Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Banned

Better Days-Episode Discussion 101

Grace and Bobby help with a College Democrats rally; Courtney and Jack continue to explore their relationship; One of Grace's co-workers gets fired, and Grace goes to bat for her without all the facts in hand.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check outKTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:19 PM
Old 09-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

After seeing the pilot, I'm itching to see the next episode. It sounds really good and I can't wait for some more Courtney/Jack interaction.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a more detailed summary I found at the WB for Better Days.

Slightly spoilerish information below...

Jack (Matt Long) explodes after catching Grace (Christine Lahti) smoking pot again and gives her an ultimatum. However, after a particularly trying day, Grace seeks refuge in her old habit and is unprepared for the price she must pay for the one joint. Meanwhile, Bobby (Logan Lerman) tries to help make things better for Jack, both with Courtney (Jessica Paré) and in school, but only succeeds in making things worse. Also, it is revealed how President McCallister became affiliated with a surprising political party.

Last edited by keep the starlight; 09-16-2004 at 03:41 PM
Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited for this episode!

Old 09-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited for the next episode! Can not wait!!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really excited for this episode also. I'm glad Jack gives Grace an ultimatum. She needs to start acting like a mother, just my opinion. I also can't wait to see Bobby trying to help Jack out. I just this show!

Old 09-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Banned

Lindsey - Thanks for the info. However, it might be a little too spoilerish for some people.

I am looking forward to this episode. The preview of things to come was just on the WB again. It looks like tough times for everyone involved. Good thing is that Sunday isn't that far away.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Subject- It was just the summary from the WB.com. I'll take it down if anyone wants me too.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

I am looking forward to seeing if they can keep it up with high quality content and acting. Hopefully, they will have no problem bringing us great episodes on a weekly basis.

kenny | credit
Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by funniehunnie88
Subject- It was just the summary from the WB.com. I'll take it down if anyone wants me too.
I know it's a summary from the WB. All I was getting at is that it wouldn't hurt to put a little warning before the summary to say that it may have some spoilerish information.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Subject- I understand. I fixed it, hope that's better.

Old 09-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Banned

Well, they didn't end the future over tones. However, it doesn't bother me much anymore. I kind of look forward to it now. A sense of what is to come. The opening theme for the show was wonderful. Blended the future anticipation with the now happening acts. Gave a sense of purpose and showed what the show is about.

Grace isn't even trying to change. I'm very disappointed in her. Forcing Jack to be the responsible one. It's clear she has her own agenda with Bobby. Molding me to be in her image. Since it is so clear that Jack will not follow in her ways. I did like that she was trying to motivate people to stand for their beliefs and not just hand out flyers or buttons as the case my be.

I feel sorry for Bobby. All of the people that he needs guidance from are either mad at him or lying to him. Of course he still has Courtney. His cause to get Jack back on the team was noble. However, made things worse. His heart was in the right place. It's just the logic that needs some work. He is a dreamer. Has faith in people that they will do the right thing. He is going to get a crash course in the real world soon. I hope that Jack can prepare him for that.

Courtney was sending out some strong signals to Jack. I can see how he could have not read them. Here he is thinking that she was just being polite to Bobby. While she was trying to find some friends and not a romantic relationship. I still have much hope for these two. Things look like they will get better.

Jack taking the responsible road was that of greatness. He really showed his maturity. I'm not sure if he stopped his mother's smoking because she promised, or because he wanted to protect Bobby from really seeing that. That sense of "Not in my house" was well done.

Bobby talking up Jack to make up for what he did earlier was sweet. He is a good little brother. I'm glad that Courtney is staring to open up about her mother. I think right now, she just kind of feels numb inside. Doesn't want to open up and take the chance of losing someone in any sense again. I am really liking Peter. He has a certain charisma about him. The way he doesn't let things bother him. That little comment about Bobby being Courtney's date was priceless.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Banned

This was a good episode. I really want to meet Chloe, by the way.

Throughout the whole thing, I was wondering how Bobby went from pinning eleven Support John Kerry pins to his shirt, to being a Republican. I'm still not sure why, hopefully the show will cover it later.

Grace pisses me off, but her speech at the end was nice.

I thought it was cute how Bobby went to Courtney's house.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Tonight's episode was really good, I love the opening. I liked Grace trying to motivate everyone to get other people to vote because I think that's really important. I really wish she would stop smoking the pot, hopefully after what happened with Bobby she will.

Bobby trying to help out with Jack and getting back on the team was very sweet. It's too bad it didn't go the way he wanted it to. I also liked how Bobby tried to help out Jack with courtney. I especially loved Grace's speech. Everyone is so afraid of failing when the truth is that sometimes out failures make us stronger and make us who we are today. The upcoming episodes look like they're going to be good as well.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

I waver between loving Grace and hating her. That speech at the rally was so powerful, kudos to Christine Lahti for acting the stuffing out of that scene. I'm in prime voting age(22) and I'm not registered, and now I'm wondering 'why the heck not?'. I can make a difference. Christine Lahti said so! But why is she still doing the pot? Why?! Her kids are so worried about her and Bobby has asthma, that can't exactly be the best thing, can it? Ugh. I want to high-five her and then smack her.

Jack!Courtney! Eee! Why is she so standoffish? That irritates me. The guy likes you, but if you just want to hang out with his brother, then say so. I thought it was a little early for the kiss(storyline wise, make us wait for us, writers!), but I still enjoyed it. They have the potential for cuteness if Courtney would stop being such a goof. Matt Long continues to amaze me every week. He's not wooden or overdoing it. I really like him.

There was a definite lapse(probably a year) between filming the pilot and the first episode, because Logan Lerman looked older. No! Stay young and cute forever, Bobby! That hug with Grace at the end was Aww. He loves his momma, so cute.

My show. I love it.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)