Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I say sweetheart, hon, kiddie winkles and kiddo a lot. I also have cod words for love, between my best friend and I. It's so funny.
SpinBeneathCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

My husband and I call each other babe/baby, usually in a casual "Hey Babe" kind of way. We only resort to other terms of endearment if we're being silly in some way.

I used to call my friends babe, hon, etc., but I hardly ever do it now. Yesterday I got some tea at Tim Horton's and the girl working there added 'doll' to the end of everything--"Here's your tea, doll; is that everything, doll? Here's your change, doll; thanks, doll, have a great day!" But it was weird and annoying, especially since she was my age.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
I hate being called babe, darling by anyone outside my family/friends. Someone at work - who is actually a director of the company! - insists on calling all the girls in the office babe, darling, gorgeous etc. And it p!sses everyone off! It's so sleezy, because he's like 65, and he's saying it to girls who are young enough to be his grand children!
Yeah it totally depends on who's saying it. I hate it when creepy men call me anything like babe or honey. Ugh. It makes me feel really uneasy

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by secret boyfriend
my guy loves it when a girl calls him baby. i usually do in a jokey kind of way. but more often than not, i call him Man, like "thanks, Man!" and he calls me Woman.
my guy friends call me woman when they want me to do stuff like pick them up or go somewhere -

I don't particularly mind what my friends/boyf call me but i tend to hate sappy stuff - i just start laughing

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kat-
hate it when creepy men call me anything like babe or honey. Ugh. It makes me feel really uneasy
Yeah the token creepy randoms at clubs or parties saying babe/sweetie or darling is icky-
~Jules~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Jules~

I don't particularly mind what my friends/boyf call me but i tend to hate sappy stuff - i just start laughing
early in our relationship my bf, i dunno, felt he needed to have pet names for me. and he randomly called me "schnookums" - i burst out laughing. i hope i didn't hurt his feelings too much. then we turned the whole pet names thing into a joke and for a couple days it would be like "hamster", "goldfish", "monkey"...yeah
then once he called me muffin and i sarcastically called him cupcake...and that sparked a debate about which is yummier, a muffin or a cupcake.

i can't help laughing unless it's totally casual and flows with the sentence, like 'hon' once in a while. that one just makes me smile.
e. e. cummings - somewhere i have never traveled
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have a teacher who calls us 'ducks'. It's really cute, I like it. Sometimes she calls us 'ducko' or something... lol
AGleefulFarewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FinleyN1derland
I used to not like names like that either.... Until i actually got a boyfriend. Then they just became the most natural thing.

I first started calling him My Love, that was over a year and a half ago though... and i don't say it as much. Then we both started saying Honey, but it started as a joke, then i gradually started using it more seriously. Now most often i'll say Babe, and sometimes Baby.

He calls me a lot of things too. But i'll let him post those if he wishes...
I call my g/f "Babe" a lot. I like calling her "kitten" too
Old 09-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

I usually call my friends "hon" or "sweetie." I used to not do that because it sounded kind of corny but after a while, it just happened. Mostly because my friends always say "hon" or "babe" and it rubbed off on me.

For the longest time I used to hate when people would call their girlfriend or boyfriend "baby" or "sweetheart" because it was usually used in the most corny ways. Like in movies when the guy looks in the girls eyes and says, "Oh, baby, I want you" and that just makes me want to laugh. But now ... it's kind of a habit with me.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

I wouldn't like being called any of those types of things, even by a guy, and I don't like using them. But to be honest, I think that's just an insecurity thing rather than a hatred for those sentiments so I don't know.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
kaykayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I always thought it'd be weird to have a guy called me babe, until my friend did it and I was like "awww!!!" or maybe that's just 'cause I like him... *shrug*
AGleefulFarewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread