View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Veiled Vesta
Master Fan

So I saw it a few hours ago (the regular version, not the extended cut) and it was like watching it for the first time! Loved it and I was able to keep an eye out for a few little things.

- Michael says buddy in this episode alot. I never realized that before. Does he do that throughout the season?
- Try as I might, when I paused the first shot of the homosexual protesters, I couldn't really spot Tobias. Maybe it's a different camera angle. (BTW: "We're here, we're queer, we wanna get married on the ocean"? Worst chant ever. )
- GOB, by starting that Alliance of Magicians, you have made a huge mistake.
- I laughed at the caption under George Michael: Frozen Banana Salesman/Child that plus his bed head and adorable sports print sleeping bag sealed the deal.
- First wink from Lucille (I didn't realize it happened in the first episode!) "I wonder how I can talk you out of ever making that face again."
- Gotta say how much I like Maeby's introduction. When she planned that joke with George Michael I giggled throughout!
Maeby: "We should teach them a lesson"
George Michael: "Yeah" *slightly nervous laughter* "...no, uh, I don't think so."
Maeby: "I should go to my mom tonight and be like 'I met the cutest guy' and then she'll see you and me totally making out!"
George Michael: *The same sightly nervous laughter* "...But not really, right?"
I gotta say, I didn't fully ship them when I first watched this on TV but after seeing this exchange, I think I kinda ship them.
- Sucks that Michael got passed over (even if it was better in the long run) but he did seem to find solace in those protesting homosexuals and their 'Freedom' signs. Very nice.
- Police boats plus a nervous George Michael and Maeby making out equals hilarity! *cue inappropriate rimshot from a few seconds ago in the episode*
- The FOX news segment is great. 'Swish-bucklers'? That is so FOX! And the reporter lady mispronouncing GOB's name before revealing how the "trick" works was great!
- "They are gonna keep dad in prison at least until this gets all sorted out." *pause* "Also the attorney said that they're gonna have to put a halt on the company's expense account." *Bluth family gasp* "Interesting I would've expected that after 'they're keeping dad in jail'."
- Was Tobias auditioning in a high school or college play? Either way, I would've liked to see some more of his song.
- Interesting, I would've expected a Bluth family intervention to have more booze. And maybe a "You're killing us Michael" sign. But that's just me.
- Also, since George Sr. has such craptastic attorneys, I'm thinking he'd be better off with Michael representing him. Save a few bucks ("You're a crook, Capt. Hook!" That's what Wiki would define as a 'call forward'. )
- George Michael hugging Aunt Lindsay was one of the few touching moments involving Lindsay. BTW, what was the deal with her being unable to cry? Her tear ducts rusty or too much botox?
- Lest I make this post too long, I'll just wrap it up and say great ending to a great first episode. Oh, and that song at the end when it's found out Maeby moves in with George Michael - I finally found it! It's bothered me for a bit.

50,000 out of 10!