Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cellphone

I want to get a cellphone, but I'm not sure if I should get one or not. Some people tell me it's good for emergencies only. Some people tell me I shouldn't get it because your friends will call you a lot.
Lucas and Brooke // Jake and Peyton
Clark and Lana
the_rock_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just like you, I didn't think I could need a cell phone and one day I took my car to be repaired and I wandered in the city all the afternoon long, because they told me to come back at 5PM (it was 2). So at 5 I went to the garage and the guy told me he tried to reach me at home because he had to order the piece to be replaced on my car. But of course, I was not at home, and I didn't have a cell phone where he could have reach me.

Now I do have a cell phone, and it's very useful

Thanks kate, SOD :
I love Ron... he's so boring...
~ RP + VL ~
valé. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Cell phones are very useful. Especially if you drive... Or at least go out a lot. It seems every time I leave mine at home, I need it desperately while I'm out somewhere.

So I think if you have need for it, get one.

Oh, and do you not like friends calling you?
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

i would be lost if i didn't have my cell phone...have had one for almost 5 years.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have one, dont use it much, but I would be totally lost without it. I cant leave home without it.
She doesn’t drive me crazy she doesn’t make it impossible for me to feel normal . She doesn’t make me sick to my stomach thinking of my veterinarian touching her with his hands. Oh man I would give anything not to be looking at you.
Kimber_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

I have one but don't use it much. They make a phone now where you pay for the minutes by purchasing a card. It's suppose to be a good way to keep from using too many minutes and driving your bill up.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
cls21c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Handy, but I don't use mine too much.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have a cellphone too! I need it cause I be away a lot and need to be reachable when I am away. I am very happy when I miss train or something and need to be at a place on time, so I can call to say that I come later...
Your friends won't call often, cause its more expensive to call on a cellphone than call you at home.
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hated the thought of having a cell phone.... verizon was making hundreds of dollars off of me. So i switched to Cingular.... you can call anyone who has it and it doesn't cost minutes. And it's cheaper. Now I love using my cell phone.
"Somewhere in the darkest corner of your darkest dream, there is a place where all that is lost can be found. And there in that darkest corner, crouched in the cold, you will find me...and you will find yourself."--Davey Havok of AFI
~*~Amber~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Something I don't understand... those people who buy their young kids cell phones. I know of a 5-year-old boy with one.

Where would he go where he'd need it? Shouldn't a 5-year-old have some sort of adult supervision in case anything happened? And how could you trust him with something so expensive and delicate?
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeegurl00
Something I don't understand... those people who buy their young kids cell phones. I know of a 5-year-old boy with one.

Where would he go where he'd need it? Shouldn't a 5-year-old have some sort of adult supervision in case anything happened? And how could you trust him with something so expensive and delicate?
Right on! Peoplr who give their young kids cells are just looking for an excuse to be neglegent in my opinion Like giving them a piece of plastic is going to make them any safer

Aaaaaanyway I absolutely love my cell phone. Long distance is free and it's just easier to keep in contact with everyone with them, and it eliminates the problem of waiting for other people to get off the phone and makes it easier to do things as a teenager still needing permission to make plans. As far as the friends calling thing, most of my friends don't even have my home number and yeah they call a lot but not any more then they would if they did have my home number... and when I'm busy and don't want to talk I just put it on silent or turn it off and work on whatever I need to
Mordacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I just got one. I took the cheapest plan Verizon had, and now I've got a phone! No one ever calls me, so it's really just for emergencies.
Spooky Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spice
I just got one. I took the cheapest plan Verizon had, and now I've got a phone! No one ever calls me, so it's really just for emergencies.
it starts off slow and then you're on it once every so often and then it slowly increases
Mordacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks everyone for you input. I might get one. I just don't know which phone company to go to. My friend said Cingular is good. Don't get me wrong about the friends thing. I don't mind if they call. I know some people who are too busy to talk to them.
Lucas and Brooke // Jake and Peyton
Clark and Lana
the_rock_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:45 PM
New Fan

I would die without my cell phone.
I am so hard to get a hold of (I'm a promoter/interviewer/photographer/mua/hair stylist/model sometimes) and people could only get a hold of me from my cell phone.
Elle Havok-Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread