Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Someone asked for a photo of Michael at Davids and Estelles wedding. Here you go:

Three weeks ago David replace a driver at a FIA GT3 race in Germany. A friend of mine and I had the chance to talk to him and take a few photos. (David is the second from the left. Please, don’t repost these photos elsewhere without my permission!)

Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow! you got to talk to David that's so cool! Was it your first time seeing him/talking to him? He looks cute in the first pic, in the red outfit

Michael reminds me of Hugh Grant in the wedding pic, I'm not sure why I think it's the hair
Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansclan
Someone asked for a photo of Michael at Davids and Estelles wedding. Here you go:

Three weeks ago David replace a driver at a FIA GT3 race in Germany. A friend of mine and I had the chance to talk to him and take a few photos. (David is the second from the left. Please, don’t repost these photos elsewhere without my permission!)

Lucky you I don't suppose that you asked him about Michael? I would love to hear of anything that was said.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

We'd been really lucky. Due to the fact that David there wasn't any special security for him. So the first day we walked over to him and asked him to sign something. When he realised that the stuff wasn't about motorsport but is music he got curious and even more so when he realised that his whole band already signed one picture. We told him that we had met the band when we were in Paris for his concert at Bataclan. Then he asked if we'd like to take photos with him, what of couse we wanted. He's team mate was very amused by this and offered to take a picture of the three of us. After that we left them alone because they had to prepare for the qualifying.

The next day my friend had the chance to talk to him while he was waiting for a photograph who was supposed to take some official pictures. They talked about upcoming races - that he won't start at the 24h of Spa, because he's on vacation with his children, but also will start in Mugello (Italy) for the same team he's been driving in Germany that weekend in september. He also told her, that he will start recording his next album in september in England with the same group he's been on tour last year. After that he was called away for the picture.

So neither me nor my friend talked with him about Michael. Last year I asked him if he and Michael have talked about working together on a project. David answered that they actually just had and they both like to but that there aren't any real plans for it at the moment. He added that it probably wouldn't be anything musician because Michael isn't much of a singer. So maybe we get David back on big screen one day.

EDIT: Mandine, I just realised that you have replied to my message too.
Yes, it was the first time I talked to David in person. I saw him in concert on his last tour twice and I talked to him via e-mail a few times, but of course this was a completly different thing. David couldn't have been sweeter. He realised that the light at the place we were wasn't good so he took us somewhere else for the photos and when we were about to leave he kissed us good-bye...

Last edited by evansclan; 07-24-2006 at 10:55 AM
Old 07-25-2006, 03:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
We'd been really lucky. Due to the fact that David there wasn't any special security for him. So the first day we walked over to him and asked him to sign something. When he realised that the stuff wasn't about motorsport but is music he got curious and even more so when he realised that his whole band already signed one picture. We told him that we had met the band when we were in Paris for his concert at Bataclan. Then he asked if we'd like to take photos with him, what of couse we wanted. He's team mate was very amused by this and offered to take a picture of the three of us. After that we left them alone because they had to prepare for the qualifying.

The next day my friend had the chance to talk to him while he was waiting for a photograph who was supposed to take some official pictures. They talked about upcoming races - that he won't start at the 24h of Spa, because he's on vacation with his children, but also will start in Mugello (Italy) for the same team he's been driving in Germany that weekend in september. He also told her, that he will start recording his next album in september in England with the same group he's been on tour last year. After that he was called away for the picture.

So neither me nor my friend talked with him about Michael. Last year I asked him if he and Michael have talked about working together on a project. David answered that they actually just had and they both like to but that there aren't any real plans for it at the moment. He added that it probably wouldn't be anything musician because Michael isn't much of a singer. So maybe we get David back on big screen one day.

Yes, it was the first time I talked to David in person. I saw him in concert on his last tour twice and I talked to him via e-mail a few times, but of course this was a completly different thing. David couldn't have been sweeter. He realised that the light at the place we were wasn't good so he took us somewhere else for the photos and when we were about to leave he kissed us good-bye...

Oh what a pity that you didn't talk much about Michael as my interest lies with Michael rather than his cousin (sorry). That interesting regarding Michael singing because in Pallbearer I thought he had a good voice. I would love for Michael to be in a musical so that he can sing and play the guitar.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Extreme Fan

In France there is a charity show called "Les Enfoirés" every year. For a few evenings famous french artists come together to give a few concerts. A few weeks later France 2 shows it and after that you can buy it on DVD, VHS and CD. Maybe Michael will decide to join this event one day so you get to see him singing or maybe even playing the guitar.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
In France there is a charity show called "Les Enfoirés" every year. For a few evenings famous french artists come together to give a few concerts. A few weeks later France 2 shows it and after that you can buy it on DVD, VHS and CD. Maybe Michael will decide to join this event one day so you get to see him singing or maybe even playing the guitar.
Thanks now that would be great!! Actually I will be in Paris for a couple of days in August so I might try to find some Vartan music.
Cheers
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
that's so cute! He sounds really nice.

What time of year do they show "Les Enfoirés" ? I'm sure Ive already seen it, but I'm just not sure.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

This year it was aired in march if I remember it right.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Cool thanks!
btw I love your avie!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Anna you're right, he does look like Hugh Grant in that wedding picture!

evansclan: You're so lucky that you got to meet David.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

phew I thought I was going crazy the only person thinking he looked like Hugh Grant lol
Old 08-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Nah, you're not going crazy Anna *pats her on the head*, but maybe everyone else but us is going crazy

Old 08-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I like that logic! and I totally agree, we're the only sane ones left Jen, what are we to do????
Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

That logic is pretty simple: just think of yourself as the center of the world and everything works fine. I'm speaking from my own experience here