Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

That shirt is brilliant!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Just looking on ebay and found this prop, a real piece of X-Files history

RARE SCREEN USED X Files prop signed GILLIAN ANDERSON on eBay (end time 25-Sep-09 17:48:11 BST)

The programme for Mulder's funeral. And it's signed by Gillian!! If only I had a spare £726 lying about somewhere. Maybe I'll check down the back off the couch see what I can come up with.

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

That's a pretty odd piece of memorabilia and really expensive .
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, that's insane! That's more than it went for in the original auction probably!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
New Fan

X-Files Memorabilia #2

Hey there X-Files fans!!

I'm an actor and I did an episode of the show a loooooong time ago. I have a script signed by both David and Gillian and myself. Come check it out!!!
Episode "Schizongeny"

"The X-Files" Script! David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson - eBay (item 280405690965 end time Oct-11-09 19:00:09 PDT)

-Chad Lindberg
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just remembered that I have an I want to believe poster which I didn't put up again after I moved... I wonder where it is

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I posted this on the OT thread but will post it here as well

It's Ruins in Russian! Got it on ebay for 93p. Will be a looooooooooong time before I can read it properly

Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

That's so awesome! Do you know much now? Are you in the beginning stages?

I actually learned how to say hi the other day in Russian. I think it's "privet"
Old 02-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is really cool. I think I should get me some books in French or Spanish to practice

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
That's so awesome! Do you know much now? Are you in the beginning stages?

I actually learned how to say hi the other day in Russian. I think it's "privet"
You're right, it's privet it's the informal hi. I can read the alphabet, say my name is and things like that. I have a really good teach yourself book and the first two units were reading words and stuff to get you used to reading it, and then it was saying your name, hello, goodbye and general small talk.

I've only been doing it since the middle of January so I think I'm doing not bad! It's just so hard getting used to male/female/neuter and formal/informal. There's not a lot of that in English (and if there is I'm so used to it I don't know that I know ) It's wierd to think of things with genders. It's easier than French though, because you can tell by the ending what the gender is, but the grammer is hard.

Theres not really a big push in UK schools for foreign languages, which is a shame.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, you can't always tell the gender in French by the ending... but Russian is harder than French or also German.
German has male/female/neuter too, but Russian has more cases (genitive, accusative...) than German

And I think that languages aren't so popular in the UK, because the country doesn't share any borders with any other country... you can't get into your car and drive a few hours in any direction and then speak Danish, French, Italian or Polish...
I probably wouldn't see the point in learning foreign languages if I were British...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
I just remembered that I have an I want to believe poster which I didn't put up again after I moved... I wonder where it is
You need to try and find that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
I posted this on the OT thread but will post it here as well

It's Ruins in Russian! Got it on ebay for 93p. Will be a looooooooooong time before I can read it properly
Very cool. Weirdly I was actually looking at that very item recently. Was just looking through ebay and this caught my eye.

I also bought my first piece of memorabilia in ages - a batch of the official magazine, give me something to flick through

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
This is really cool. I think I should get me some books in French or Spanish to practice
You speak Spanish? That's so cool!

Quote:
You're right, it's privet it's the informal hi. I can read the alphabet, say my name is and things like that. I have a really good teach yourself book and the first two units were reading words and stuff to get you used to reading it, and then it was saying your name, hello, goodbye and general small talk.
Yeah, I didn't really want to learn the formal stuff since it's not how you would speak with someone, you know? But I can't believe you're learning it from a book! Seems to me like it'd be hard to get the pronunciation right and just much harder than learning it from a teacher or native speaker. But good for you!

Quote:
I've only been doing it since the middle of January so I think I'm doing not bad! It's just so hard getting used to male/female/neuter and formal/informal. There's not a lot of that in English (and if there is I'm so used to it I don't know that I know ) It's wierd to think of things with genders. It's easier than French though, because you can tell by the ending what the gender is, but the grammer is hard.
Hehe, it's the same with Spanish. There's male/female/neuter and I honestly found it harder to learn English than Spanish, though now I of course now English better than my native language.
So you speak French too?

It might not be huge, but I think it's better than the U.S. It's not really big here learning lots of languages.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I don't really speak it... would require my mouth to actually form words and I haven't done that in ages, but I had four years of Spanish at school and seven years of French

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I speak enough French to survive a day trip and nothing more! I was really bad at it in high school (due to a complete lack of concentration on my part) and took it up again a few years ago as a bit of a hobby.

The book I'm using for Russian came with a CD so I get to hear it spoken, and there's a great youTube channel which a native Russian speaker teaches that I've been following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA*
And I think that languages aren't so popular in the UK, because the country doesn't share any borders with any other country... you can't get into your car and drive a few hours in any direction and then speak Danish, French, Italian or Polish...
I probably wouldn't see the point in learning foreign languages if I were British...
True! I guess we don't really need to know anything, anyone else who speaks another language speaks English so I guees we can be lazy that way When I tell people I'm learning another language they're like "Whhhyyyy???!!!" but I think of it as a skill I'd like to master somehow

John, that's so strange you were looking at the same thing! (I always say it but) eBay is a wonderful place!