Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

I've never been a baseball fan (though I am becoming more of one now that I am surrounded by them ), but I love the beginning and the end of the Unnatural. The XFile in the episode was pretty good, but it's not what I watched for by that point. And it was the first time that I realized how well DD really understood these two characters, maybe better than CC

Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn-
And it was the first time that I realized how well DD really understood these two characters, maybe better than CC
Word! As we commented in that other thread Trustno1 is a perfect example of how CC and co really didn't know their characters at all.

"Hips before hands"
Old 04-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn-
And it was the first time that I realized how well DD really understood these two characters, maybe better than CC
I agree with you. I think both, DD and GA understood the M/S relationship better than CC. They both had shippy scenes in the eppies they directed/wrote and GA lists almost every shipper moment on her favorite XF memories list. I don't know if CC was ever that fond of the romantic aspect of the M/s relationship.

Great screencaps by the way

Old 04-26-2006, 02:05 AM
New Fan

This is, so far, my favorite Season. I just ordered the new "slim" version of it on DVD. This will be my first X-Files season set.

I love the following episodes: Beginning, Dreamland, Dreamland II, Monday (Mainly for the waterbed), Arcadia, Two Fathers, One Son, SR 819, Three of a Kind (I'm surprised I like this, seeing as how Mulder's not in it), Field Trip, Biogenesis.

I guess I'm not as taken with The Unnatural as some of you. I may have to give this episode another shot.

The Dreamland Episodes are two of my favorite episodes ever. I can't wait to watch them again.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

-diVe- ! Welcome to FanForum and the X-Files board. I'm happy you found this place and hope to see you around

S6 was my first boxset as well. And Dreamland is one of my all time favorite eppy, it's so funny and has a great storyline.

I like The Unnatural, it's not that great but for me it's mainly the shippy ending that makes it such a good episode.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Just going to bump this back up as it was good for keeping discussions of the show going
Old 06-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Some S6 quotes:

MULDER: I'm having the best damn day of my life. Any moment I'm about to burst into song -- "Zip a dee doo dah." My, uh, waterbed sprung a leak and shorted out my alarm clock. My cell phone got wet and crapped out on me and the check I wrote my landlord to cover the, uh, damages is going to bounce if I don't deposit my pay. You ever have one of those days, Scully?
SCULLY: Since I've been working here? Yeah. When did you get a waterbed, Mulder?
MULDER: Bank's just down the street. I'll be back in ten. Cover for me, will you?
SCULLY: When do I not?

ARTHUR DALES: If Agent Scully had not been there with you I shudder to think what would have happened to you. I'd say you owe her your life. It takes a big man to admit this, but... if I had had someone as savvy as her by my side all those years ago in the X-Files I might not have retired.

SHEILA: Not even a kiss? Trust me, the man [Mulder] knows how to kiss. I just never thought of Holman that way, you know. He's my closest friend. And to not even suspect...

SCULLY: Well, it seems to me that the best relationships-- the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

I watched Dreamland I + II and Rainking yesterday I never get tired of watching Dreamland, I've seen it so many times already and I still love it!

And I love Scully's look in Rainking when Sheila kisses Mulder I gotta find a screencap of that and post it! *off to find a screencap*

Old 06-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Found some:
I just love how Scully is annoyed throughout the whole episode:

Gotta love annoyed Scully

Okay, so here the Scully face after the Sheila/Mulder "Kiss"

Old 06-06-2006, 04:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Rain King Rocks!! It's such a cute, fun episode to watch. It's hugely underrated IMO It also contains one of my favourite quotes from Scully which you posted earlier.

Thanks for posting the great caps Jen
Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the wonderful screencaps, i love that scene too

Meredith: I feel empty. Izzie: Yeah, two hours of vomitting will do that to you.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Addicted Fan

I love Rain king, it's so cute and funny!

I also loved Triangle, Arcadia, Monday, Milagro, Field Trip, Dreamland 1 + 2 (hilarious!), Biogenesis, The beginning and Three of a kind. I also liked The Unnatural even though I have to admit that I like the M/S baseball scene best
Season 6 was my first DVD box set too! It's one my favorite seasons!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilleen
Season 6 was my first DVD box set too! It's one my favorite seasons!
it was my first DVD Box too
in this season are so many very good (andy shippy) scenes. that

Meredith: I feel empty. Izzie: Yeah, two hours of vomitting will do that to you.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the screencaps! Scullys face is great
Old 07-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

In my opinion, season 6 was the last great season of The X-Files. Then, they wasted so much potential by not knowing how to write the 'we're aliens on our own planet' mythology arc and the series went downhill from there.