Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandagirl (View Post)
Whenever I'm around people, I don't know what to say or do. Like I feel uncomfortable hugging people
Are you a shy person or have social anxiety? I used to be painfully shy but since working I've come out little by little. It definitely gets better, and you'll find a partner the more you relax and have people notice you

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Sweet Embrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelx (View Post)
I think men know exactly what they're doing. They think they have the power over us, but they don't, we do
Amen!! Yes, we do.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know what you mean Miranda. However, I can't relate to you case because I'm a recluse. I get like that around my mom and I live with her. When she talks to me on the occasion I always feel too nervous to reply
Old 08-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whenever I'm around people, I don't know what to say or do. Like I feel uncomfortable hugging people
There's nothing wrong with that, not everyone is a hug person. And not knowing what to say or do around people is just part of being shy. I know that because I used to be extremely, EXTREMELY shy. But then, later in life, I found out that I wasn't shy when I found people I could relate to, you know, share the same interests (specially if said people wouldn't randomly comment on or joke about how shy I was). Some people can talk about anything. Not everyone is like that, though, and that's perfectly normal
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

my relationship has gotten hard since we've moved in together. we had to, obviously, having had a child together. it was hard when we lived 100 miles apart and he was working 60 hours a week and my daughter and I'd only get to see him for about 40 hours on the weekend, half of which at least one of us (grownups, the baby ALWAYS) was sleeping. I've only ever lived with my parents before, so living with my boyfriend is a huge change. at 26, I'm finally an adult.

since moving in together, we've gained custody of his recently discovered toddler, and I've become a stay-at-home mom of two. it's hard because this poor little boy was torn from his momma (who caused a 5-car accident while under the legal limit, but still under the influence of pot) when she went to jail. my boyfriend had never been in his life before. and my boyfriend just doesn't know what to do with kids! he almost never changes a diaper, and when he does, he acts like I'm making him do the worst thing in the world.

meanwhile I'm helping him figure out court papers, calling the social worker and meeting with him, being hassled by the kid's grandmother to allow her to visit him (she's seen him tons!), paying all the bills (he's giving me the cash, but it's hard getting to the bank to deposit it with two kids in tow!), trying to keep up with laundry and dishes and cook for a fickle toddler in a house that reaches almost 90 degrees downstairs on hot days.

and on the weekends when he's actually home he's working on the house, putting on a new roof, wiring in rooms that didn't have power, fixing every little thing under the sun. and it's hard because I miss him. and his son has actually grown attached to him even in these limited conditions, and he misses him. my daughter is still too young to care much about anyone but me, but soon enough she'll miss her dad too.

it's just all gotten really stressful these last three months. and now my car has been rear-ended and they're trying to charge us with negligence (aka breakchecking which 100%) didn't happen, the mother is out of jail and trying to get my stepson back and if not wants liberal unsupervised visits and I don't want her anywhere near my house or my daughter. I love my boyfriend, but it's really hard. I'm grateful for him and all he does for us, I just sometimes feel like he's not realizing how much I'm doing, too. I tell him, and he's just like, I know. but I don't feel like he does.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I felt stressed just reading it all, so I can only imagine what it must be for you right now, Ellie, I'm so sorry
Old 08-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by then you must kiss me (View Post)
my relationship has gotten hard since we've moved in together. we had to, obviously, having had a child together. it was hard when we lived 100 miles apart and he was working 60 hours a week and my daughter and I'd only get to see him for about 40 hours on the weekend, half of which at least one of us (grownups, the baby ALWAYS) was sleeping. I've only ever lived with my parents before, so living with my boyfriend is a huge change. at 26, I'm finally an adult.

since moving in together, we've gained custody of his recently discovered toddler, and I've become a stay-at-home mom of two. it's hard because this poor little boy was torn from his momma (who caused a 5-car accident while under the legal limit, but still under the influence of pot) when she went to jail. my boyfriend had never been in his life before. and my boyfriend just doesn't know what to do with kids! he almost never changes a diaper, and when he does, he acts like I'm making him do the worst thing in the world.

meanwhile I'm helping him figure out court papers, calling the social worker and meeting with him, being hassled by the kid's grandmother to allow her to visit him (she's seen him tons!), paying all the bills (he's giving me the cash, but it's hard getting to the bank to deposit it with two kids in tow!), trying to keep up with laundry and dishes and cook for a fickle toddler in a house that reaches almost 90 degrees downstairs on hot days.

and on the weekends when he's actually home he's working on the house, putting on a new roof, wiring in rooms that didn't have power, fixing every little thing under the sun. and it's hard because I miss him. and his son has actually grown attached to him even in these limited conditions, and he misses him. my daughter is still too young to care much about anyone but me, but soon enough she'll miss her dad too.

it's just all gotten really stressful these last three months. and now my car has been rear-ended and they're trying to charge us with negligence (aka breakchecking which 100%) didn't happen, the mother is out of jail and trying to get my stepson back and if not wants liberal unsupervised visits and I don't want her anywhere near my house or my daughter. I love my boyfriend, but it's really hard. I'm grateful for him and all he does for us, I just sometimes feel like he's not realizing how much I'm doing, too. I tell him, and he's just like, I know. but I don't feel like he does.
Oh my god, well first of all I am sorry about what you are dealing with
However difficult and stressful it is, you will see some light at the end of this dark tunnel sometime/somehow. I think communication with your partner plays a vital part. You have to keep on telling him how you feel and try to work out ways about how you can handle all of those situations. A problem shared with him is a problem halved, so you feel that you don't have to face it alone. It's admirable how you're trying to cope and you will find it easier to cope because things will settle soon enough. Just support each other with the children. About all the other things, you need to work as a team with your partner. You and him together can conquer it, you need to "meet each other halfway."
I hope things will get better for you, I really do
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh, Ellie, it sounds like you have been put in a very stressful situation for anyone. Right now, you are probably at one of the most stressful times of your life. If you and your boyfriend can make it through this, then you can make it through anything. Communication is vital. I know it's hard to do when you have so little time, and when you do try to communicate with him, he may think of it as nagging
Old 08-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is it alright if I rant about a guy who doesn't like me back?
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Hey sweetie, he must be dumb to not like you
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
i've said it before but he is an idiot, a major jerk.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
like a perfect storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
Of course you can rant here And I think all of us has probably been in that position before, like someone who didn't feel the same way.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course you can rant
Old 09-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll have to type up a story here when I get the time...
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Something weird happened tonight... My ex/the guy I lost my virginity to readded me on Facebook after I'm certain he'd blocked me. I never expected to hear from him again. I'm not going to read too into it. If he wants to be friends, okay. It's been a year and half since we've spoken.
darkxtwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread