Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Baby

Old 04-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Epstein with a little bump himself to highlight the mother of his future child, who will be performing a one woman show next week. At eight months pregnant.

officialjakeepstein- Ok. It’s happening.

But first, I gotta gush about TELL YOU A STORY, my partner’s new show premiering next week. If you’ve never seen @vanessasmythe perform… no one else does what she does. She takes you by the soul and brings you to a new planet filled with beauty, hilarity and an understanding that life is hard and we’re all going through it.

ALSO, yes she is carrying my child in her stomach, and will be 8 months pregnant when she premiers her show!! (I know, she is insane.) Her decision to do this show was both about taking stock of her life right before this massive change, and about proving that she can still be an artist while pregnant. I am more and more in awe of her as the days go by. Both as a sensitive, hilarious and groundbreaking performer/writer. But also as a future mama. This show is evidence that she can truly do anything. She’s the love of my life, and I could not be prouder of this pregnant smoke-show human.

So, my friends, come to Barrie, Ontario to witness the new work of an amazing person growing a person. I will be there beaming at every show. And come say hi before we go into parent mode and may not see you for a while!

Lastly, thanks to the incredible Covid-times initiative of @talkisfreetheatre, tickets are free. You need to reserve online, but they are indeed free.
Go to www.TIFT.ca/shows/tell-you-a-story for details. Link in bio as well.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The next news we have will be baby news?

tamararubyalmeida
Next up, a fun little movie called “What We Do For Love”.

Thank you to @reeloneentertainment for the chance to lead this one. To @larissa_mair_casting, eternally grateful for the opportunities. Thank you to our director John Bradshaw for allowing us to make this movie our own. This cast and crew were fantastic, and scene-stealer extraordinaire/partner in crime @officialjakeepstein, you’re the best.

Excited to see this one. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Type A personality, Sophie outgrows her job at a small mediation company, and secures a job at the famous Lower Manhattan mediation and wellness firm, Floating Lotus. Always up for a challenge, Sophie dives headfirst into her role as Associate Mediator. She finds herself at loggerheads with the companies chief Life Coach and lothario, Jason Sharpe who is the son of the firm’s President. Jason’s a loveable rouge, who charms his way into people’s hearts. The two are forced to work together. Will they succeed in preserving Floating Lotus’s A list reputation? Or will the duo fall flat on their face?
Old 05-10-2023, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's always good to watch a movie in less than two and half minutes.

Thanks for posting that trailer.

While we await the news of a new arrival, Vanessa's thank you post (which I think includes a stork emoji at the end of the caption that didn't carry over) for the support she had with her one woman performance. As might expect, the husband is featured prominently.

vanessasmythe- Thanks to these VIPs (and many not pictured) who made my heart sing as I shared something new. This meant so much to me. Jazz hand salute from me and

Old 06-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Here's the Hallmark announcement on Instagram for The Wedding Contract.

Quote:
What's the worst that can happen when trying to get to the chuppah? Adam @officialjakeepstein and the love of his life Rebecca @becca are on the road to finding out? Tune in for the all new movie #TheWeddingContract on Jun 17 at 8/7c. #JuneWeddings
Old 06-13-2023, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The marriage is happening on the day the movie premieres. Symmetry.

Speaking of happening, Vanessa has to have had the baby by now, right? By the time we get an update the kid will probably be walking.

Old 06-13-2023, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You demanded. We received the news.

vanessasmythe

On May 25 at 4:59pm, Miles August Epstein was lifted into the world and placed on my chest. We got to be cheek to cheek. Then he got to go to his dad. It has been only a couple weeks and yet I swear there is a dimension of time that has wrenched open vertically because it feels like he’s been here for ages. Holy moly what a trip. Thank your parents if they raised you. This kind of love is so consuming and yet I can’t grasp it with words.

officialjakeepstein

I wanted to introduce you to our new little guy…
This is Miles August Epstein.
Born May 25, 2023.
I’m in total awe of his mama and how she is transforming into this amazing new mum before my eyes.
He’s only been on this planet for 18 days and it feels like I’ve landed in this new alternate reality of life. Being a parent. It’s wild. I’m on no sleep but I couldn’t love this little cuddler, music lover and pooper more.
Welcome to the world my guy…

laurenfcollins
Mazel tov!!!! So happy for you both @vanessasmythe

pbrancs

theanagolja
Congratulations!!!!!!

gabifayepstein
Still crying. Thanks for making me an auntie, Bro.
Love that little pooper with my whole heart and soul.

staciemistysyn
I'm so happy for you all!!!

shaneykipps
Yes man! Mazel tov!!
Old 06-15-2023, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Of course the update is hours after my post. Up next is Natty and Stephanie.

Old 06-15-2023, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for putting the pressure on them to update us.

I wish this Instagram thing would be resolved. Until then, I guess this will be my baby daddy place holder image.

People
Just Jared
Pop Sugar

And an interview done with TV Insider for The Wedding Contract.

Quote:
You’ve now done a Christmas movie, a Hanukkah movie, and a wedding movie for Hallmark. What’s still on your Hallmark bucket list?

What should be next? Throw in some other holidays. A baby? Throw in the next generation. Being a young parent and navigating everything. I haven’t gone out to look for these opportunities to do a Hallmark movie. They’ve come to me and I think they’re really sweet. The world can be super stressful, and these movies are nice, right? They’re calming and fun and kind of an escape. And so it’s fun to do it. But yeah, if you have any tips on what should be the next step… Maybe the baby movie. I think I nailed it. I think that’s probably next on the list.
Read more: ‘The Wedding Contract’: Jake Epstein Explains Why This Love Story Is ‘More Human’ Than Most on Hallmark
Old 11-26-2023, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He has had a busy year but made sure to make time for a holiday movie..

Laughing All the Way premieres tonight on Lifetime at 8pm. It also airs in Canada. Details below.

officialjakeepstein
A little preview of an extremely important song I got to write and perform in Laughing All the Way.

And of course, some BTS pics with the amazing cast I got to work with. Airs tonight at 8 pm on @lifetimetv !

w_network
Sometimes a push in the right direction, can lead to dreams coming true. #LaughingAllTheWay, all new Wednesday at 8pm, only on W.
Stream on @STACKTV. #CountdownToChristmas⁠
Old 11-30-2023, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm glad he brought back his IG, and with that, he recently had a sweet post about Vanessa.

officialjakeepstein- No, it’s not @vanessasmythe’s birthday today.

I just wanted to post about this amazing human. Without her I wouldn’t be able to do my tour (or to be honest, function like a semi normal person in the world)
She’s been Mama to Miles while I’ve been driving all over Ontario and in Montreal doing my tour. And on top of that, she’s been working herself. And on top of that, she was the one who encouraged me to write my show in the first place. And on top of that, I love her so much.

Here’s a snap of me holding her tight after a preview.

Old 12-08-2023, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think one of his Hallmark Christmas movies is playing on TV in the other room so I'm gonna try to wrap this up quick. (Christmas in Maple Valley is also available to stream on Peacock)

He has been busy on stage lately...performed 100 shows last night! The last show is December 10th.

officialjakeepstein

7w
People have been asking me what I’ve been up to the last couple months…

Besides raising my favourite small human I’ve begun performing a tour of my one-person show Boy Falls From the Sky. We’re in Barrie, Ontario this week at the Five Points Theatre, and we are FILMING IT on Thurs Oct 19 and Oct 20 for an exciting thing to be announced later! If you’re close to Barrie, or missed it in Toronto at the Royal Alex, or want to rival seeing it as many times as my parents, come see it Thursday or Friday and come say hi after the show!

Go to tift.ca or link in bio for tickets.

segalcentre

Fall in love with Boy Falls From the Sky! Jake Epstein shares an intimate moment about falling in love in New York City. Spoilers, he gets the girl and the role!

segalcentre

Do you remember the first show you saw on Broadway? Well Jake sure remembers the TEN HOUR road trip from Toronto to New York!

segalcentre

Too tall to play a teenager?! Try bending your knees and you too can be on Degrassi with Drake!

segalcentre

Are you an actor who's been typecast? Jake knows how you feel...

So much so, he even wrote a song about it.

segalcentre

Auditioning.. am I right? This time, Jake books the role on the first try! But we all know that things never go according to plan...

To discover what happens after Jake books American Idiot, join us for the last two shows of Boy Falls From The Sky!
Old 01-16-2024, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It was this one's birthday on Tuesday. I don't anything else to post, but I guess I'll point out that this was his first birthday as a father. I'm guessing that had to be pretty cool.

Reply   Post New Thread