Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

I think Liv is such a great actress and person that she's lucky enough to have great chemistry with anyone she plays opposite Her scenes with Bruce were funny, and sad, yet her and Ben have something special onscreen. I know people apparently hated the animal cracker scene, but I really liked it
Old 10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

As much as I love Ben and Liv sometimes I get an almost brother/sister vibe from them, its weird. But I def like them in movies together and they have good chemistry. I'm just not sure which kind. And Bruce and Liv were great in this movie as a father/daughter team.

SATC
Old 10-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I prefer Bruce to Ben in this case. Bruce has a better chemistry to me.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Here's a recent article I found on a Movie/DVD review that mentions Liv.

Quote:
Acting isn’t generally a large concern in a primarily action-oriented film like Armageddon, but Bay assembles a cast that includes some quite well-known actors. In addition to Bruce Willis, there’s Steve Buscemi, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, William Fichtner, Will Patton, Owen Wilson, Peter Stormare, and Michael Clarke Duncan. These actors certainly make the ensemble cast more interesting and memorable than the typical action-hero lineup. Women, on the other hand, don’t seem to have much of a role in the Armageddon universe apart from tending the home fires. It would have been nice to see Liv Tyler (as Grace Stamper) have a more substantial role than “the girlfriend waiting at home,” especially since the setup of the movie suggests that she learned about drilling at her father’s knee. The lone active female in the film is one of the NASA astronauts (Jessica Steen), who doesn’t get much screen time.

The rest is here
--------------

Personally, I think Liv was more that just the girlfriend waiting at home. She was also the mourning daughter. She showed us fear, sexyness, lonelyness and a small comedic streak. Of course it would have been great to see her playing a bigger part, but how else could they have fit that into this movie?

SATC
Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

From a trivia:

Quote:
Liv Tyler's character dates a character called AJ. In Armageddon, Liv Tyler's character also dates a character called AJ.
Plus, Armageddon opened on Liv Tyler's 21st birthday.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle25
Personally, I think Liv was more that just the girlfriend waiting at home. She was also the mourning daughter. She showed us fear, sexyness, lonelyness and a small comedic streak. Of course it would have been great to see her playing a bigger part, but how else could they have fit that into this movie?

Totally agree. The movie was kinda long as it was, and with an ensemble cast, it's hard to give anyone a really big storyline. Buscemi was just a crazy genius, Bear was just a big tough goofball ... at one point they were unsure if they were going to keep the AJ and Grace storyline at all, which if they'd done, would have seriously damaged both their characters, IMO
Old 03-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

I just watched it and LOVED it!! It was a great movie, Liv was awesome, and I think Liv&Ben rock!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Yay, Nazli finally saw it!

It's still one of my favourite Liv movies, will never get sick of watching it (even after 12 dozen times )
Old 03-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

for Nazli! Did you tape it?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

YYepp I've got it on three video tapes last two one were short tapes
She was so adorable and I loved her and A.J.'s love
Old 03-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

For the past couple of weeks I have been catching some mini-interviews with the cast of "Jersey Girl" between movies on my movie channel. And Ben talks about Liv.. he says something to the effect of.. Oh I love Liv, she's a really great girl.. but, I didn't get to march any animal crackers down her stomach this time.. so I was a little upset.

SATC
Old 03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Oh I love Liv, she's a really great girl.. but, I didn't get to march any animal crackers down her stomach this time.. so I was a little upset.
These two have to be one of my favourite on-screen couples. I remember a few years back, around the time Armageddon was released, I saw a photo of them, and was instantly a fan of the pairing, they were so cute! Will try to find the one I'm talking about, but it was ages ago now, way before my venture into the land of the internet
Old 04-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, AJ & Grace are still near the top of my list as far as fav. movie couples go, they were just too damn romanticly great together!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

The movie is on TV tonight, I can't wait.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Watched this again last night, Liv makes me cry every time. Definitely the best thing about the movie, IMO