Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So I was at Bumbershoot this weekend. Sleater-Kinney closed their set with Emperor's New Clothes! I think I'll upload that one to YouTube. I have a bunch of short clips of Carrie Brownstein that I might edit into a reel. I ended up on in a Bumbershoot reel for them The girl in front of me must be Claire. She and her girlfriend were super cute all night. The Sleater-Kinney lesbian crowd was more my vibe than the AFI moshers. Wow. What a show. Super intense, someone was in medical distress after Davey crowd surfed, we thought it was the baby brought to the show (!). I sat down and smoked a joint afterwards.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Speaking of joints, there's an outer court at the complex where they play the US Open tennis tournament that borders a public park which has apparently become notorious for having a lot of people partaking in the now legalized activity of ingesting marijuana. There have been a couple players that have complained about the smell coming from that park saying that it overwhelms to court.

As for Sleater-Kinney, I've only seen them once, opening for Pearl Jam in Philadelphia in 2005. They were great and closed their set with a cover of Danzig's Mother. Later on they joined the headliners for a few songs, including Rockin' in the Free World .

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Unstable woman with steady hands shot this video.

Old 12-28-2023, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Went to a Mexican restaurant in Pharr, Tx and they were playing Degrassi on one of the TVs .
I was surprised. That's like catching a rare pokemon in the wild.
They were playing a marathon of season 14 episodes.
Shout out to "Calacas Tacos & Beer". 💀

Old 03-26-2024, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

As is the case with many, especially those of a certain age, I had to wake up in the middle of the night to run to the bathroom. In this case it was about 5:30 in the morning and after laying back down I instinctively checked the notifications on my phone and saw the video below. I've gone over the Key Bridge a number of times over the years so one literally hit close to home. I'm still amazed at how quick it came down, and that it didn't lead to more casualties. Sadly, though, there's still six who did lose their lives.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That video continues to shock and terrify me. How quickly it all comes down. And it brought back memories of the 35W bridge collapse in the Twin Cities (I wasn't living there at the time but wow, I drove it in the past). 17 years ago! 17 years ago.

These might be triggering for some.