Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 05:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Pillow Pals Appreciation #2: Because Liberty is JT's Dream Girl!

Welcome to the JT/Liberty appreciation board number 2! Finally a place to share our love for this potential couple.
Credit for the banner goes to: lj comm="01 bannerrequest"

JT/Liberty (Pillow Pals) shippers:
1. 80sbabygirl
2. EmmaMcBitchy
3. Evil Poptart
4. Mayberry
5. Sydney Summers
6. TwystJ
7. Jiberty Maniac
8. punkmusicc
9. PeIcEs oF Me
10. QueenBitch
11. CandyKiss304
12.Mariael311

Why we love Pillow Pals:
1. Because opposites attract
2. Because even Toby thinks JT should go for Liberty already
3. Because Liberty is JT's dream girl
4. Because she can keep JT's secret (the sewing)
5. Because JT thinks Liberty's cool
6. Because they have great and fun chemistry together
7. Because Liberty thinks JT's interesting
8. Because JT lusts for Liberty
9. Because the show has hinted at a hook-up forever
10. Because Liberty tried to help J.T. up when he fell (unlike Manny)
11. Because she knows he's the next Martha Stewart
12. Because she's J.T.'s little rebel
13. Because they make geography interesting
14. Because Riberty sounds so cute
15. Because his quest for a woman leads to her
16. Because he took the D for her
17. Because she lets her hair down around him
18. Because their teasing is so pleasing
19. Because their banter is beautiful
20. Because Season 4 may be our reward
21. Because J.T. heats up Liberty's hot tub
22. Because they are far from B-O-R-I-N-G.

Last edited by 80sBabygirl; 09-25-2004 at 11:18 PM
Old 08-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread! Already at our second.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Can i be added to the list, I juss started to really like Libery and Jt and hope they end up together
Old 08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay a new a thread! It's so cool to know that we're still going on strong with this couple. I think that the fact that there might actually be some development this year will is making me just so excited.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I added you PeIcEs oF Me. Welcome to the board! Glad you hopped on the Pillow Pals ship. Look forward to reading your posts.

It's great to be on board #2. Hopefully as Degrassi begins its new season, they'll be even more fans of JT/Liberty. I am so excited for next season. I'm having a good feeling about a Pillow Pals hook-up. If only we could see those darn promo pictures...
Old 08-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome aboard PeIcEs oF Me. Thanks for joining the thread. =D

I had been working on this JT/Liberty..."thing" I guess you can call it, for this thread since we didn't have one previously and the pics are really, really hard to find.

Hope you guys like it.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, that is so cool Jiberty Maniac!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Emmy.

Oh man I was just at the Manny/JT shippers thread and I thought it was so funny someone said this:

"I totally hope these two become a real couple. I would be extremely disappointed if all this flirting, googly-eyed smiling at each other didn't lead to anything."

I feel like that's what we've been saying the entire time with JT/Liberty. Little do they know that we have 3 seasons worth of things to talk about and they only have two thirds of one season.

When I read their posts over their it's almost as if both sides of the fence are patiently holding their breaths until Season 4 begins.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome job, Jiberty Maniac!

Welcome to the forum, Peices of Me. I'm hoping you're the first of many new PP fans.

Yea for a new thread!!! We are some loyal posters. Hopefully, the show will give us enough interaction for yet another thread, and another thread after that.

The journal entries give me hope. I like the idea of Manny playing matchmaker for our Pillow Pals. That way, they'll all remain friends. And I'm still in shock that Liberty is hosting hot tub soirees.

icon
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Absolute Fan

That is a great banner, Jiberty Maniac! I don't go over to the Manny/JT thread, but I think we deserve a hook-up more. Sorry. It's time.

And hey Mayberry! I agree, I hope this is the start of many threads about Pillow Pals. This thread makes me smile. The journal entries may be more true than I previously thought. It does surprise me that Liberty's the one with the hot tub, but her brother's there, too, so I don't know. I'm glad we get a peek at Liberty's home life. I would love to see JT's as well. He especially needs some other storylines besides his "hot girl" complex and being funny. On another board, some were talking about Liberty having a new boyfriend this season (they were talking about that one script) and wondering who it would be (many seemed to think JT! ). Someone said Liberty's father might have a problem with Liberty dating if she dates interracially (if she were dating JT) and I thought they'd be an interesting thing to showcase for a Liberty/JT relationship. Don't think the show would do it, but I just think it would be interesting, and to see what lengths JT would be willing to date Liberty anyway. Makes me wonder what Liberty's father thought of Towerz...
Old 08-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl
That is a great banner, Jiberty Maniac! I don't go over to the Manny/JT thread, but I think we deserve a hook-up more. Sorry. It's time.

And hey Mayberry! I agree, I hope this is the start of many threads about Pillow Pals. This thread makes me smile. The journal entries may be more true than I previously thought. It does surprise me that Liberty's the one with the hot tub, but her brother's there, too, so I don't know. I'm glad we get a peek at Liberty's home life. I would love to see JT's as well. He especially needs some other storylines besides his "hot girl" complex and being funny. On another board, some were talking about Liberty having a new boyfriend this season (they were talking about that one script) and wondering who it would be (many seemed to think JT! ). Someone said Liberty's father might have a problem with Liberty dating if she dates interracially (if she were dating JT) and I thought they'd be an interesting thing to showcase for a Liberty/JT relationship. Don't think the show would do it, but I just think it would be interesting, and to see what lengths JT would be willing to date Liberty anyway. Makes me wonder what Liberty's father thought of Towerz...
Oh, I'd love it if they chose JT/Liberty for the interracial relationship storyline. They covered it wonderfully in classic Degrassi with BT/Michelle. Chris/Emma don't have that much chemistry yet in my eyes (plus they probably won't last if the journal is any kind of clue), but JT/Liberty have known each other for 3 years, but still haven't seen each other's homes. It would make sense- familiarity, but something new at the same time.

I kinda doubt Liberty's dad has met Towerz at length. I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty said she was meeting a friend and was really with him. But who's to say? I don't care about their relationship now that he's gone. I'm just looking forward to JT/Liberty firsts...kiss, date, etc.

Do you know where that script is where people think Liberty has a new boyfriend? I'd love to see it!!

icon
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl
ITA!!!! I just lurk there to see what they're talking about and how they view JT's one-sided infactuation with Manny. It's interesting to read what they have to say. Like a lot of them are very wary of Liberty this season as she might pose a problem to the possibility of JT/Manny. And again, most of what they claim is that Manny and JT are just so darn "cute" or "adorable" together. IMO, that really not a valid reason to why they should even hook up. It's all about the chemistry. The chemistry!

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl On another board, some were talking about Liberty having a new boyfriend this season (they were talking about that one script) and wondering who it would be (many seemed to think JT! ).
Must see script!!!! Do you possibly have the link?

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl Someone said Liberty's father might have a problem with Liberty dating if she dates interracially (if she were dating JT) and I thought they'd be an interesting thing to showcase for a Liberty/JT relationship. Don't think the show would do it, but I just think it would be interesting, and to see what lengths JT would be willing to date Liberty anyway. Makes me wonder what Liberty's father thought of Towerz...
It would seem weird that Liberty's father would have a problem overall with JT and not with Towerz. (Man if she brought Sean home he would've definitely had a heart attack.) If that were the case Liberty's dad would have to be EXTREMELY racist beyond belief. But I believe I read somewhere that Liberty's dad barely has like 7 lines or something to that effect. That's hardly enough to make a real impact in the story no. I mean it's one thing to show Marco's dad being homophobic, I mean all he has to do is make snide remarks, unless Liberty s going to be like "Whatever" to anything her dad says.

Though, one of his lines was something like "My daughter is finally growing up." I don't think that the problem lays with Liberty dating in general. I believe it's less about the dating and more about the fact that she's growing up and making her own decisions in general. Also, didn't she make comments about the Student Elections coming up and wanting to run for Student Council President, even though her dad is like "FOCUS ON YOUR GRADES!!!"

That's my 2 cents on that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayberry Oh, I'd love it if they chose JT/Liberty for the interracial relationship storyline. They covered it wonderfully in classic Degrassi with BT/Michelle.
That would be cool though, considering the kind of people JT/Liberty are how would they react in that type of situation? Though it would've made more sense with Emma/Chris, but like you said, who cares about that. They're over and done with. *phew*
Old 08-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Jiberty Maniac and Mayberry, it's just the script with the fight b/w Danny and JT and the fact that in the description of Liberty's father, they mention that Liberty has a boyfriend, so it's not a whole new script or anything. I guess most people kind of speculated on what could be going on there.

I agree that Liberty's father's issue is probably Liberty making her own choices. The journal entry was very telling. It would seem though that Liberty's father would have had an issue with Towerz, but maybe like Mayberry said, Liberty didn't tell him about Towerz, just said she had a "friend." But now she's standing up for her decisions and wants her father to know that she is dating. I'm curious about how Danny fits in here, and how he feels about this, if he were to get into a fight with JT.

Maybe the JT/Manny shippers are worried about the chemistry b/w JT/Liberty .

Last edited by 80sBabygirl; 08-30-2004 at 10:16 AM
Old 08-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, okay, 80sBabyGirl. I've seen that portion of the script. Yeah, I'm guessing it's JT that's the boyfriend or something. I also agree that if the Dad only has seven lines, then chances are he's not racist.

I'd be worried if I was a JT/Manny fan , especially after reading her journal. You're right, Jiberty Maniac. The main reason Degrassi fans want them paired up is because they're cute. I'd never discourage anyone from supporting a ship (), but everything is just stacked in Liberty and J.T.'s favor--the chemistry, especially. It's time for the writers to deliver.

Does anyone know where Liberty's mom is? I always found it interesting that Liberty's mom is AWOL, as is J.T.'s dad apparently. Something they can bond over...

icon
Old 08-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh man I have still have yet to see that script. I honestly haven't.

::is totally out of the loop::
Closed Thread   Post New Thread