Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Extreme Fan

She will!

I kind of picture them like Sean and Emma???
Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
But that doesn't excuse the way he was treating her earlier. Those writers better have an ace up their sleeve to win me over!
Well, to use some Degrassi related terms, perhaps she found herself in too deep into something and he's one of those that helps pull her out?

I agree they need to have him do something to give her a legitimate reason to view him differently than she does now.

Either way, at this point, I'm about 90% convinced they're going to happen this season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 07-09-2011 at 04:41 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Owen was in the new Teen Nick promo!

It went by really fast... like a blink-and-you-miss-it clip. Anyway...

He's definitely talking to Anya. There's no way he's not. He also looks pretty mad, so... maybe he WILL try to help her?

Also, this seems to be taking place around the same scene as when she struts in with (Bianca?) and the blonde chick.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
New Fan

I like this a lot, it'll give a shot for Owen to show a better side of him after being a complete jerk for most of his run so far. Hopefully it'll set him up to be a good lead character too, because AFAIK, him, Eli, and Drew are the only ongoing male seniors at the moment. With Drew stepping it up for the next season, and Eli already playing a primary role, Owen's getting left behind in terms of screentime. Hopefully those last few episodes of last season will play as more than just a setup and actually turn into a worthwhile story arc. It's looking sorta promising.

And plus these two are practically in love in real life
LsK101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I definitely wanna see him redeem himself after treating her the way he did last season. Maybe he'll help her out with whatever problem she's gonna be faced with (drug addiction, alcohol?).
Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 PM
New Fan

LOVING IT

(though this picture is unrealistic as no one studies in high school)
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Not true. People study in high school... they just do it at the last minute. And by last minute, I mean skimming through their notes during lunch before an exam.

Also... I know Owen is a complete scumbag and that if I knew him in real life, I would hate him, but... I really like the idea of Owen and Anya together, for some reason.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

I usually hate guys like him in real life, but Owen is the kind of character that might have some layers beneath hthe exterior. Whereas thos type of guys in RL, don't have any layers. They're just plain jerks. Or at lost those I've known in High School.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Anya promo.

Now I'm trying to figure out if that Anya/Owen scene in that promo shot comes before or after the club scene.

I mean... Anya's smiling, so...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
New Fan

It's kinda hard to ship these two after tonight's episode (I gave my full opinion in the discussion thread and don't feel like C&P'ing it here ) but I still want these two to end up working out. The rebound thing isn't a problem. We all knew that would happen, and some good relationships actually come off of rebounds, but Owen didn't show a better side of himself at all in tonight's episode. And no, that last line before the kiss doesn't count. He still sounded like a jerkoff when he said it. It just worked somehow.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Owen's definitely a jerkoff. He's not secretive about it. But somehow, it's part of his charm and I think Anya sees it too.

"You're not too good for me, Anya."
"It's never gonna happen again."

From the promo it looks like Owen though that Anya was this unobtainable and innocent good girl that couldn't be into him, but since she had sex with him, I guess he's thinking Anya isn't what she seems. And of course, by Anya saying they're not gonna happen, it just means that they inevitably will.

If it turns out she makes him a better type of guy, I really would like to see this pairing. He's an ass, but there have been worse in the Degrassiverse . I can see them becoming the next Jay/Manny.

In case no one's seen this vid:

Daniel Kelly (Owen) liked it, and must've got an exec to look at it because it looked like they followed a plot similar to the vid tonight.

icon and user; Emy
Demonic Angel Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Add me! I feel like they have a lot of chemistry and I really like the idea of these two.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Endless Obsession ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Favorite part of the episode
nj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

In the scene where he sits at the table and asks her (in the way it seems like he can) how her date went and she just walks away without saying anything, if you notice him in the background as she's walking away you'll see him getting pissed off with himself for acting the way he just did. That was a nice little moment. And yeah, I did like the bit in the gif above.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I have to say... I really like Daniel Kelly's acting. I mean, even when he doesn't have many lines, he makes the most of it - but it's not like... too over the top? I dunno how to explain it, haha.
Reply   Post New Thread