Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Evanescence News Thread #3 - So much drama! :o

Ok guys, continue your discussions here.. I didn't realize the thread was almost done last time I posted..
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
New Fan

Well, since I'm really bored and want to write English right now, I'll just sum up what I said in the other thread.
My point of view is that people who once considered themselves fans of Evanescence shouldn't be bitching about her now that she has fired John and Rocky has gone with him and they say she's oh so mean. It doesn't matter for the music.
I think people who say they became fans of Evanescence because of the abilities the guitar player and drummer have or don't have and not because of Amy's voice which they apparently find sucky anyways are lying to themselves.
I for my part wish Evanescence all the luck in the world and hope they continue to rock. I still love the music. And I will continue to support them.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I can only speak for myself....and the reason I started listening to ev was because of Amy. I feel the rest of the band do a great job, but Amy Lee = Evanescence and I would seriously doubt the band would be anywhere near as good without her.
When I´ve talked to people about the recent problems in the band, everyone always seems to blame Amy, i read the words "stuck up pretentious cow" on another forum recently. It seems to be the done thing now to criticise her.....its such a shame. She writes beautiful songs and sings beautifully. She deals with interviews really well (even Kerrang! ones lol) and actually STANDS for something, which means alot these days.
Live. And Die. On This Day.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
New Fan

I absolutely agree with you.
Of course the backups are essential, but replaceable since they aren't the most exceptional in the world. But a voice such as Amy's is irreplaceable.
And blaming everything that's going on on Amy is such a narrow way to look at it. There are always two sides, and seldomly is only one side guilty.
What really brought up rage in me was the comment on evboard that maybe Amy lied about her ex-manager, that he didn't sexually harass her. Which I think is a very dangerous statement, because women who have been harassed or raped are taken aback by such statements, feeling that nobody will believe them anyways and so they remain silent about what they have gone through.
I too think that Amy writes beautiful songs, though I have heard other opinions, saying that her lyrics on The Open Door are shallow and nowhere near deep, that the lyrics miss Ben's writing. I think this is not true, because most of the songs were written by Amy anyway, now and then. They say they could write lyrics like the ones on The Open Door in 5 minutes. Wow, I would really like to hear that.
Now there is a new argument coming on on Evboard. They question whether Amy hired those two new guys long ago since otherwise they would only have had 1 week to learn their parts for the show. Which I as a musician say they can. But there are some people who think it's all a big conspiracy and Amy is the leader who wants to take over the world. And us people who say we still love Amy's voice and Evanescence's music are called Amy-worshipping-sheep.
I don't consider myself a sheep for admitting I love her music even if she might have done mistakes, which, as we all know, every human being does from time to time.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocencia (View Post)
I for my part wish Evanescence all the luck in the world and hope they continue to rock. I still love the music. And I will continue to support them.
This is exactly how I feel about this whole issue.
So what if Amy is not a saint and made mistakes? She's only human and what really matters is that the band will go on with her, her beautiful voice and lyrics.
The musicians were good but I don't think the band will suffer too much from their departure. The essence of Evanescence is still there and that's what's important.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, we have refugees from the EvBoards! they must be very hard on Amy there!

I agree with what everyones saying, peopl shouldnt judge Amy until they have heard the whole story, and Evanescence is all about her voice and the lyrics, as much as I love the backups, they are not the thing that sets the group apart from other groups, her voice does that.
And I hadnt heard about the sexual harrassment thing but if they are accusing her of lying then that is very wrong cause as Innocendia said, it would just imply that in similair situations people shouldnt speak up cause no one would believe them anyways!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

When Ben left, I feared for the future of the band, but The Open Door proved to me that they are fine. And we all know how important Ben was to the band. I now believe that drummers, guitar players and other musicians come and go but Amy's voice is what makes Evanescence truly unique.

I just wish this hadn't happened this way. They could have left the band without this mess. And probably this was a mistake they all made. I won't blame only one side. They should have all sat down and talked about how they would handle this issue peacefully.
Accusations from side to side are never pleasant and the fans stand in the middle and don't know what to believe.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes if we survived Bens leave, we can survive Rocky and Johns leave as well.
Its just that theres too much bitterness and mess surrounding it, both from the fans and the band themselves.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw the sweetsacrafice video on kerrang the other day, I like it a lot
Xena&Ares Buffy&Spike pheobe&cole icon by spikes_girl
Old 05-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

^ Glad you enjoyed it

I don't think John & Rocky leaving Ev will hurt them that much. I suppose they lost a bit of their "personality", but in the end, Ev will have always been Amy (and before, Ben & David as well).
Old 05-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its a great video, though I prefer it when Videos tell a sort of story like Nicklebacks videos but SS i beautiul all the same!

Old 05-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Does anyone know if the Sweet Sacrifice video is getting airplay on MTV?
I still haven't seen it on tv.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I havent seen it on MTV either though Ive see it on a few other European channels. Why would it not get airplay?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Evanescence has always been very popular on MTV, since I can remember. That's why it seems a bit weird that I haven't seen the new video yet.
But then, I haven't seen much tv in the last days. Maybe that explains it.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

It seems they're doing okay, but I haven't heard it on the radio nor have seen the video. I saw "Lithium" once...