Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87daysofTV (View Post)
that's true but they spent 14a building zoemund and that didn't pan out so you never know how serious ziles is. But agree on Grace and Zoe I think the clips are misleading tbh. But again you never know.
Well, it would just feel out of nowhere, for me, and it would feel like fanservice, to be honest. I really, really hope that they don't go the lesbian route, with these two. I mean, couldn't we at least have had some hints that Zoe was attracted to other girls? They dropped hints about Miles being bi/pan (?) so why couldn't they be bothered to drop any about Zoe?
Old 08-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Agree, I don't think Zoe is gonna go the girl route for now. Maybe one day. Grace on the other hand, there was a moment where it did look like she was checking out a girl in the hall but nothing concrete. Its most likely gonna be nothing with them for now. I feel like the promo is kinda queer baiting tbh. Anyway I more interested in Ziles atm so I hope they stick with that.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I actually think the writers had only one thing on their minds when they put the Grace/Zoe moment in the movie. I have never seen two girls on this show fool around like that. So I do think they'll eventually go there with them. It's not exactly uncommon to suddenly discover that you have feelings for someone of the same sex. We didn't exactly get much of a lead in to Paige liking girls or even Imogen liking girls before it happened. Plus, to me, it's not "fan service" unless there's a strong following for the thing. I hadn't seen much Grace/Zoe support. In fact, the majority seemingly wanted her with Zig, even before 13D. So this seems more of a planned thing.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I actually think the writers had only one thing on their minds when they put the Grace/Zoe moment in the movie. I have never seen two girls on this show fool around like that. So I do think they'll eventually go there with them. It's not exactly uncommon to suddenly discover that you have feelings for someone of the same sex. We didn't exactly get much of a lead in to Paige liking girls or even Imogen liking girls before it happened. Plus, to me, it's not "fan service" unless there's a strong following for the thing. I hadn't seen much Grace/Zoe support. In fact, the majority seemingly wanted her with Zig, even before 13D. So this seems more of a planned thing.
I guess, it's possible that this was planned from the beginning, but if it was, then it wasn't well planned, in my opinion. Throughout Seasons 13 and 14, Zoe hasn't shown any indication of possibly being lesbian/bisexual. Degrassi also usually has a tendency to foreshadow future ships, such as Zaya, Ziles, Triles, Matlingsworth, Eclare, etc. I've seen no indication, whatsoever, that either Grace or Zoe harbor any romantic attraction towards each other, whatsoever, and if they expect me to believe, that all of a sudden, halfway through the movie, that Zoe is suddenly into Grace, or vice versa, then I'm probably not going to have an easy time believing it. There was a lot of support for it on Tumblr, and a lot of support in general for the whole Grace being a lesbian theory. People were speculating about Zoe and Grace for quite a while, actually, ever since their first interaction, together, when Zoe enlisted Grace's help to find the blackmailer.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
I guess, it's possible that this was planned from the beginning, but if it was, then it wasn't well planned, in my opinion. Throughout Seasons 13 and 14, Zoe hasn't shown any indication of possibly being lesbian/bisexual. Degrassi also usually has a tendency to foreshadow future ships, such as Zaya, Ziles, Triles, Matlingsworth, Eclare, etc. I've seen no indication, whatsoever, that either Grace or Zoe harbor any romantic attraction towards each other, whatsoever, and if they expect me to believe, that all of a sudden, halfway through the movie, that Zoe is suddenly into Grace, or vice versa, then I'm probably not going to have an easy time believing it. There was a lot of support for it on Tumblr, and a lot of support in general for the whole Grace being a lesbian theory. People were speculating about Zoe and Grace for quite a while, actually, ever since their first interaction, together, when Zoe enlisted Grace's help to find the blackmailer.
I can see your point, but they have time to develop something later on. I honestly do not think they'll happen in the movie. I think the movie will be the beginning of their friendship and the rest is coming later.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Agree in the movie they will start a friendship for sure and maybe in s15 they can develop feelings but with the movies I see it being more platonic and letting them become friends first.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm actually really okay with a Zoe/Grace friendship. She needs different kinds of friends and at this point, she seems to have Tristan and Lola as well as Zig and Maya, depending on the episode.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
I'm actually really okay with a Zoe/Grace friendship. She needs different kinds of friends and at this point, she seems to have Tristan and Lola as well as Zig and Maya, depending on the episode.
Yeah, I'm not opposed to a Grace/Zoe friendship, at all. I'm just opposed to a really rushed romance, between the two of them.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

add me! i like them
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have never been more wrong guess we need a Zoe/Grace thread now. I really liked the idea of Ziles but it felt pretty over in the movie. Hopefully they can still be friends.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Called it. Well, it's been nice knowing you, Ziles.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly thought they would have more of a relationship, but apparently those two are destined for summer flings and not much else? It's a waste of chemistry, really. But I am so on board with Gracevas.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Just made a Grace/Zoe thread. It probably will end up more of a shipper thread but I think we are all fine with it being used for friendship support as well. I like them too but I am sad for Zoe/Miles. And Zoe/Zig. It has been a weird 2 weeks of shipping.

dylanevz.tumblr.com

So no more swimming over at the Hollingsworth pool? That flirting meant nothing? I am just as confused as Zoe.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw a post on Tumblr saying that maybe Zoe and Miles can just date every summer and honestly? I wouldn't be opposed.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like these two but was that it? He is sweet to her.