Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Supreme Fan

if you're using them for long time use (i.e. perscription) then you should get the soft kind, you get used to them a lot easier and faster than the hard ones.

I use focus dailies they work for me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] my dr. said the costs eventually balance for the dailies or the two weeks, since you pay more initially for the dailies, but you don't have to buy cleaning solution which can get kinda pricy. plus you don't have to worry about losing them, if you do well toss the other one away because tomorrow you'll open a new pair anyways [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i love contacts because (they're easier to nap when i'm in class, stupid glasses get in the way [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I got my contacts about a month ago (not even).
I first went to the eye doctor and asked if I could get them, because the previous time, she didn't want to prescribe me lenses because she thought I was allergic to something or had hayfever. This time she didn't say anything besides ok. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So then she had me come back later in the week when my lenses had arrived. So her assistant told me what to do, you rinse it if necessary, you put it on the top of your indexfinger and with your middle finger of the same hand you pull your eye open at the bottom and with your other middlefinger you lift your eyelid. And then you poke the colored part of your eye and the lense sticks to it. But before you check if the lense is in the good shape, cause when it looks like a soup dish it's wrong, it needs to look like a keppel, a bowl.
Taking them out is just putting your index finger and your thumb on both sides of your lens and move them towards eachother (I personally find it helpfull to blink while I'm moving my fingers towards eachother).
And that's about it really. If I can do it so can you.
I do take them out in the evening and try to where my glasses for about two hours, so my eyes can have some more oxygen. I have soft lenses and I get new ones every month. You can order them for 6 months or a year and with or without the cleaning product.
I ordered them for 6 months and with the product and I have to pay 106 euros. Lenses are packaged per 6 months so if your eye sight has gotten worse and you haven't opened a package you can change it for your new euhhh strenght (is what we would call it in dutch), the adjusted kind that you would need to see perfect again).

Good luck with the lenses!!

Bunny # 218
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Just the thought of sticking my finger in my eye makes me queasy... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Supreme Fan

I got contacts just last year..and I love them. I also hate the way I look in glasses. For me, it was just weird the first couple of weeks...it was weird to have them in my eyes...I kept touching my eyeball [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]..
I'd definitely go to your optometrist and see if they can hook you up w/ a trial pair..that way you can really try them out and see how you like them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

i have hard contacts and boy do they hurt like heck, after 4 years of wearing them, i'm still not use to them. i can't wear soft lenses because my eyes are really sensitive and i have an issue with touching and putting things in my eye, so i have to use hard lenses cuz they're much smaller.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Heh- I have had them for a while- soft contacts that is. I dont think I could do hard contacts...

Mandie*
Old 03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I used to have reading glasses way back in the day... I have no clue where they are... and my eyesight is getting progressively worse since I *don*t* wear my glasses.. and I really want contacts.. I have naturally brown eyes... but I want blue contacts, cause I*ve always wanted blue eyes... and I also kinda want some glasses that*ll make me look smart.. that make any sense?? *lol*

-Dreamer-Groupie-YOR-DirtyBird-JB Obsessie-
*Sarah Marie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I wore glasses for like...four years before I managed to get contact lenses, and they're great. I also wear those disposable ones and they're great. Just...don't forget when you have to change them, 'cause sometimes I just manage to skip over the dates. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] You really cannot feel them once they're in your eyes and you can do everything you want. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I even go swimming with them on, I just avoid opening opening my eyes under water or just wear goggles. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Whimsical Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Not hard at all, they wont send you away until they show you how to use them its simple!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've had contacts since I was 18. I actually started out with them and got the glasses later. I didn't feel like having to keep up with something on my face all the time.

To reiterate other people's advice and throw in my own:

-Learning to put them in takes time. Looking at your nose is a good idea. Just don't look strait ahead. The most common problem when learning, is blinking too hard once they're in. That will cause them to fold up and fall off. Try to give them a second to stick to your eye before you blink. And once they have, blink two or three times fast to kind of stick them there.
-Disposables are definately the way to go. I used to have the single pair kind but wearing them for a long period of time, I started to get blotchy protein deposits on the lenses. It makes the world fuzzy and kind of hurts
-They are only uncomfortable in the first few weeks and not really that bad. They make your eyes feel kind of like you have been around onions or rubbed them too hard
-If they are not the overnights, sleeping in them is a bad idea. For me, at least, they adhere to my eyeball. That or, if I expose them to water (ie, in the pool, shower or rain storm)

Otherwise, they are really awesome. You will totally forget they're in and being able to see is nice too [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Ender's_Jane ]