Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean about not being a big fan of Mandy until AWtR. I remember just thinking she was another Britney rip off and wouldn't last long and then I saw her in AWtR and she just blew me away. I think it's her best performance to date, but she does get better and better with each movie she does.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Extreme Fan

i love AWTR especially because of mandy and shane .. ive seen it like 20 times and i still love it . i never get sick of it. and i love the book too ! and the soundtrack ! haha

"The are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."<3
/<3
add me!!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FAIT_Accompli
Hah! I did the same thing. I almost wish they would have shot it with Jamie being rolled in in a wheel chair, and then getting up to walk to Landon.

I love the book and I love the movie, despite their differences.

Of the performances I've seen for, this is by far Mandy's best and most heart wrenching.
if you watch the dvd with the commentary on Adam, Shane, and Mandy are talking and Adam goes into how they had shot the end with her in a wheelchair being rolled down the isle but it was to dark..

I know in my heart, I know in my mind,
we're meant to be, are you feelin' me yo.
I'm the girl in your life, I'm the one you call wife,
Old 06-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Passionate Fan

No, Adam said they couldn't shoot it because people would have laughed. He said while it worked for the book, seeing Mandy being wheeled down the aisle would've been too much. I'm still bummed we don't get to see those 36 deleted scenes. For cryin' out loud, WB! I do adore the DVD -- it's like getting two movies for the price of one. (The commentary? Absolutely hilarious. And the movie itself, so freakin' depressing.)

I love the way these three play off each other. Best commentary evah.

ADAM: It always makes me die when she goes -- when you look at that horrible, ugly thing and go, 'It's so beautiful.' [laughs] Look at it! [Shane and Mandy are laughing] It's awful!

MANDY: You didn't even paint it or anything, Shane. [Adam laughs]

SHANE: I didn't have time!

MANDY: What the hell?

SHANE: You were dyin' for God's sake! [Mandy and Adam laugh] And I had to finish the damn thing. It'd be terrible if I was painting it and then you went and died on me.

ADAM: Nice.

MANDY: And I didn't get to see it.

SHANE: [laughs] And you didn't get to see it.

MANDY: That's very compassionate, Shane.

SHANE: I'm very compassionate, all right?
Old 06-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love this movie I cried so much the first time I saw it.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

me too.. i cry everytime when those two are getting married and exchanging their vows...

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-15-2004, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Last Dance~

ADAM: It always makes me die when she goes -- when you look at that horrible, ugly thing and go, 'It's so beautiful.' [laughs] Look at it! [Shane and Mandy are laughing] It's awful!

MANDY: You didn't even paint it or anything, Shane. [Adam laughs]

SHANE: I didn't have time!

MANDY: What the hell?

SHANE: You were dyin' for God's sake! [Mandy and Adam laugh] And I had to finish the damn thing. It'd be terrible if I was painting it and then you went and died on me.

ADAM: Nice.

MANDY: And I didn't get to see it.

SHANE: [laughs] And you didn't get to see it.

MANDY: That's very compassionate, Shane.

SHANE: I'm very compassionate, all right?
That was really funny.

I loved the movie when I saw it. I never thought I would like it that much, and I was so impressed by Mandy, she did an amazing job!!

I don't have it cause it hasn't been released on DVD yet, but I want to hear that commentary so bad.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 06-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Last Dance~
No, Adam said they couldn't shoot it because people would have laughed. He said while it worked for the book, seeing Mandy being wheeled down the aisle would've been too much. I'm still bummed we don't get to see those 36 deleted scenes. For cryin' out loud, WB! I do adore the DVD -- it's like getting two movies for the price of one. (The commentary? Absolutely hilarious. And the movie itself, so freakin' depressing.)

I love the way these three play off each other. Best commentary evah.

Ohh, Now I really need to get this DVD. That's hilarious, lol.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm i have to look if the dvd is released in Germany yet...

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Gah I just watched this movie again this past weekend. I tried to control the bawling but it's unavoidable, that movie gets me everytime, it's so sweet. Minus the dying part I love Mandy, she's a wonderul singer and actress who hasn't had to succumb to taking her clothes off onstage to be successful
Old 06-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Biznitch
Jamie's been my favorite too, but I haven't seen Saved! yet and her character looks pretty hilarious. Jamie was just so unique because even though she was very religious she was also funny and witty. She was very 3-dimensional.
I completely agree. Although Jamie was painted as a holier-than-thou character, I loved how they characterized her as being more than just religious ... there were so many aspects to her like her spunkiness and determination.

Quote:
My favorite part is when they're dancing on the porch to that nice song I can't remember now...lol.
Mine too. And Landon dancing with his mum was cute.

Aww that Shane/Mandy interview thing is adorable. Is it wrong that I kinda ship them together? They just look gorgeous together. And I also didn't think much of Mandy before I saw the movie. I mean I liked her and all, but the movie blew me away. Although it was basically her first big movie role, I thought Mandy played the character so naturally and well. She rocks.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

no its not wrong that you kinda ship them arent we all?

BTW hey sarah

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I adore their commentary and I agree with Alyssa about the 36 deleted scenes, we went crazy over on the AWtR thread on the Movie board when we heard that.

Nikki
Old 06-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this movie, it's so sad to watch "cry:
Old 06-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Addicted Fan

I love this movie. When I read Nicholas Spark's book, I was soo extremely moved that I just had to see the movie adaptation. I was a little disappointed when I found out what they changed the time setting, but only for a little while. Mandy and Shane's portrayal of the characters were wonderful.

The only bad part of this movie was that I stupidly forgot to bring tissues. I was bawling.

icon by poordeadturtle