Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but it made me wondering when I was watching S5, so was there any original storyline for NH before they decide to use nanny crap storyline for them?? I feel like S5 in general, there are def missing.. I guess that have to do w/ writing strike..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Initially, I thought that the Nathan/depression/alcohol SL was going to be their main SL throghout the season and I was happy about it, because it had a lot of potential. It was something different, meaningful, new and somewhat realistic. Then they completely brushed that away with a simple haircut and the Nanny debacle started. I will never understand why that happened, but I gave up trying to understand Mark's mind some years ago
Old 08-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Loyal Fan

^exactly, somehow with the new haircut he was different over night it wasn't realistic to me. Also hated nanny carrie and thought that storyline sucked.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNaley (View Post)
Initially, I thought that the Nathan/depression/alcohol SL was going to be their main SL throghout the season and I was happy about it, because it had a lot of potential. It was something different, meaningful, new and somewhat realistic. Then they completely brushed that away with a simple haircut and the Nanny debacle started. I will never understand why that happened, but I gave up trying to understand Mark's mind some years ago
Same here.. I still wondering if they don't like depression/alcohol SL which that's why they made it overnight that he suddenly realized what he did?? It just weird timing when they hired Carrie.. But you got that right about Mark's mind.. I stop figuring it out on what he wants since I guess that nothing realistic w/ this show beside some of SL are realistic.. Oh well..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Loyal Fan

c
Old 08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveBJoy (View Post)
^exactly, somehow with the new haircut he was different over night it wasn't realistic to me. Also hated nanny carrie and thought that storyline sucked.

Quote:
Same here.. I still wondering if they don't like depression/alcohol SL which that's why they made it overnight that he suddenly realized what he did?? It just weird timing when they hired Carrie.. But you got that right about Mark's mind.. I stop figuring it out on what he wants since I guess that nothing realistic w/ this show beside some of SL are realistic.. Oh well..
IDK. My guess is that they probably realized carrying on with such a deep, real and difficult situation was way too hard for them and they decided to go the easy way and write a bunch of nonsense. Enter Nanny Carrie.

I love that scene from 2x01. So romantic!

credit: leave-me-hypnotized-love

Last edited by soul and spirit; 08-12-2012 at 03:40 PM
Old 08-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Loyal Fan

****ty Wedding Sex! My favorite scene in that episode.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I'm pretty sure that everyone love that scene since we been waiting that long..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Very true people still go crazy for that scene
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh my unf!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

****ty wedding sex!! That scene was amazing!

Quote:
IDK. My guess is that they probably realized carrying on with such a deep, real and difficult situation was way too hard for them and they decided to go the easy way and write a bunch of nonsense. Enter Nanny Carrie.
This. The writing for the show was pretty lazy by the time, so it's not too surprising to me that they went for the cheap storyline instead of going for the storyline that could've had substance and quality. When I look back on it, while I didn't care for the Nanny Carrie storyline, the storyline itself didn't bother me as much as the way it was written did. It came across as very sexist, which kind of makes me rage
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel (View Post)
****ty wedding sex!! That scene was amazing!

This. The writing for the show was pretty lazy by the time, so it's not too surprising to me that they went for the cheap storyline instead of going for the storyline that could've had substance and quality. When I look back on it, while I didn't care for the Nanny Carrie storyline, the storyline itself didn't bother me as much as the way it was written did. It came across as very sexist, which kind of makes me rage
This a million times. I've written a lot about this issue in the past so I won't write it once again, but the way they made it seem like it was Haley's fault that her husband let some other girl flirt with him and disrespect his wife which only led him to lie to her was... I can't even. So sexist.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel (View Post)
Yeah, that's how I feel when I was watching it even it just stupid.. But it made me think that was there ton of men writers because if it is then they need to get female writers since I feel like they always making it like women can't do this and stuff like that.. So dumb move..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I never thought of that, I really don't think a woman has ever been able to write a script for the show(not sure just guessing) It was mainly male writers.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks even I gonna check it out the names of writers since I think that half of female writers was left in either second season or third season.. Which that's suck..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread