Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Claire - Hi! You can call me Chrissy

Subject - Thanks I really hope this board stays friendly and sometimes political beliefs can lead to fights, so its better to only focus it on a thread or a board specifically for it

Hobbesian - The WB will probably focus more on the ratings during November sweeps because a few months later is when a midseason replacement show will put into the scheduling. But I wouldn't worry about ratings - Jack and Bobby is sort of an "experiment" for the WB - it's not specifically designated for their core demographics, so they might be more lenient with it
Old 09-29-2004, 01:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aw, but I love Grace's monologues. They're hilarious and Christine Lahti so great at them.

Bobby does not seem to have any sort of backbone at all. If it were just with his mother, or just with his brother, or just with his peers, I could understand. But he can't say no to anyone, he's always scared of what everyone thinks. Which I think is the exact opposite of what Grace intended when she raised him, but obviously she did something wrong.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 09-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian
That would never happen.

I think that it would happen or could happen. They try to go after the man, his family, background. With Bobby the hardest thing and darkest secret is his father. That lie that he told to protect him. Then having it disproven. All to protect his mother's pride. "That lie nearly cost him the election, and it wasn't even his lie"

Remember all of this debate happend after they found out the truth about his father. So attacking the man's weakest point. Especially when they know that is where it almost lost it already doesn't seem so out of place.

I think that the lesson Bobby learned in that episode was not to judge people just by what you hear about them. I mean these smart kids in that class were going to be the better people. As his mother taught him. However that was not the case. Also those boys told him that the son was in prison and all these bad things about the janior without knowing him as well.

Also, I felt a bad racial vibe coming from the whole issue with those boys. Not from Bobby but from them.

As for Grace not giving Bobby a backbone. I think that it is more about the fact that Grace stressed the mind more then anything else. While yes, it is good to be intelligent and get ahead that way. You also need the conviction, if thats the right word to support yourself indepently. I saw Bobby doing that with the Space Club. However now that he is in High school. I think Jack has put too much pressure on Bobby to be normal and not try to stand out. Which causes Bobby to hide away his true feelings at school.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian
The whole bit with the janitor's son also seemed extremely contrived.
I'm a few days behind and finally watched the episode. I totally agree with the above. The whole bit with the janitor was so contrived. What I didn't like about the TA storyline was that it was another chance for Grace to make speeches.

I DO like the documentary style, but using it to this extent is too much, b/c it encourages the show to make so many connections between past and present, and they don't always work/feel forced, and overly dramatic.

All of that being said, I continue to love the show for its acting and relationship dynamics. I loved Bobby/Courtney (they are fantastic together); Jack/Courtney; Jack/Grace--LOVED the scene about the Challenge program--and Peter/Grace.

About Missy: she's your typical "sexy" manipulative blonde meant to distract our hero from the one he really wants. Plus, they have a history together. I recognize this but somehow it doesn't bother me. I just hope it doesn't last too long. Her voice is annoying. I couldn't always hear what she was saying, either.

Judy
Old 10-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

watched the debate last night and i was remainded by this episode when Bobbys oponent in the flashforward said HE PAUSED FOR WHAT IT SEEMED AN INTERNATY AND THAT ALMOST COSTED HIM THE ELECTION....cus Mr Bush had like 10 of those moments last night!!

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile