Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 07:25 AM
New Fan

Ohh I love them! So cute! Add me?
joanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Btw if anyone was still wondering about these two it's become pretty clear they are in fact dating.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

*BUMP*
This was subtle:
Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's actually cute and really awesome! I think these two are my favorite offscreen although my reasons are really superficial; Sam's by the far the best tweeter and Chloe, from what I can tell by her tumblr, is my art-loving tree-hugging twin. So I support this. Go out and have fun kids and come home and tweet about cats and reblog some Francesca Woodman.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

^ Yeah they both seem really wise despite how young they are. That's not to say they can't have some fun....

Was this their way of going public?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

for some cuteness

I guess they figured if everyone knows...

Chloe reblogging this is just... >.<

Also they went to see Paranormal Activity with Aislinn and Justin which is kinda adorable.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Moving away from The Apparently Not So Many Loves of Sam Earle & Chloe Rose for a sec, have KC and Katie even had a scene together? Maybe something through Marisol? They really did isolate KC throughout much of the Now or Never episodes, which makes some sense given his storyline. Hopefully that changes in 11.5.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

^ No they haven't but they were both at Movie Night (Katie with Jake, KC with Marisol) and clearly Marisol was telling Katie about KC. Honestly I think it would be pretty cool if these two ended up planning the next sports banquet or something. I'd like to see KC more involved with school. In a way they have a lot in common smart kids (well... KC was supposed to be) with an interest in sports. I just think it would make sense they'd end up spending time together.

Actually now that I think about it Drew and KC are besties and Katie is Drew's girlfriend... they should be having scenes. If it was a real high school, they clearly would be hanging out together.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 11-28-2011 at 09:25 PM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

They make me feel like such a lurker knowing this stuff. It's cute though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Actually now that I think about it Drew and KC are besties and Katie is Drew's girlfriend... they should be having scenes. If it was a real high school, they clearly would be hanging out together.
That drives me nuts when that happens. I think there's other times when you'd think that characters would be hanging out because of mutual friends *cough*ACES*cough*
Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

^ These writers just ignore opportunities. It's a wonder we had any Spinner/Paige/Hazel/Jimmy scenes at all.

So Chloe and Spencer had a live-chat on Saturday night and someone said they liked Chloe because she was dating Smearle. I really wish I had a gif of her reaction because it was the perfect mixture of amusement and disappointment. Anyway during the chat she called him which for me was a little creepy because it kinda felt like 100 people were eavesdropping on something really private. Under the creepiness it was a little cute though. For a private couple they're becoming a lot more public with their "together-ness."

Here's a smearloe flirty phone chat pic:

I have a bunch of other Chloe/Spencer caps from the chat I'll post in her thread (or the media thread... or somewhere) once I get them all cropped and resized.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Looking forward to more caps!

It's kind of strange to be a fan of the original DTNG actors as the episodes premiered, follow the online fandom, see their personal photos leaked from facebook etc, and know that they for the most part fought to keep a part of their private lives private. We won't ever get a live-chat with them. And I don't blame them; we're just a different group that grew up during a different time. There isn't many years that separate stuff like tumblr, twitter, or livestream. I think people that are the same age as Sam and Chloe are more likely to reach out on these sites. I hope they are being safe and not taking too much to heart.

Not that I think that anyone who supports these two is creepy! Just a random ramble about how things are so different with the original DTNG cast...and crew....online. It's kind of crazy.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Looking forward to more caps!

It's kind of strange to be a fan of the original DTNG actors as the episodes premiered, follow the online fandom, see their personal photos leaked from facebook etc, and know that they for the most part fought to keep a part of their private lives private. We won't ever get a live-chat with them. And I don't blame them; we're just a different group that grew up during a different time. There isn't many years that separate stuff like tumblr, twitter, or livestream. I think people that are the same age as Sam and Chloe are more likely to reach out on these sites. I hope they are being safe and not taking too much to heart.

Not that I think that anyone who supports these two is creepy! Just a random ramble about how things are so different with the original DTNG cast...and crew....online. It's kind of crazy.
I completely agree with this. And I think it's getting to the point where this is becoming a huge problem. For some reason I've always seen the Degrassi actors as actors and not celebs. They go to regular schools, they're out and about in Toronto, and so it just seemed like they weren't going to be treated like celebs either. But I think that all changed the day Melinda got her official twitter account. She had a fan facebook before then but again that seemed like a wall was still up. She'd post pics, they'd get posted on forums, maybe icons would be made, but that was about the end of it. But with twitter it's almost like having a conversation with someone. And since the Degrassi cast replies to their fans a lot it seems to lure people into the sense that these people aren't actor they're your friends. Or something like that. It's the impression I get from others.

I think this is dangerous because it leads some fans to feel like they're untitled to knowing all about the actors' private lives. For me it's one thing if they want to go public: watching Chloe and Sam tweet back and forth is really cute. But it can also get to the point where people start completely disregarding the cast's privacy.
Recently Melinda made a post on her tumblr after someone hacked into a new cast member's email and facebook account:
Minderella takes the world, Not cool
Quote:
I like to think that the Degrassi cast posts enough personal photos to share with everyone. I even made this tumblr to have a more laid back tone than my twitter. What isn’t cool is hacking our castmember’s real private facebook accounts, hotmail, twitter or making fake accounts of everyone to get our personal information. Yes our jobs make our lives more public and open however we are entitled to some privacy. I mean.. I really don’t want every picture I own up on the internet and i’m sure you wouldn’t either. By doing that it jeopardizes our fanbase, personal life, work, ..everything really. Obviously the girl who hacked Joelle Farrow regrets her decision but just so you know, Joelle went into major stress mode. Everything was in her hotmail and she couldnt access it.. not even her school work. So yea, hope you got what you want, enjoy our pictures. But taking them makes us want to post nothing. So please everyone, take this and our privacy into consideration. Thank you.
And this is just getting out of control. I mean I see it all the time on tumblr. Search any cast member's name and you're sure to find photos that someone shouldn't have. And I just don't remember this being a problem five years ago. Yes I remember some of Stacey's facebook photos getting leaked but not to this degree. I think that's what the problem is that now the actors are going to be constantly questioning what they put online, what their friends are going to put online, and that's not fair to them.

As for the livechats, I like them save for the moments they get strange or hateful. Someone was sending Chloe hate in the chat and I think that's just ridiculous. And when the quality is awful like with this Chloe/Spencer chat. They're a good way to give fans that "personal connection" -type feeling while it being on the actor's terms. It also gives actors who aren't in the spotlight some time to answer questions. I mean Munro and Annie do like 800 interviews a month but no one even bothered to record the episode of NML that AJ was on. So when AJ does a live chat it kinda makes up for it. Same for Chloe and Spencer. So I think that's really an advantage.

And I do like twitter. Because let's face it getting a tweet from a Degrassi star kinda makes you smile. Then again that's on their terms and I think that's the important element of all this.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Extreme Fan

joanxx, I added you ! Those pictures ! I agree with all the stuff about Facebook and such ...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Re the Degrassi cast and social networking sites:
Yes, I think it is a sense of entitlement. There’s a part of me that understands how a fan might feel that way (I had a crazy crush on Brad Renfro as a young teen, I’ve been there) or even just have a curiousty about the cast and want a peek into their real lives. I think as you grow older you understand how this might make the people you are lurking in on feel and think twice about it. Until then, it seems like it’s up to the Degrassi kids to know how much to share and best protect themselves (which sucks because they are so young themselves). I hope that production gathers them up and talks to them about how to handle fans and their parents are supportive and involved. These social sites that allow celebrities to interact with fans have a way of blurring the boundaries.

Even without them, fans start to develop a relationship with the actor in their own head. I still remember being blown away by hearing about how a fan showed up at Jake Epstein’s house, sat down and interacted with his parents while she waited for him to come home because she was a “friend.” It sounded like they handled it well and he giggled (nervously) when telling the story, but something like that is pretty scary. And this was before he had a twitter…don’t blame the guy for not @ replying the fans.

I appreciate what social networks can do for the show and how the fans feel like they are getting to know the cast personally. But at the same time it does make me worry. I hope some balance is met because I think with our not big name celebrity cast fans can get away with more. It’s like there’s this unsaid rule about how it’s okay to see the pictures because the actor themselves posted them online somewhere. I snoop up on old classmates on facebook. I can see how it would feel like it’s the same with the Degrassi kids because there’s not a hype around them like the Disney kids. But they don’t want you to know details about their lives. We’re not any different than them. Sometimes you don’t want certain people to know your favorite bands etc. or even let certain people see what you do on the weekends, much less a person you don’t know. Treat the cast as you would like to be treated.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Extreme Fan

^THIS !
Reply   Post New Thread