Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

"A Walk To Remember" Appreciation Thread

This just happens to be my all time favorite movie and it was an added bonus that Mandy was in it. This is the movie that really changed it all for me where Mandy was concerned. I was very surprised by her amazing performance and the story captivated me.

Nikki

Last edited by ~*Nikki*~; 03-04-2005 at 11:32 PM
Old 06-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I love this movie, it's one of my favorites, and I was also really surprised at how well Mandy did considering it was her first big role. She and Shane West had awesome chemistry and it was such an amazing story.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 06-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

You know while I've enjoyed her roles since, Jamie was my favorite role and I think she and Shane had some amazing chemistry.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Jamie's been my favorite too, but I haven't seen Saved! yet and her character looks pretty hilarious. Jamie was just so unique because even though she was very religious she was also funny and witty. She was very 3-dimensional.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 06-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I loved this movie. One of the rare cases where I felt that the movie was much better than the book.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I definatly agree with you Chris, the movie was better than the book. I like them both, but they are very different from each other.

For starters, Jamie was a blonde in the book.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

I also absolutely loved this movie, and I've watched it over and over again. It was so sweet and touching, and Mandy did a wonderful job in it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just loved this movie it was one of the saddest movie i have ever scene Mandy in this movie got to my heart and at the end of the movie i felt like i had lost someone close to me i was so emotionaly drained i have never been as touched by a movie as A Walk To Remember the chemistry between Mandy and Shane was one of the best on screen duo. I must of watched that movie like 15 times in all being about 8 times at the movies and about 7 times on dvd ...
Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really, really love this movie! It's my all time favorite. I thought she did the role of Jaime really good. I watch this movie too many times!
Old 06-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Another thing I loved about it was the ability it had to touch all kinds of people. When I went and saw it, the theater was packed with various types of people, men, women, children of all ages and during the most emotional scenes, everyone was moved and most were crying.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

I read the book after I saw the movie...I'm glad I did, the title makes so much more sense now. Heartbreaking but beautiful. I have the tape (need to get DVD) and I think I must have worn that out.

My favorite part is when they're dancing on the porch to that nice song I can't remember now...lol.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tenaciousluci
I read the book after I saw the movie...I'm glad I did, the title makes so much more sense now.
Hah! I did the same thing. I almost wish they would have shot it with Jamie being rolled in in a wheel chair, and then getting up to walk to Landon.

I love the book and I love the movie, despite their differences.

Of the performances I've seen for, this is by far Mandy's best and most heart wrenching.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 06-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tenaciousluci

My favorite part is when they're dancing on the porch to that nice song I can't remember now...lol.
The song was " Someday We'll Know" and it's sung by Mandy Moore and Jonathan Foreman from Switchfoot( love them! )

This is one of my fav movies. I own the DVD, soundtrack and book. I def prefer the movie over the book, but the book was quite nice too.

I absolutely LOVE the soundtrack. I'm listening to it all the time. SO GOOD!

I think Shane & Mandy should do another movie together. One with a less depressing ending... Great chemisty, those two.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

I also loved how the book was open ended, it was never clear that she died and even the author himself said when it came down to it, you could have it go either way.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

I have this movie on DVD. It's one of my favorites. Honestly, I didn't think much of Mandy Moore before this film, but she proved me wrong. Consdering that A Walk to Remember was her first leading role, I thought she did an extraordinary job. She really tapped into the depth and emotions of Jamie's character, to the point where you were engrossed in the trials and tribulations of her situation. It was a bittersweet film, but done very well. I haven't seen Saved! yet, so I still consider this Mandy's best performance to date.