Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

"Couple" things

Each relationship has little things that ara somehow significant to those in it. But what happens when you break up? Those little things sometimes haunt you in a way. They make it hard. What do you do about it? I've had friends who had a bonfire with it all, those who've sent it back to they're ex, and those who simply kept the stuff.

I keep it. I save everything, put it all in shoeboxes underneath my bed so that somday I can look at it all, and uonly I will know what all this junk is for.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I have a poem/song that one of my exes gave to me. The other day, I was looking through my dresser and found it. I'm not too sure if i even realized I still had it but that day, I reread it and put it back in my dresser. I don't think I could get rid of it. I'm really sentimental in that way, as I have to keep things that people gave me even if I've now lost touch with them...

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Charlize'sAngel ]
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I threw everything away as soon as we broke up. The teddy bear, the cards, the clothes, the roses I kept and dried out, the necklace he gave me for my birthday....

The way I am is that I was over him and I didn't want those reminders around. That and the fact that I was bitter that he loved me yet went out with one of my best friends right after we broke up so he could "get over me." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So, I chucked all of it away. It doesn't mean anything to me anymore and it never would. Might not be the case for future bfs but for him? I didn't want any reminders of that jerk.

If something ended on decent terms, I might keep those things, though!

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited *Juli* ]

Now I know what you all are thinking, "Josh bought the Usher CD and all of the sudden he thinks he's in Night at the Roxbury"... close but not true. - Josh Partington
*Juli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I have a ton of stuff like that. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I've kept in a shoe box even though my boyfriend and I are still together. Not to mention all the other stuff I have just around my room. I love all of it now, but I know it would make me sad if we broke up. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Not to mention all of our inside jokes, songs, and places we've been...

I don't know if I'd be able to keep it all, it'd be too hard to look at it.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FinleyN1derland:
<STRONG>I don't know if I'd be able to keep it all, it'd be too hard to look at it.</STRONG>
My current relationship is the most meaningful. I don't know quite what I'll do when we break up/
Old 01-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by missalana:
<STRONG>Each relationship has little things that ara somehow significant to those in it. But what happens when you break up? Those little things sometimes haunt you in a way. They make it hard. What do you do about it?</STRONG>
I've still got all of mine. They are in a box and I look at them from time to time. I think the hardest part though isn't the material things but the places that remind me of him. I can't not drive by them, but they always make me feel a twinge of sadness.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FinleyN1derland:
<STRONG>Yeah, I have a ton of stuff like that. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I've kept in a shoe box even though my boyfriend and I are still together. Not to mention all the other stuff I have just around my room. I love all of it now, but I know it would make me sad if we broke up. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Not to mention all of our inside jokes, songs, and places we've been...

I don't know if I'd be able to keep it all, it'd be too hard to look at it.</STRONG>

What sort of stuff do girls keep? I mean, the presents and stuff I can understand, but does all that stuff just get stuffed into a shoebox? Maybe I should reconsider buying jewlery, eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk:
<STRONG>What sort of stuff do girls keep? I mean, the presents and stuff I can understand, but does all that stuff just get stuffed into a shoebox? Maybe I should reconsider buying jewlery, eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
It depends on what was special to her, or to them. If they worked together/ went to school together, maybe a schedule that had both their names on it. Or a name tag. Or a receipt if they went somewhere and bought something. (Which is nice 'cause it has the date on it, in case you're wondering why we'd save a piece of paper.) If he complemented her on something she was wearing (even if he didn't give it to her) it'd still remind her of him. And that, threfore, would have to go into the box too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This is just from my own experience though. All girls are different.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>What sort of stuff do girls keep? I mean, the presents and stuff I can understand, but does all that stuff just get stuffed into a shoebox? Maybe I should reconsider buying jewlery, eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Well, I can't answer for everyone, but for me, the jewerly always stays out of the box with the rest of it. I know who gave it to me and what it means and sometimes I'll wear it. In my box are letters and cards and ticket stubs and pictures and other assorted things. But no matter what happens to the things in the shoebox, the jewerly stays in my jewerly box.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I pretty much get rid of all of it unless it's something good like my TV (which I probably should have given back, but I'm keeping it anyway, jerk)or good jewelry. All the rest of it goes.

Nah, actually I keep a lot of the "little things", but not as a reminder of the relationship but as a reminder of my life at that particular time. Sadly, alot of them are matchbooks. Is that bad?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't dwell on the past.

I mean you have it all up in your mind. You can just think about your past relationships without holding on to gifts and what not.

I do keep photos though.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Extreme Fan

For me, it's music that makes me remember. Certain songs..certain lyrics...yeah.. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited S A R A H ]
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy,
Living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
S A R A H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I, being insane, keep every little thing. I've got letters, notes, everything. Even a cigarette we shared when we met. Don't ask. I'm jut... abnormal.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Extreme Fan

My last relationship ended on really crap terms so I wanted to burn everything.

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I still keep pictures and stuff, but there are like certain places I can't go and certain songs I just can't listen to.
Sunshine Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread