Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Same.

I finally watched the first season of Dexter this past weekend and ended up really liking it. I kind of want to get caught up on all the rest before this next season starts, but probably won't have the time. Maybe I can find some summaries by season for 2-7 online somewhere instead.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Becky, if you ask me, s1-3 are the best. Granted, I haven't seen the rest because I stopped watching in s3 but from what I see from peeps who have watched the show from the beginning too, many say the same thing. But I'm intrigued about Joy's part! Also, from what I have seen so far, seems it isn't hard to catch up from s3 to s8. LOL I feel like I haven't missed that much.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Don't worry that you haven't miss anything since it kind of same since I been watching this show for an month to watch the whole seasons..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmba310 (View Post)
Same.

I finally watched the first season of Dexter this past weekend and ended up really liking it. I kind of want to get caught up on all the rest before this next season starts, but probably won't have the time. Maybe I can find some summaries by season for 2-7 online somewhere instead.
I think that S1-3 was the best one and S4 was good, but not like S1-3, but after S4 went kind of downhill and it was odd and I feel like they don't know what to do, but drag little longer..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the feedback on the remaining seasons, Caro and Steph. Maybe I'll try to watch the next 2 seasons before Joy's episode airs and then just read summaries for the other seasons.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen some eps from season 1 but that's about it. I might catch up as well and finish S1-S3 and read the rest or something.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmba310 (View Post)
Thanks for the feedback on the remaining seasons, Caro and Steph. Maybe I'll try to watch the next 2 seasons before Joy's episode airs and then just read summaries for the other seasons.
No problem even though I think that S7 def the most WTF because there are lot of things I have questions about it even though I feel like it was kind of filler season or something like that..

is that what you want?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

They did a marathon of S7 on Showtime last weekend, so I have that season on my DVR. I'll plan to watch those episodes as well as S2 and S3...better get started!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart packed in ice (View Post)
Becky, if you ask me, s1-3 are the best. Granted, I haven't seen the rest because I stopped watching in s3 but from what I see from peeps who have watched the show from the beginning too, many say the same thing. But I'm intrigued about Joy's part! Also, from what I have seen so far, seems it isn't hard to catch up from s3 to s8. LOL I feel like I haven't missed that much.
s4 is quite awesome.

It is true that after s4 it kind of went downhill but it is still a great show.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

The show is still good imo. My least favourite is season 3. The best was season 1,2 and 4 imo.

Quote:
I think that S1-3 was the best one and S4 was good, but not like S1-3, but after S4 went kind of downhill and it was odd and I feel like they don't know what to do, but drag little longer..
I think it's dragging because the concept has never changed, it's always the same. A new villain to challenge Dexter, somebody finds out about Dexter's secret, a lot of people get killed and Dexter almost gets caught.

Quote:
It is true that after s4 it kind of went downhill but it is still a great show.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I try to remember what went down in S3 and I forget about Miguel, but honestly, I always find his character odd or something like that.. Oh well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I think it's dragging because the concept has never changed, it's always the same. A new villain to challenge Dexter, somebody finds out about Dexter's secret, a lot of people get killed and Dexter almost gets caught.
Yeah, that's true about the concept never changed, but maybe they should have little spicy it up or something like that.. And I agree w/ you about new villain challenge him, but I seriously tho that he will get caught sooner or later, but I still surprise that he haven't..

is that what you want?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

I signed up for Showtime and found out that I now have access to Showtime on Demand so can access all seasons. I'm 5 episodes into S2 now and still enjoying it. It's going to be great seeing Joy on a grittier show like this. Only 3 weeks until her first episode.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Season 1, 2 and 4 are the only great seasons.

Season 5 I like to pretend never happened.

Season 6 was plain bad and i mean reaally bad.

Season 7 was boring

Season 3 was okay but not memorable.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I try to remember what went down in S3 and I forget about Miguel, but honestly, I always find his character odd or something like that.. Oh well..
Miguel was one of the most boring characters ever. He only got interesting when he showed his psycho side towards the end of the season.

Quote:
Yeah, that's true about the concept never changed, but maybe they should have little spicy it up or something like that.. And I agree w/ you about new villain challenge him, but I seriously tho that he will get caught sooner or later, but I still surprise that he haven't..
I think the creators never expected the show to go on for so long. I think they probably planned to have Dexter caught at the end of season 3 or 4 at the most. But they couldn't catch him until it was clear they were writing the last season because Dexter being caught would be the end of the show. I think that he will either end up in jail or die in the 8th season. There will (or should) be no happy ending for Dexter and/or Debra.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

after the premiere, i'm not sure how joy will even fit into the freakin show. ugh. so bad!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I feel the same way.. I still wondering how Joy's character will be fit in.. Maybe I guess that because of her love interest???

is that what you want?

Reply   Post New Thread