Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

So I saw it a few hours ago (the regular version, not the extended cut) and it was like watching it for the first time! Loved it and I was able to keep an eye out for a few little things.

- Michael says buddy in this episode alot. I never realized that before. Does he do that throughout the season?
- Try as I might, when I paused the first shot of the homosexual protesters, I couldn't really spot Tobias. Maybe it's a different camera angle. (BTW: "We're here, we're queer, we wanna get married on the ocean"? Worst chant ever. )
- GOB, by starting that Alliance of Magicians, you have made a huge mistake.
- I laughed at the caption under George Michael: Frozen Banana Salesman/Child that plus his bed head and adorable sports print sleeping bag sealed the deal.
- First wink from Lucille (I didn't realize it happened in the first episode!) "I wonder how I can talk you out of ever making that face again."
- Gotta say how much I like Maeby's introduction. When she planned that joke with George Michael I giggled throughout!
Maeby: "We should teach them a lesson"
George Michael: "Yeah" *slightly nervous laughter* "...no, uh, I don't think so."
Maeby: "I should go to my mom tonight and be like 'I met the cutest guy' and then she'll see you and me totally making out!"
George Michael: *The same sightly nervous laughter* "...But not really, right?"
I gotta say, I didn't fully ship them when I first watched this on TV but after seeing this exchange, I think I kinda ship them.
- Sucks that Michael got passed over (even if it was better in the long run) but he did seem to find solace in those protesting homosexuals and their 'Freedom' signs. Very nice.
- Police boats plus a nervous George Michael and Maeby making out equals hilarity! *cue inappropriate rimshot from a few seconds ago in the episode*
- The FOX news segment is great. 'Swish-bucklers'? That is so FOX! And the reporter lady mispronouncing GOB's name before revealing how the "trick" works was great!
- "They are gonna keep dad in prison at least until this gets all sorted out." *pause* "Also the attorney said that they're gonna have to put a halt on the company's expense account." *Bluth family gasp* "Interesting I would've expected that after 'they're keeping dad in jail'."
- Was Tobias auditioning in a high school or college play? Either way, I would've liked to see some more of his song.
- Interesting, I would've expected a Bluth family intervention to have more booze. And maybe a "You're killing us Michael" sign. But that's just me.
- Also, since George Sr. has such craptastic attorneys, I'm thinking he'd be better off with Michael representing him. Save a few bucks ("You're a crook, Capt. Hook!" That's what Wiki would define as a 'call forward'. )
- George Michael hugging Aunt Lindsay was one of the few touching moments involving Lindsay. BTW, what was the deal with her being unable to cry? Her tear ducts rusty or too much botox?
- Lest I make this post too long, I'll just wrap it up and say great ending to a great first episode. Oh, and that song at the end when it's found out Maeby moves in with George Michael - I finally found it! It's bothered me for a bit.

50,000 out of 10!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the pilot about a week ago.

Didn't realize I knew it almost verbatim.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Hopefully I'll see it very soon
Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha great posts everyone!!

Michael: "I guess he really misses his family".
Lindsay: "Well he doesn't know us very well".
Micheal: "Yeah. Clearly".

First thing Lucille ever says on the show: “Look what they’ve done, Michael. Look what the homosexuals have done to me”. A great intro to her character.
I never fail to laugh when she says she loves all her children equally, then they flashback to earlier in the day where she tells Buster “I don’t care for Gob” with a martini in her hand. LMAO.

-I noticed Buster’s first name is Byron! Ha!
-George Michael looks so young in the Pilot! His hug with Lindsay is so sweet.
-I hate Lindsay's hair in the beginning of this episode.
-And Tobias’ pirate outfit is amazing LOLL. To think he went to MIT. Haha!

Linday: "You're gay?"
Tobias: "No. No, no I'm not gay. Lindsay, how many times must we have this, no. I want to be.... an actor".

(silence)
Old 05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

So I watched the extended pilot today. It never gets old.

I can't believe how different the model home is in the pilot, I mean stairs that go straight to the atic? What is up with that?

Some lines I enjoyed, besides the obvious:

GM: "10 cents gets you nuts." I don't know just the way he said it was funny to me.
GOB: "Incredible. I'm having an incredible year."
Tobias: "How are you?"
GM: "I knew it was against the law!"
Tobias: "Somebody is a rude gus."

I loved when Michael was giving his big speech to the family about how they'll have to start working and this dramatic drumming starts only for it to be Buster.

Man I love this show.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearllers (View Post)
I loved when Michael was giving his big speech to the family about how they'll have to start working and this dramatic drumming starts only for it to be Buster.
"Buster! ...do you have to do that inside...buddy?"

"Mom said it's too windy outside."

Old 05-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, the episode for the second week is:

Quote:
Top Banana
Michael puts George Michael in charge of the Bluth Frozen Banana Stand, and his son subsequently burns down the stand. Elsewhere, Tobias auditions for a commercial, and Lindsay inadvertently gets the part.
View and post away!!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

- Fire Sale audition. "Aamazing Grace."

- "There's almost money in the banana stand."

- "Mr. Manager."

- T-Bone "the flamer"

- "Then why don't you marry an ice cream sandwich!" Not to be undone by George Sr: "I am having a love affair with this ice cream sandwich."

- The GOB/Michael rivarly in this episode. GOB wanting to be in charge but can't even mail a letter. And Mr. Banana Grabber The dead dove in the fridge

- "Is there a carbon monoxide leak in this house?"

- Lucille/Lindsay at lunch and their barbs .. Lucille/Michael

- Michael being a rebel and burning down the banana stand only to realize its the only part of the Bluth empire that makes money.

Lucille: Oh, it’s probably all in a storage unit somewhere.
Michael: Where’s the storage unit?
Lucille: I don’t remember.
Michael: Try.
Lucille: Something-dale. I don’t know -- Brookfeather, Raintree. It’s hot. It was very hot there. I’ve never been ... get a warrant.
Michael: Don't think I won't.

the captain ღ his first officer
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

"Aaaaamazing Grace."

Old 05-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tbone "he's a flamer"
Quote:
Narrator: But he still had some unanswered questions, so he did a little detective work.

Michael: You burn down the storage unit?

T-Bone: Oh, most definitely.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

I love the ice cream sandwich bit

And the classic of always being money in the banana stand
Old 05-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)

- Michael being a rebel and burning down the banana stand only to realize its the only part of the Bluth empire that makes money.

"HOW MANY DIFFERENT WAYS DO I HAVE TO SAY THERE'S MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!!!"
Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

^ that never gets old

George Sr. wanted to kill Michael
Old 05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

When I saw a rerun of this episode way back in the day, this the one that made me fall in love with the show. The exact moment was when GOB dramatically hurled the letter into the ocean.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Hahah that letter scene kills me everytime!