Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
It makes sense. For a moment I thought there was a chance of Locke coming back if Jack and Co. had slightly altered time, but it doesn't seem that way now.

I just think they could have given the character a better closure.
Especially considering John seemed very much in touch with the island from the beginning. His holding up one black token and one white one when he was explaining backgammon to Walt: "Two players, two sides — one is light, one is dark."

Old 05-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Especially considering John seemed very much in touch with the island from the beginning. His holding up one black token and one white one when he was explaining backgammon to Walt: "Two players, two sides — one is light, one is dark."
Exactly.

Which in the end, I guess we're expected to believe that the "dark side" was able to deceive Locke and get its "hooks into him" so to speak. Personally, I don't think it negates his purpose/connection to the island in any way. Jacob did "touch" him, which to me - indicates that Locke had a purpose to serve under him. Unfortunatley, he became a casuality within this battle of Light vs. Dark. As did some of the other Losties.

This is just my own personal take and I expect no one else to take this on as their own perspective; however, I feel that it may be implied/possible that any Lostie that originally survived the initial crash may have come into contact with Jacob at one point or another in their lives.

I responded to a similar speculation on another thread here when someone else theorized that perhaps Jacob touched our Losties because they'd be the ones on flight 815. However, I refuted it because of Hurley and Sayid being "touched" post-crash. Plus, you'd have to take into account all the people that didn't survive the crash at all. Therefore, after thinking about it some more, I came up with an alternative theory that branches off of that earlier theory. I think it's possible that people that didn't survive the crash of 815 at all - weren't "chosen", in a matter of speaking, for whatever reason. Their purpose wasn't on the island so they died. I know we were shown Jacob touching some survivors pre-crash and others post-crash but perhaps they've all been into contact with Jacob before and after but the writers just haven't shown us that? Plus, we just are not going to see it because some of them (815er's) have already become casualities in this bigger "war."

Like Locke.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-16-2009 at 11:00 PM
Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

So who's going to open a thread for Jacob?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this is the most disappointed I've ever been with a Lost finale. Maybe it's because I was expecting something more like last season's finale, non-stop action and entertainment.

The highlight for me was Sawyer beating up Jack. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

The Juliet stuff killed me. EM and JH did a fantastic job. I'm not even a Sulieter, and I was crying my eyes out. I guess this was another unfortunate consequence of one of Jack's oh-so-great plans. I'll take my complaints on that over to the anti-Jack thread.

Locke . . . disappointing.

Lots of character degredation in this finale. Let's hope Season 6 fixes it.

-April
ICON
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread