Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Pregnancy test question for the ladies..

Hypothetically speaking, if you have unprotected sex the morning before you get your period and then the week after it ends, when do you take a pregnancy test? In a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or when your monthly friend doesn't visit four weeks later? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Age-a-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

sorry i don't really know the exact answer to that, we're always bombared with theories as to what the pregnancy risks are where periods are concerned, but i would just take tests at all those times you mentioned. and if you were (hypothetically) really freaked, there's always the morning after pill if it's not too late for it.

i had to take a pregnancy test on my birthday once, while all my mates waited in the lounge room for the result. crazy.
+and just go flying+
.::+::.Zeb.::+::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

But wouldn't the morning after pill not work if the time you actually got pregnant was the morning before your period?

Old 01-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Total Fan

I hate periods, they screw up everything. I shouldn't be posting here because I actually have no idea whatsoever, I wonder myself how that all works, I'll especially be concerned when I start having sex I'm sure [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Hmmmm... did you try looking anything like that up online? They usually have documents from stating how that works... ?

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
under the table and dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Stuff I find online, I usually take it with a grain of salt.

One webpage told me that someone who has unprotected sex can take an HGC test--anywhere from a day after they have it to a week later--and it'll tell them accurately if they are pregnant or not. But one of my friends--who has a child--says that you can't really tell a week later and that you'll have to either wait until 2 weeks later (then you can take a blood test) or wait until after you miss your period (then you can take an e.p.t test)

Old 01-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

If you get pregnant late enough in your cycle, it's possible you could still get your next period. I don't know much about the morning after pill, so I can't really comment on that. But as far as the pregnancy test goes, you could probably just wait until you're supposed to get your next period. I know there are tests now that you can take when you're only one day late. If you are freaked out about it and don't want to wait, I guess you could try to take one sooner, I don't know how accurate it would be though.

I also took a pregnancy test while my freinds waited with me. It was actually the week after my birthday though.

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

My friends are telling me not to freak out because it JUST happened. But, how am I supposed to not freak out? I just had unprotected sex w/my boyfriend who I haven't even been w/for an entire month yet...I have the right to be freaked out!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Total Fan

Is there a Planned Parenthood you could go to around where you live to ask these questions? I think asking them here, you're just going to get a bunch of different answers. I wish I could help you, it's so scary thinking that you might be pregnant... so you should really go see if you can talk to a doctor or something, instead of waiting. Those few days of waiting will be hell otherwise. Or, like a previous post said, you can still get pregnant if you're late in your cycle, therefore you'd have to wait an entire month to see if you get your period. Go talk to someone so this isn't on your shoulders.

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
under the table and dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Total Fan

You have every right to be freaked out. I found out I was pregnant when I was 18, it's a scary thing. But your friends are right, it just happened. Don't worry so much until you know for sure. Stress can also throw off your periods. You should just relax and wait to see if you get your period. If not, then you can take the test and find out for sure.

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Extreme Fan

I *think* it is more accurate after your period is due, but I'm not sure. You can ones specifically to take before your period is due, or wait until it is due. It is best to test in the morning too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. If you go to a planned parenthood place they will test you for free.

It takes a while for the egg to implant so you don't actually get pregnant straight after sex, the egg has to travel, which is why you ca take the morning after pill for up to 72 hours.

Good Luck, and don't stress though I know it's practically impossible not to, but it will through things out of wack if you worry too much.

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

One of my teachers told us that if we ever found out we were pregnant/thought we were pregnant, we should immedialy go to this place called 'Hope' since their are no planned pregnancy places around here. But then she found out that 'hope' is actually a place for people who want to be persuaded to not get an abortion.

I guess I'll have to wait 4 more weeks.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited Age-a-licious ]

Old 01-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

You could search online for any nearby?
One of my friends went to the sexual health centre near us and she meet one of our teachers there! Teachers don't have lives outside school though do they [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]?

Old 01-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Thanks to all of those who answered my question. I finally got in touch w/someone at planned pregnancy (It took me a good hour to find the number) and they told me that I can take a test in 2 weeks but it'd be more accurate if I missed my period and THEN took the test.

Wish me luck!

Old 01-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious:
<STRONG>Thanks to all of those who answered my question. I finally got in touch w/someone at planned pregnancy (It took me a good hour to find the number) and they told me that I can take a test in 2 weeks but it'd be more accurate if I missed my period and THEN took the test.

Wish me luck!</STRONG>
The best of luck to you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I really hope things go the way you want them too. It's weird wanting to get your period [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

Old 01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious:
<STRONG>But wouldn't the morning after pill not work if the time you actually got pregnant was the morning before your period?</STRONG>
I rhink it still would work, but I'm not actually sure.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing & waiting till you actually miss your period for this coming month. That is when the results would be the most accurate. I hope everything turns out ok for you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread