don't think that matters.. Whatever colour scheme we go for, you can just colourize the pictures to match! [Which is a very good thing 'cos picture-picking will be damn hard seeing as there's never a bad Delta picture! ]
Old 12-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

First I thought black and turquoise similar to the MI packaging, but that would be dumb because not everything Delta-related from here on in will be packaged similarly [so there goes that theme..]. I was also thinking a mixture of the black/creme [], blue/creme [] to bring together both IE and MI somehow but yes...thumbs down to that 'cos of what I mentioned before about irrelevant themes..

So I picked dark/light pink just because it's pretty and girly, and that says more about Delta than anything, I think. Pink and creme is pretty too!

I don't think that matters.. Whatever colour scheme we go for, you can just colourize the pictures to match! [Which is a very good thing 'cos picture-picking will be damn hard seeing as there's never a bad Delta picture! ]
Yeah. The album colour schemes sounded good to me at first too. But as you say, they're temporary and not the truest reflections of Delta's temperament and personality. I like the dark/light pink scheme and 'cause peaches and cremes are close by on the colour spectrum, I think they'd be good too. Also, when I think of all her prettiest fashion moments, I think of pinks and peachy colours - her pink ARIA and OOTB dresses, the red, pinky and peach coloured dresses in the Harpers Bazzar shoot, her recent creamy ARIA dress, another pink dress in NMNI...and the list goes on!

Some of the graphics are partially colourised, but if you browse FF, most keep at least some of the original colour in the pictures used to make them. I like when there's a few original colours coming out in a graphic myself. If that's the case for ours and the most popular one is voted in, the majority are bound to like the colour scheme that goes with it anyway.

Feel free to post links to any image ideas you might have, Vera.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

I think if the winning graphic were to use pictures from the MI shoot, then blues and blacks would be great I was browsing some of the female celeb boards and like Kat says, a lot of them seem to have gone for the pinkish combinations already. For example, the Rachel Bilson board has the pink/green theme (which, IMO, looks fab - and those are colours I would never have suggested!) which is taken from the colours in the picture.

I think I'd like us to have a coloured background rather than white, but other than that, I'm really happy for the graphics team to design some lovely graphics and fit the colour scheme to them!

I do think that a gold theme would look pretty, not just to be IE themed, necessarily, I just think it would "go" with a lot of the prettiest Delta pics!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Addicted Fan

And a gold theme would be different then al the other boards
Old 12-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
I think if the winning graphic were to use pictures from the MI shoot, then blues and blacks would be great I was browsing some of the female celeb boards and like Kat says, a lot of them seem to have gone for the pinkish combinations already. For example, the Rachel Bilson board has the pink/green theme (which, IMO, looks fab - and those are colours I would never have suggested!) which is taken from the colours in the picture.

I do think that a gold theme would look pretty, not just to be IE themed, necessarily, I just think it would "go" with a lot of the prettiest Delta pics!
The Rachel Bilson board does look great, I agree, Rach! I definitely think that whatever colours are resonant within the graphic will compliment the board.

I'm not adverse to gold either. I think red or crimson could look good against gold. Crimson would compliment softer pinks too.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 12-29-2004 at 11:04 AM
Old 01-02-2005, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I'm not adverse to gold either. I think red or crimson could look good against gold.
Oooh, I like that idea..crimson/creme/mustard could look really nice..and not at all similar to the other boards..[there are tons of pink boards for {derr} female celebs.] It would be different but still really pretty..
Old 01-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
Oooh, I like that idea..crimson/creme/mustard could look really nice..and not at all similar to the other boards..[there are tons of pink boards for {derr} female celebs.] It would be different but still really pretty..
For sure! I think you're right there, Eves. That combo would contrast nicely and be different enough from any other boards. I can think of plenty of pictures and shoots that would pick up those colours aswell!

icon by *Evie
Old 01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just board colours ideas.

_ I know it's light pink but it's pretty

Old 01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found this neat colour wheel:

http://www.sibagraphics.com/colour_combinations.php

Perhaps yall can make a screencap of what you would like as potential board colours.