Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel luvs tony (View Post)
Holli, I haven't even figured out the first password of Mrs Mudson, Outside, What outside? Give me a hint please or just hand me a blow dryer cos this is embarassing. I am supposed to be good at riddles.

Star quest, you have to google a word called leet, you will figure it out then.

I never went back to wizard quest. how did you get past the first level?

Wow this thing with the blow dryer is so much more common than I thought it would be. Have had that happened to me once, was lucky I didn't burn my hair (or else would not have needed a blow dryer ever ) .

My hair had caught fire once though, back when it used to be very very long and I leaned over the stove to get something and the end of my hair caught fire. But only little air was burned, nothing serious except for the smell

And now I am distaracted by Sherlock Holmes. I am reading the novel in which Sherlock Holmes and Mr Watson were introduced for the first time
I only read The Hounds of the Baskervilles... is yours good?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
I read most of the Sherlock stories when I was a kid.
I think the book Neel describes is a new one, right? Not ny Arthur Conan Doyle. I think I had it in my hands twice already in the book store and couldn't decide.

Let me know if you like it Neel, cause I'm really looking for good new books!

Holli
Old 08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I read most of the Sherlock stories when I was a kid.
I think the book Neel describes is a new one, right? Not ny Arthur Conan Doyle. I think I had it in my hands twice already in the book store and couldn't decide.

Let me know if you like it Neel, cause I'm really looking for good new books!
No,No I am reading the one with Arthur Conan Doyle. It's called A Study In Scarlet. I have never read anything by ACD before and didn't know there was a new Sherlock Holmes book

Quote:
It's good. It tells us how Holmes and Watson met
Quote:
Well, obviously Mrs Mudson is way too easy for you! The first password IS outside

I finally got into the wizard quest. the first password is beyond. duh! I'm busy with the second now. I'm totally sure I got it, there must be a problem with the spelling I can't figure out.

And thanks for the leet hint. Thout I'll have to put more time into this. Still can't read it. NEVER would have gotten on that trail, though.
I got to level 6 and am stuck. Where are you ?

Wizard, you are obviously better at these riddles than I am. U figured out the second riddle of Wizard quest? Stuck again

Leet? You just have to substitute alphabets for the nos. Are you reading about leet in Wikepedia , if not go there, it will help. I am stuck on the next one again, its a rebus. What's another word for a pin??

Does any of the other countries here, celebrate Friendship day tomorrow?? It used to be a day celebrated for the fun of it in colleges, now its a big thing. All channels on TV. radios are harping on about it, its actually quite annoying. Just wondering if its celebrated anywhere else?

Last edited by neel luvs tony; 08-04-2007 at 12:27 PM
Old 08-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

hi di ho there!
I'm back the holidays in Dresden/Freital were great I had a lot of fun Tomorror i'll make a little travel report Now i'm a bit to tired to make this...
and tomorrow i'll upload the photos too!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
No,No I am reading the one with Arthur Conan Doyle. It's called A Study In Scarlet. I have never read anything by ACD before and didn't know there was a new Sherlock Holmes book

It's good. It tells us how Holmes and Watson met

I got to level 6 and am stuck. Where are you ?

Wizard, you are obviously better at these riddles than I am. U figured out the second riddle of Wizard quest? Stuck again

Leet? You just have to substitute alphabets for the nos. Are you reading about leet in Wikepedia , if not go there, it will help. I am stuck on the next one again, its a rebus. What's another word for a pin??

Does any of the other countries here, celebrate Friendship day tomorrow?? It used to be a day celebrated for the fun of it in colleges, now its a big thing. All channels on TV. radios are harping on about it, its actually quite annoying. Just wondering if its celebrated anywhere else?
Didn't know ACD wrote about the meeting of Watson and Sherlock himself. Will have to check that out.

Mrs. Mudson. Stuck on level 9 now. Took me a while to get past level 6. The missing letters are the key.

And I got past the leet thing and am now stuck with the pin thing too. Tried pinlight, but that didn't work. You sure pin is not the correct word? I just think somethin has to be added. But no clue really.

Wizard: I must be doing something wrong. The pics for me spell ant,arc,tick,a - would make antarctica for me or something like that. Maybe this helps you to figure it out??

And no, never heard of friendship day. Is this the new Valentine's day cause everyone's single and they don't make enough money on chocolate and flowers anymore? Just kidding.

Holli
Old 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaholli (View Post)
Didn't know ACD wrote about the meeting of Watson and Sherlock himself. Will have to check that out.

Mrs. Mudson. Stuck on level 9 now. Took me a while to get past level 6. The missing letters are the key.

And I got past the leet thing and am now stuck with the pin thing too. Tried pinlight, but that didn't work. You sure pin is not the correct word? I just think somethin has to be added. But no clue really.

Wizard: I must be doing something wrong. The pics for me spell ant,arc,tick,a - would make antarctica for me or something like that. Maybe this helps you to figure it out??

And no, never heard of friendship day. Is this the new Valentine's day cause everyone's single and they don't make enough money on chocolate and flowers anymore? Just kidding.

Holli
I found the book online.

Mrs Mudson - Ah thanks, will try and solve it tomorrow. Its late .

Star Quest- I PMed the mod over there, and this was his/her reply

Can you think of another name for that "pin" and also where the arrow is pointing is important.

wizard quest = will think about it tomorrow.

Friendship day.?? Its true. It's really stupid. It was a fun thing in college and enjoyed it a lot got to make new friends. But didn't had to buy anything for anyone. Now its ridiculous.

Hey Sabrina Welcome back. glad to know you had a good time, looking forward to seeing those pics.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know there was a new book about Holmes... interesting!
And I'll definetely have to read some more ACD... just wish the day had more hours

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I found the book online.

Mrs Mudson - Ah thanks, will try and solve it tomorrow. Its late .

Star Quest- I PMed the mod over there, and this was his/her reply

Can you think of another name for that "pin" and also where the arrow is pointing is important.

wizard quest = will think about it tomorrow.

Friendship day.?? Its true. It's really stupid. It was a fun thing in college and enjoyed it a lot got to make new friends. But didn't had to buy anything for anyone. Now its ridiculous.

Hey Sabrina Welcome back. glad to know you had a good time, looking forward to seeing those pics.
Star Quest - No idea - another name might be tack, but that doesn't help me either.
Wizard. My guess was actually right. The problem was that I was hitting enter after typing the solution into the field. I actually had to press the submit button. Duh!

And welcome back Sabrina!! You should jump right into the Icon challenge! It's still lots of time

Now you get me all confused about the book, but I'm sure there was a new one - maybe not about the meeting? Will have to check out Amazon.

Holli
Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Loyal Fan

@Holli: No, i think I'll wait for the next challenge. i was a little bit surprised when i saw, that my banner was the mod's choice of the fifth challenge oO wow! Oo

@Neel: I chosed over 30 photos from 107

I have to say, that i have no photos of Dresden, because the batteries of my digicam were empty -o- but my fried Becky wants to scan her photos and send me them with an email.

I was watching at my little report on my papers and... i think i'll make it soon, but not yet

First the photos and maybe later the short report ^^

Becky and her (very tired) niece Emma
Thaaaaaat's me...
Becky as a "big baby"
My Stuff... (pencil case, mobile phone, CSI Book (yeehaw!), ...
Becky in front of the pool of her friend Sandra
Sandra grills Tomatos and flesh of chicken
That's Josephine - always called Jo or Josi
Becky, Sandra and Josi
again...
Becky; taking a photo of me while i'm taking a photo of her!
Josi with Sandra's rabbit 'Hamlet'
Fire in a small "stove"
Becky on the Notebook
a very stupid photo of me...
Outside: Rainy, Inside: Sunny
Cactus
This is Sumi (female cat) ^^
Again Sumi - she wanted to across my legs
This sleeping (male) cat is not Garfield, but Stanislaus (short: Stani)
Sumi ^^ (did i tell you, that she's pregnant?)
me again...
Two sleeping cats
a place of the town "Moritzburg"
a lake in Moritzburg
again the lake
Ice Café
ICE CREAM!!!!
Becky and Josi in front of the lake in Moritzburg
the 'castle' of Moritzburg
castle
swimming ducks
Something very old German.
Josi and the soap bubbles
a tower in Moritzburg
Shoes, Jeans and legs (Me, Josi, Becky)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow! Loads of pics.. only got through half of them so far, but you look very sweet, Sabrina!
Have you already posted on the photo thread?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks.
no i didn't post there oO
Old 08-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, just saw the Simpsons movie... two total XF moments... when they run in the cornfield (with the helicopters) and later, when they come back to the dome...? Total Fight the Future feeling!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Loyal Fan

*rofl* i saw the simpsons movie too! And yes, i thought too, that the dome is a little bit looking like the 'domes' in FTF *lol*
Old 08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

I spent this past weekend in London, here is my little recap! (it's copied straight from myspace, so if anything doesnt make sense I apologise now XD haha)

I wasn’t going to blog about it, but then I thought I couldn’t disappoint my many dedicated readers out there who actually care about my life XD heheh… So here goes! =]

Friday

Left for London at about 8.30 Friday evening, Dad drove. Can’t remember what time we got up there, but we went for some food b4 checking into the hotel. Found a West Indian restaurant in Shepherds Bush... I didn’t like it much ¬___¬, it’s no Perry’s that’s for sure! Left quite a bit of my food on the plate =|

Anywho, then we had the task of getting from S. Bush to the hotel. Had the Tom-Tom switched on but still managed to get lost!! LOL. We eventually checked in just b4 midnight. I was worried they would moan as it was so late, but we had called before we left Reading to let them know we would be late and they were fine with it.

Checked in, took our bags upstairs then went and parked the car in a nearby carpark.

Went to bed shortly after returning from the carpark.

Saturday

Woke up early and went to breakfast.

After brekkie me and the folks parted ways. I took the tube from Russell Square down to Piccadilly Circus, and my ‘rents took a taxi to Southwark where their seminar/service was being held @ the Cathedral.

Once in Piccadilly, went straight to the Trocadero to the cinema to watch Transformers. I went to first showing @ 11.10 so that I could have the rest of the day to do whatever I felt like doing! I had actually already ordered my ticket online the night b4 to eliminate the need to queue up ^___^. Meant that whilst others were waiting to buy theirs, I got mine from the machine, then got my popcorn and drink and went straight through YAY!

As I said in my bulletin, I really enjoyed the film. As many have said and I now agree with, tis one of, if not THE best movie I've seen this year.

Just brilliant! Had a huge smile on my face from start to finish lol, weak at the knees, goosebumps on my arms... Everything heh.

And the ticket was surprisingly cheap... Nearly £2 less than Reading ¬___¬

So anyways, if you haven't seen it yet, go see now! ^___^ YAY! (I realise this is copied straight from the bulletin, but I’m sure hardly anyone bothered reading that...)

After the film, I took a nice stroll down to China Town where I went in search of “Choco Pie” recommended to me by Adam =]. Checked one shop, but had no luck there, so I found another and spotted them the minute I walked through the door! £2.80 for a box of 12 . Will be taking a couple into work to share with Emz and Ads ^___^

Next, I stopped off at a Starbucks. Ordered a Iced Caffe Mocha... Which some bitch behind me stole, and left behind her Frappuchino ¬___¬. So the nice guy who served me whipped me up another one. And I winked at him as I thanked him ha... yea

Then after that, I either went to Blackwells Bookstore for a bit and sat on a comfy seat and read for a while... OR I went to Subway for lunch. But those were the nxt two places I visited.

I then decided to find out where the Travelodge is that I will be staying at in a couple of weeks when I go to see Lostprophets @ the Astoria (2 weeks on Weds!! **** YES!!).

I ended up getting myself lost and confused :-s, but once I found Holborn Tube Station I managed to get my bearings and find the hotel XD haha.

I then walked back to the hotel we were currently staying at in/near Russell Square. I was tired and the heat was getting to me lol. Gave my folks a call to find out where they were and when they would be back. They had met up with my uncles & aunt and were having a drink @ some pub or other. So no hurry to get back.

I took a nap and watched some TV (or vice versa...)

Woke up feeling like a fancied another coffee, and thankfully there was a Starbucks two doors down from the hotel so I popped in there and got a Café Mocha. But they were closing soon so I had to get it to go . As I came out, I spotted my mum who was doing some window shopping heh.

We went into Café Nero (few doors down from Starbucks). Mum got a smoothie and I had my coffee from S.Bucks. I thought they might be funny about me drinking a different company’s drink in their shop, but they didn’t say owt XD.

After the drink I wanted to go for a walk coz was bored of sitting around in the hotel room. Mum went back to hers for a rest before dinner.

I walked down past Troy’s Uni then up some side roads until eventually ended up back @ the hotel. Didn’t go far really.

For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant just round the corner from the hotel. Was yummy =].

Sunday

Woke up, ate breakfast and were checked out by about 11am or so!!

Got back to Reading about 2ish I think after a few detours heh.

Went out in town in the evening with the Troyster, who I’ve not seen properly since coming back from Glasgow and that was like a month ago ! So it was nice to go out, met up with Ben too.

I didn’t stay out too long, had a few drinks (3 or 4?!?!) then called it a night about 10pm or so. Coz u know, work night and all. Need my sleep else I’ll be cranky (or crankier...) in the morning!

So that’s how I spent my weekend!

The best part of it was definitely the lovely weather. Don’t think I would have enjoyed it half as much if it had been raining and miserable. Infact I would have probably just stayed @ home! But yea it was just wonderful walking round in the sun @ my own pace... getting a “tan” LOL!!! As I said in the bulletin I hope it lasts a few more weeks ready for the festival!! *fingers crossed* =]

ETA: Saw Simpsons movie this afternoon, quite funny heheh and yes the dome did remind me of FTF XD heee

Peace,

G x
Old 08-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Am I the only one here who hasn't ever had a pet, doesn't have a pet and doesn't want one?

I LOVE Bryan Adams too, but his old stuff(summer of 69, only thing that looks good on me is you,18 till I die). Not the mellow, too mushy stuff which are sickeningly sweet.

I like Lucky, he's cute.
I can just about understand not having or never having a pet but not wanting one?!

Of Bryan Adams I love Is Your Mama Gonna Miss Ya?, Summer of 69, Only Thing..., Everything I Do etc etc. He really doesn't fit in with the rest of my musical tastes.

Anyone seen Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron? A film with no real words, just loads of Bryan Adams songs.

Oh so you're a Lucky fan are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
That's SCARY... maybe you have some electric vibe thing going on
You could be right there as I always get shocks off of banisters and stuff. Got electricity coursing through me!

So what did you all think of the Simpsons movie? I don't think I'll bother going to see it. 10 years ago I would have been desperate to see it but now I couldn't really care less. The show is just so bad now, I don't think it's been funny this century.

Any fans of Farscape on here by the way? I have only just discovered the show and I'm loving it so far. Decided to give it a go after enjoying Ben Browder and Claudia Black so much on Stargate

And has anyone seen the musical episode of Scrubs? I just watched it a couple of days ago. Oh my god how brilliant!!! So so funny. "It's guy love!"

I am really hoping for some X-Files guests at Collectormania in a few weeks. Dean Haglund (Langly) is in Edinburgh all this month doing stand-up so hopefully he can make it down.

That's all for now

I shall now vanish...like a wrinkly ninja!

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!